Photo

All-in-one Pack?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Doctor Who

Doctor Who
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:09 AM

As this is the most active of "Qwinn's" three forums, I will ask this here. (Hope, it's Ok. :) )

Well, there are this three great packs that really add up to a more complete PS:T experience, so I wanted to ask if it's possible to get them combined into a single pack with a single setup. I really think, that by design they should be used together because they harmonize so incredibly well.

What's your opinion about this, Qwinn (and everybody else, of course :D )?

It would be even more awesome if there could be a so-called Superpack that includes Qwinn's three packs and the widescreen mod by the bigg. That would be the ultimate must-have pack for PS:T. :Bow:

#2 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:03 AM

Maybe someday, but not for a while yet. For one, there's a not-insignificant number of people who prefer to play with just a fixpack, and not add the other stuff. Long before I'd plan anything like combining the mods, I'd want to know that a lot of people finished the game with all 3 mods installed and they in fact do everything they were intended to do :)

(That's my subtle way of begging for feedback again ;)

Qwinn

#3 -Avantenor-

-Avantenor-

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:38 PM

I think it is a good compromise the way it is. There are indeed many gamers who don't want to use modifications and even tweaks. They are only looking for Fixes. But such an all-in-one monster modification makes them afraid to use it. Not everybody knows WeiDU, how it works, and so they are sometimes not aware that they can pick from all these options the things they like. (maybe you should leave a note about that in the ReadMes?)

Also I think it would be better to keep it seperate to be flexible if there should come more PsT Mods from different authors. As you can see for the Baldur's Gate BiG Project, there is a strict order how to install several mods not to break the installation. Mixing up all that different kinds of mods in one mod project seems to me quite risky.

Last but not least it's better for Qwinn and all users to have smaller packages, so updating is easier and it keeps the files smaller.

#4 Doctor Who

Doctor Who
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 12:51 AM

Maybe i wasn't as clear as I wished to be, because English is not my mother tongue. :)

I don't want you to drop the single installers although this bandwidth argument is a little old-fashioned. :D I meant an optional All-in-one pack for people who want to get the most out of PS:T without struggling with three different installers. Just some sort of additional convenience for some lazy type of guy like me. :D

#5 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:36 AM

Unfortunately that would cause a great deal of additional work for me. Every time I wanted to make a change of a fix, I'd have to do it in two different places, and you'd run the risk of introducing a bug into one and not the other, so that tracking down any bug would require twice the amount of testing, etc. You gotta meet me at least 2% of the way on the work thing here, man :)

So... yeah, it's very probably never going to happen, for those and the other reasons noted by Avantenor. Sorry man.

Qwinn

#6 Doctor Who

Doctor Who
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:41 AM

Ok, no problem. It was just a crazy idea that I had. :whistling: