Photo

Is this a silly reason to favor Guardians?:

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 04:54 PM

I personally favor the Guardian class. I like fighters often in cRPGs, and Guardians are the fighters of the Jedi.

The real reason I totally dig Guardians in this game is different though:

I figure that I can never be the Jedi any of the NPCs can be in this game. Jedi NPCs are close in level to the PC, and the PC at best is gimped 2 levels of Jedi in his first class (and I'd NEVER go less than 4 or 5 levels, and even then I still feel kinda cheesy). Since the NPC Jedi will always have more powers and force points than me, I figure why not do something that the others can't do as well: Be a warrior. It just seems like the most useful addition to a group with two other Jedi.
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:06 PM

:devil:
A question, have you really played the game? As in the PC gains the Force Adapt Feat that gives him/her more force points than any other Jedi if you take low amounts(<6?) of levels on the original class.

Although, I like my fighter better than a caster Jedi, the caster(Darkside) is always a good option.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 04:18 AM

It's certainly possible to make a very solid Consular or Sentinel, even if you only have 15 levels in the class. My "normal" version has 5 levels in the non-jedi class to 15 as a jedi, and with the Force Sensitive feat granting me an extra 40 Force Points I'm not behind even a consular in raw power. You do have fewer powers, but that's not enormously significant - the 16 you get as a 15th level Guardian or Sentinel may not cover everything you'd like, but it's more than enough for everything you really need. A consular has even more, and although your Consular companion will have more, your non-jedi class will give you things that he doesn't have. I actually find my Scoundrel/Consular more effective than the full Consular jedi in a lot of situations.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#4 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 08:01 AM

I would imagine that a PC consular would be very good because you can choose to go either light or dark side. Jolee is kinda nuetral, and that means he pays more than a light or dark sided jedi would for certain powers.

I guess if I limit myself to 4 or 5 levels in the initial class, the story might be different, but I've always gone with 7 or 8 levels in my original class.

I really like the level 4 cutoff point on Scout. Maybe I'll give that a go.
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#5 -zaalbar is awesome!!!-

-zaalbar is awesome!!!-

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:40 AM

force sensitive means that you can get 8 levels in a commoner class and still be a great jedi. iirc, you get it for free at level 10 jedi, but its been a loooong time since i played,

#6 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:19 AM

force sensitive means that you can get 8 levels in a commoner class and still be a great jedi. iirc, you get it for free at level 10 jedi, but its been a loooong time since i played,

No, you actually get it from the point you become a Jedi.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#7 -zaalbar is awesome!!!-

-zaalbar is awesome!!!-

Posted 19 June 2008 - 03:55 AM

ooooo, thanx. its been a while since i played.