Photo

flysoup's artcorner including the BG fan Comic

• Please log in to reply
651 replies to this topic

#601 Kepster

Kepster
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:53 PM

I really like the first version of that high elf, it's very clean and the coloring is neat. Plus, his face and hair are detailed and quite pretty~ Posted Image

The second one certainly has a more interesting and compelling background, but I feel like the vague-ish coloring job sort of took away some of the fancier details. Of course, you were aiming for a more dramatic look, soo... That said, the lighting & texture on the staff in the second version are really professional-looking and gorgeous. Posted Image

#602 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:20 AM

I really like the first version of that high elf, it's very clean and the coloring is neat. Plus, his face and hair are detailed and quite pretty~ Posted Image

The second one certainly has a more interesting and compelling background, but I feel like the vague-ish coloring job sort of took away some of the fancier details. Of course, you were aiming for a more dramatic look, soo... That said, the lighting & texture on the staff in the second version are really professional-looking and gorgeous. Posted Image

Thanks for the constructive criticism and you have some good points. Anyway as you said I was looking for more 'drama' in the 2nd edition. But as you mentioned the coloring is a bit vague-ish. I am more used with 'comic' influenced art. Anyway I darkened the image and added some more light sources to increase the drama, also added a warmer filter tune. I remember many of those icewind dale portraits that had a lot of black in them and light sources working very well in contrast creating a dramatic mood/feeling.

Attached Images

• Andreas-Highelf-Battle-Mage.jpg

Edited by flysoup, 16 January 2010 - 03:04 AM.

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#603 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:28 AM

Here is the 3d and final version of my friends request having him portrayed as an High Elf. It will surely take weeks before I ever portray a point-ear again ;)

Attached Images

• high-elf-andreas.jpg

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#604 prune1

prune1
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:37 PM

Best of the lot if you ask me. Like the lighter colours and general look and feel of this one.

#605 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:31 PM

Best of the lot if you ask me. Like the lighter colours and general look and feel of this one.

I also think this one turned out to the better compared to the others. I used my own style in the 3d piece and felt more secure
in what I was doing.
"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#606 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:58 PM

Ok friends since sadly the Bhaalspawn website is put on delay, here is another teaser of the first prologue page in the Bhaalspawn saga.
*Artwork/Script: Michael *Script/Script editor: prune1

Attached Images

• bhaalspawn-prologue-p01.jpg

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#607 Tieflingz

Tieflingz

SS Promotionist

• 100 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:39 AM

Nothing beats the historical lessons of the faiths and patheons in artform!
I am: Human-Essentric (Halflings/Gnomes/Dwarves/Tieflings are favored)
Fetish: Backstab Ability (That includes Blackguards!)
Alignment: Mainly Any Evil and, to some extent, Chaotic Neutral
Nemesis:
Aasimar (Unless s/he's evil like Belueth the Calm)
Elf (I just don't like those pointy ears)
Paladin (You could guess why)
Weapon of Choice:
Short Sword/Thrown Daggers + Buckler

#608 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:50 AM

Nothing beats the historical lessons of the faiths and patheons in artform!

The artwork of comics should be used more often as a learning tool :)
"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#609 -InterestedGuy-

-InterestedGuy-

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:54 PM

I really have a lots of respect voor you Micheal, if I read your name well in the upper pages :P
That you can paint all this!
Maybe this is the only reply you get from me because maybe I will never find this site again, or just forgot the whole thing.. :P
Ow right btw, don't blame me for my wrong English words if they are in these sentences.
But I know you have that problem to ^_^

Keep up the good work!

Greetings from Holland. (You know that small country next to Germany? :P)

#610 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:47 AM

I really have a lots of respect voor you Micheal, if I read your name well in the upper pages :P
That you can paint all this!
Maybe this is the only reply you get from me because maybe I will never find this site again, or just forgot the whole thing.. :P
Ow right btw, don't blame me for my wrong English words if they are in these sentences.
But I know you have that problem to ^_^

Keep up the good work!

