• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:02 AM

Linjo. Affectionally called Lin by Imoen. NG elven kensai.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#22 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:10 AM

I. Play. The. Only. Halfling. D:

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

My adoptables > Your adoptables.

#23 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 07:32 AM

Name: Xavier Scritmeyer
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Wild Jester
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Causes chaos wherever his music and magic will allow. Never uses spells like Chaos Shield. Loves to summon creatures to distract/fight enemies. Chooses the smart-ass answer in all dialogues (as long as it won't break the quest/encounter).

Edited by Azazello, 20 July 2008 - 07:49 AM.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#24 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:27 PM

either sorcerer, wild mage or kensai dualed to sorcerer...

mostly true neutral (kensai), chaotic neutral (wild mage) or chaotic good (sorcerer)

i played a lawful evil monk once, but i kinda dont like to be really evil, except for nalias auntie in the keep, her i like to kill just because she is...well, you know how she is. generally, i dont like nobles, their demeanor usually makes me wanna strangle them. which i normally dont with the lawful evil monk but often with the chaotic neutral mage...
(i d actually like to rub in their face than being of divine blood is way more noble than being a bunch of inbred land owners)

#25 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 01:54 PM

Usually a human Berserker named Robert the Ballbearing who can't resist Aerie. TN, long sword, Shield of Balduran, can also use maces or flails... I leave Crom Faeyr to Aerie and she becomes quite a tank.

Sometimes a Swashbuckler/Mage named Force Kin who can't resist Viconia. TN, long sword (for The Equalizer), long bow, single-weapon style. I have Minsc and Keldorn to tank for me.

Most recently, an Undead Hunter named Fetid Air who can't resist Jaheira. Good alignment, obviously, and the first Undead Hunter I've played. He's brilliant at taking out my favourite enemies, vampires, and his undead turning is devastating. I had an over-powered party thanks to Shadow Keeper (not Level 1 NPCs, which is probably better) -- Minsc as a Berserker and Nalia as a sorcerer, plus the usual gang of Yoshimo/Imoen, a sad and neglected Aerie and romantically involved Jaheira.

None of my PCs have biographies, I couldn't be bothered.

And I have to finish playing the Tashia sorcerer mod. After ten years of BG/BG2 I have finally played with a sorcerer in the party. Grief! Robe of Vecna, those added spells from rings and amulets, Improved Haste, and Nalia can call up nine Mordy Swords or seven Planetars! Whole battalions of baddies falling to wave after wave of Horrible Wilting! Time Stop until Toril disintegrates! This class is worth a whole lot more exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#26 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:39 AM

Name: Narra
Race: Elf (Avariel)
Class: Monk (I love Shadowkeeper)

Alignment: Depending on whether or not the taint is active it ranges from Lawful Good to Chaotic Neutral.

The sprite is still human though, right? Is ther eany way to get an elf monk avatar? A dwarf (I played a dwarf monk when 3e first came out)?
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#27 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:42 AM

Yeah, you can change the paperdoll in Shadowkeeper, as well.

#28 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:28 AM

As Choo said, you can switch to any paperdoll you like a the appearance tab. I used the elf-thief one.
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#29 DeusEx

DeusEx

Disappearing Member

• 757 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:41 AM

Name is Nanek, he is a Half-elf fighter/mage, his alignment is Chaotic Good, not very law abiding citizen and has very little respect toward authorities (thinks most of them are corrupt and evil bastards anyway), he helps people in need whenever he can, has huge hatred toward slavers, those who prey upon the poor and weak so he kills that kind of scum on site. His preferred weapons are long swords in each hand but he can use some other one handed weapons if necessary. He has no skill whatsoever in using shields, spears, staffs, large heavy weapons and armors or ranged weapons. He likes to weaken and immobilize enemies from distance with his spells and then quickly rush in and finish them off or summon creatures to do that for him while he waits in safe distance.

Edit:

Fixed a typo :rolleyes:

Edited by DeusEx, 30 July 2008 - 07:38 AM.

#30 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:58 AM

As Choo said, you can switch to any paperdoll you like a the appearance tab. I used the elf-thief one.

