Photo

oes anybody carry a non-Jedi around for the skills?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:10 AM

I am currently playing my Scoundrel7/Guardian and he's a ton of fun. Problem is that he has no ranks in repair or computer use, which seem to be two skills used quite often.

I find myself using Zaalbar more and more often with my team. Even though he's not a Jedi, I find he comes close to my character in damage output, and his skills are very useful.

I haven't decided if I like Bastila or Jolee more though. Both are very good Jedi companions with different strengths.

I haven't used T3-M4 instead of Zaalbar yet, but his skills are much better. I don't think I need skills that high though.

With upgrades, does the little R2 wannabe ever become a useful character in combat?
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:42 AM

Does anybody carry a non-Jedi around for the skills?

I don't, I just drag them when especially needed, if even then. As the places that they are needed are far between and the skills aren't really needed if you don't need the experience etc. small rewards. As you gain every, but two things without cash(PC version). And you can then buy when you have gone every planet except the last(at which point they actually become available), with the money you have gathered if you just haven't bought anything else.

With upgrades, does the little R2 wannabe ever become a useful character in combat?

Afraid not.

I usually use my Soldier/Guardian, Juhani and Bastila Shan as my fighters(the croup is all about the BAB'ses). Mission might be a good choice as she gains quite much skill points. You should also know that T3-M4 can make you the computer spikes(endless amount), which can be used, and you need at most a one point in computer skills to use them.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 02:33 PM

I'm actually starting to think that maybe my solution here is to have a smarter (INT 14) character, and just try to learn the skills myself.

Sure, CC'ing Computers and Repair will result in a kinda low score anyway, but it's cooler with my Scoundrel/Guardian to do it all himself.

The "Switch Characters" thing is cool, but it really makes no sense.

I'm thinking of doing this:

Scoundrel:
STR 14
DEX 14
CON 10
INT 14
WIS 14
CHA 12

I know my Persuade suffers, but since I'll be maxing it, it'll be higher than any non-Scoundrel anyway. As a Guardian, I know lowering CHA from 14 to 12 hurts FP as well, but I would have had the lowest in my party anyway. Since I plan on concentrating on only 2 NPCs anyway, this allows more force powers since I will have 2 Jedi NPCs instead of 1 and 1 skilled NPC.

I'm thinking about using Bastila and Jolee, although I'd consider using Juhani instead of Bastila.

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#4 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:39 AM

screw a smart jedi. low intelligence is the way to go!!! i like being as dumb as a gizka!!!

take zaalbar with you. zaalbar is awesome!!!

#5 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:21 AM

I'm actually starting to think that maybe my solution here is to have a smarter (INT 14) character, and just try to learn the skills myself.

Sure, CC'ing Computers and Repair will result in a kinda low score anyway, but it's cooler with my Scoundrel/Guardian to do it all himself.

The "Switch Characters" thing is cool, but it really makes no sense.

I'm thinking of doing this:

Scoundrel:
STR 14
DEX 14
CON 10
INT 14
WIS 14
CHA 12

I know my Persuade suffers, but since I'll be maxing it, it'll be higher than any non-Scoundrel anyway. As a Guardian, I know lowering CHA from 14 to 12 hurts FP as well, but I would have had the lowest in my party anyway. Since I plan on concentrating on only 2 NPCs anyway, this allows more force powers since I will have 2 Jedi NPCs instead of 1 and 1 skilled NPC.

I'm thinking about using Bastila and Jolee, although I'd consider using Juhani instead of Bastila.

I'd probably swap the Wisdom and Charisma scores, so you have WIS 12 CHA 14. That's how my Scoundrel/Sentinel is laid out, though I've also got STR 12 CON 12 - the lower VP of the Sentinel compared to the Guardian makes that a good idea. Though the Scoundrel/Sentinel is the highest skill character in the game, even without high INT. One suggestion I'd have for your Scoundrel/Guardian is to take Conditioning, at least one and probably two levels. Your saves aren't great, and you don't have a Sentinels immunities to fall back on.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#6 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:36 PM

My new thinking is to go with a 10 INT, put at least 1 level in the skills I plan on using, and just spend a lot of cash on spikes and parts (and ask T3-M4 and Mission for extras).

The 14 INT is restrictive, but I don't like going with a below average INT either.

? Stewie Griffin

#7 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:59 PM

My new thinking is to go with a 10 INT, put at least 1 level in the skills I plan on using, and just spend a lot of cash on spikes and parts (and ask T3-M4 and Mission for extras).

It's actually better to ask them before you buy any, as they have a maximum amount that they give you, about 5 or something. As Canderous, and Chewbacca/Zaalbar too.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.