Greetings from Holland. (You know that small country next to Germany? :P)

I am so thankful for your kind comment, it makes me really happy! Yea I sure know about Holland and would like to go there sometime. They have beautiful old towns, landscapes, oh and a great soccer team as well ;) You got my name right and also that we share the similar flaws in the English language :) Have it well!
"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#611 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:20 AM

Here is yet another teaser of the Bhaalspawn prologue. Remember that the current teaser pages that I have updated doesn't come in chronological order. I come up with idead as the progress goes on. They will be in order on the upcoming website though ;) I wonder when the site is at due? Have patience my friends and many thanks goes to the person that actually struggle with the construction of the website. Until then the teasers will keep coming at you :) Artwork/Script: Michael Script/Script edit: prune 1

Attached Images

• bhaalspawn-jpeg-04.jpg

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#612 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:20 AM

Here are the version of the previous page with black shadows added. I know that many of the shadows doesn't makes sense when it comes to 'real' terms of light and shadows. I go for what I think looks cool mostly ;)

Attached Images

• bhaalspawn-jpeg-04.jpg

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#613 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:36 AM

And here is another teaser from the upcoming Bhaalspawn webcomic. Remember that the pages haven't been updated in a chronological order. Also many pages haven't gone through the visual improvement edits yet. The older updates are not grammatical corrected nor visually improved. All those issues will be corrected on the upcoming website. So I guarantee you a new experience there both visually and the script.

Artwork/Script: Michael Hansson Script/Script Edit: prune 1

Attached Images

• bhaalspawn-jpeg-05.jpg

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#614 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:30 AM

Visual edit progress sample:

http://4.bp.blogspot...omic_edit06.jpg

Edited by flysoup, 10 February 2010 - 11:39 AM.

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#615 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:54 AM

Another journey into the 'Chibi' Forgotten Realms displaying Viconia.

http://ballukas.devi...conia-154057349

Edited by flysoup, 14 February 2010 - 02:56 AM.

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#616 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:31 PM

Another link to a teaser from the upcoming Bhaalspawn comic:

http://4.bp.blogspot...awn-jpeg-10.jpg

Artwork/Script: Michael Script/Script Edit: prune1
"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#617 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:50 PM

he Bhaalspawn webcomic is up running! So if you are a fantasy geek or just a bit into pointed ears and bearded stocky females then head in to bhaalspawn.com. Artwork/Script: Michael Hansson Script/Script edit: prune 1 Baldur's Gate is a bioware copyright and Dungeons and Dragons is a Wizards of the Coast copyright. We will try to update at least once a week. The webpage will be developed further in the future. But for now you can at least read the comic. So my friends bhaalspawn.com is the place to head to from now on :)
Thank you all for the feedback and encouraging words. You have all helped to inspire me and to make me develop!

Good speed!
"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#618 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:00 AM

Another page has been updated at: http://bhaalspawn.com/ I will keep updating at sundays (starting next sunday). The future plan is to update both mondays and sundays. Feel free to stop by for some reading or just to leave a comment. Good speed!
"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#619 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:31 PM

Hi friends,

I know that sundays is the mentioned update day of the Bhaalspawn webcomic. But I couldn't stop myself from updating in advance. So what are you waiting for, quit reading my ramblings and head in to: http://bhaalspawn.com/ for the latest page or read from the beginning if you are a newcomer.

Good speed and safe adventuring/
Michael H Bhaalspawn
"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#620 Silinde Ar-Feiniel

Silinde Ar-Feiniel
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:16 PM

Wow! I just noticed your comic homepage! The project is really cool! :Bow: Can't wait for more! Btw, You've improved a lot! As I've said before I love intro stuff and tales of the past so I really like your new work! Yey! ...and gods look awesome as they die! :devil:

I wish all candlekeep library was in comic! :lol: Great work!

If you want to alter reality, you must first escape from it.

My Deviant Art account