But would you still kick and punch like a monk, or would you make barehanded attacks that just don't look right (just like an IWDII Monk)?
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#31 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:59 AM

Barehanded attacks, or you'd have to change the paperdoll animation.

#32 Tamrhind

Tamrhind
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:10 PM

Came across the kit almost purely by accident but now I adore the Skald Bard.

Though no mere meathead Fighter, he can mix it with the best of them. Not back-skulking intellectual arcanists; their magic can be up front as personal as their fists. And no lilting lily-livered lays from these guys but hew-heartening.

#33 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:20 PM

Currently I'm playing Vincent Metzen, Human Necromancer. (also have a sorcerer and a Half-Elven Sorcerer version of him, as I tried to figure out what worked best for him.)

Inspiration for him came from Diablo 2 Manual. Though that's what he will become, not what he yet is.

For every secret left unveiled, for every power learned,
I'd sell the remnants of my soul, regardless how it burned.
And still I sought a higher wisdom few could have attained.
'Though I found it, it would leave me - broken, damned and drained.

For now I find this power gained is more unto a curse.
My spirit burns with ever spell and each irrevent verse.
Despite this strength and knowledge earned, I have paid a heavy toll,
Never should've traded power for my own immortal soul.

I. Play. The. Only. Halfling. D:

Actually assembling together a Halfling(male) Cleric of Milil or Sheela Peryroyl as well(and maybe a female halfling bard). But unsure if (s)he's going in BG/2 or NWN2. And a dwarven(male or female) rogue(of Vergadain) or cleric(of Marthammor Duin).

EDIT: And Sammi mentioned a Halfling.

Edited by Kellen, 26 August 2008 - 08:27 PM.

"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#34 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:47 AM

Actual game-wise, my "canon" PC is Nathaniel (no relation to the mod npc or the recurring character in At Soul's Edge), a cleric of Shaundakul (and the only cleric in this thread, barring Kellen). He fell rather hard for Aerie.

Story-wise, of course, it is Alexandria, tiefling soulknife/cleric of At Soul's Edge.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#35 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:07 AM

Well, there's Alika. She's a a chaotic good (with chaotic neutral tendencies) sorceress. She's hedonistic, brash, selfish and has a short fuse, but she basically likes to do the right thing, however much she bitches and moans about it in the process. She sees her magic as a part of her, and she often takes it for granted - she is highly reliant on her innate aptitude, and, despite being very pretty, it is this fact that stops her from ending up with the one man she wants to be more than just a plaything - Valygar. She has a familiar, a cat called Vara, who is arrogant, sarcastic and very, very proud.

All of her friends died along the course of the game (in truth, I sent them to their deaths, but whatever), and when she reached the Throne of Bhaal, with only Imoen, Valygar and Sarevok beside her, she had every intention of rejecting Godhood. However, her allies died in the final battle (and weren?t resurrected, like they are in the game - I ignore that fact) and she decided that her life was nothing without the people she knew and loved. She became Alika, Mistress of Murder, where she lived the eternal life of the divine, alone and bitter.

There?s also Verahn, an elven fighter/thief, though he prefers the term ?adventurer?. He has a strict policy against petty thievery, though he?s not above a little bit of burglary if there?s enough motivation. He?s a grave young elf, who is constantly smiling, though he never laughs. He faces the trials of the Bhaalspawn saga with a sad smile fixed on his face and a weary acceptance that his life will always be filled with death and conflict. He is neutral good, though he does have a chaotic side, occasionally.

#36 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:00 AM

Actual game-wise, my "canon" PC is Nathaniel (no relation to the mod npc or the recurring character in At Soul's Edge), a cleric of Shaundakul (and the only cleric in this thread, barring Kellen). He fell rather hard for Aerie.

Well I can count on one hand the number of my pc's aren't Sorcerer or clerics in the BG series. 1 a mage, 2 druids. (I think I may have tried a monk and a bard for about 1/3 of the game(cumulatively).

(And shoulda mentioned, both halfling and dwarf have the possibility of actually going through NWN2 instead. Still considering.)
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#37 -redrobert-

-redrobert-

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:17 AM

I start a new BGT game now and my main Character is

Mat Cauthon the son of Battles. He currently is a Frost Dweller who will change his profession on level 9 to Mage. In his youth he worked on a farm and so knows everything about the Flail. Also he had some basic training in Weapon and Shield fighting. On his trip from Candlekeep to the friendly Arms Inn he picked up his old friend Imoen. And shortly before ariving in Beregost two impressive Creatures sprang out between the trees. Neh'taniel is a fire Wraith Paladin. He has no experience but great Equipment. The other has been Tashia a Sorcerer also with no experience.

Now entering Beregost he met a chamring Bard in Will Scarlet O'Hara. He took him in the group too as well as Kagain a dwarfen fighter. Yet both are not set-in-stone members of this bold group of adventurers. Mysteries of an undead cave jsut east of the Temple of Beregost call him and his fellow companions.

#38 Leila

Leila
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:35 PM

I have several, but I'll go with my two main ones, I surpose.

-Sylael
-Gray Elf
-Lawful Good in BG1, True Neutral after defeating Sarevok
-Cleric/Mage (worships Lebelas Enoreth, prefers alteration spells)

STR: 9
DEX: 19
CON: 7
INT: 17
WIS: 18
CHA: 10

Sylael is pretty patient and composed most of the time, although if something -really- irks her (think Branwen suddenly attacking Tranzig even after he surrendered) she goes into a bit of a fit. She hides most negative emotions until she cracks, and being a pessimist, she keeps a -lot- under her skin. She's pretty blunt, as common is her second language, but tries to be diplomatic...It rarely works. She is definitely more of a follower than a leader, mainly because of how frail she is, and is extremely clingy to the few people she actually trusts. She has a bit of a maternal streak as well, having watched Imoen grow up in Candlekeep and being a mentor of sorts for her.
Later, she's affected by the knowledge of her heritage, Sarevok's death being the first killing she truly wanted, and being in Irenicus' dungeon. Vaguely neurotic and paranoid, she jumps at shadows that don't even exist. She refuses to feel sympathy for anyone unless she was the cause of their plight, but is not so much selfishness as determination to rescue Imoen as soon as possible.

Then there's..

-Krishna
-Human
-Lawful Neutral
-Doomguide of Kelemvor

STR: 10
DEX: 10
CON: 11
INT: 14
CHA: 15

Krishna is a more consistent character (in the sense that she doesn't change). She's extremely devout in her worship of Kelemvor, and echoes his sentiments--she tries her hardest to be just, but does not sympathise with others often; in fact, she's downright judgemental. She does not judge people on being a 'bad' person, only an amoral one, and would rather have someone do evil (in the commonly accepted sense of the word) because they think it is just or right than someone who would do good due to sympathies or intuition. She is extremely self-concious, but puts on an air of pride. She is also quite stubborn and set in her ways, and will only apologise or make amends if it is proven that she was wrong in her actions.

I really have a thing for clerics...most of my characters are some variant of the class.

#39 Danilus

Danilus
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:21 AM

My Character (one of my faveorites at the moment) has made use of the Improved summons mod as well as the Refinements mods.

Zhiacklye
Male/Human
Chaotic Good

Ranger (Beast Master)/Cleric
STR: 17
DEX: 16
CON: 15
INT: 11
CHA: 10

#40 Naxylldritt

Naxylldritt
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:08 AM

My PC is Naxylldritt, who is (roughly) based on me as a person. I made up his name when I forgot how to spell Nizidramanii'yt. He's Chaotic Good, a Half-Elven Fighter/Mage/Thief, and very witty. He tends to be very calm and collective, and only panics in jest. He hauls along whoever he wants during his adventure, but Aerie usually ends up in the group (and is romanced... maybe... a little), except the time he went solo the whole way. I threw in a ton of custom content for him, so the only thing he uses that's part of the original game is his belt. He has grand mastery with katanas and daggers, and three stars in two-weapon style. He's got a couple of special innate psion abilities--my favorite being simple but effective, dealing 50 damage and knocking the target unconscious for a while. Lastly, with the experience cap removal, I've played long enough for him to almost be level 40 in all of his classes.

Edited by Naxylldritt, 27 October 2008 - 12:09 AM.

banner.png

RNHome is now a subsidary of Finlandcycles. Check it out!