Photo

Baldur's Gate Meme

• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#21 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:09 PM

Hee, Abigail, yours makes me lol, especially the panel about why Xan wants to leave.

Thanks ^^ And this scene really takes plase in BG1 NPC - Imoen gives Xan a makeover after arriving to Baldur's Gate. And he really leaves if you don't make her give him back his things :P

That just makes me wish even more that BG1 NPC worked on my computer.
Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#22 _Nix_

_Nix_

You lookin' at me?

• 74 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:46 AM

Oooh, me me I want to do it!

Is there a sensible way to print off and draw straight into the boxes? I have no tablet and I'm visiting my folks atm. My stepdad isn't overly receptive to me using his scanner excessively :/
Take above post with a glass of water. Do not take more than four doses in 24 hours. Store post in a cool, dry place. Always read the label.

Schrodinger's adorable polka dot bow tie almost makes up for his horrible, horrible time-dependent equation.

Minsc: What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it is there.

#23 Abigail

Abigail
  • 172 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 04:48 AM

Oooh, me me I want to do it!

Is there a sensible way to print off and draw straight into the boxes? I have no tablet and I'm visiting my folks atm. My stepdad isn't overly receptive to me using his scanner excessively :/

I think it's a little too long to fit on one sheet of paper, but you could always draw 4-5 pics on one A4 and add text on paint or some other program, so you would only have to scan twice.
my deviantart account ---> http://prozakc-blues.deviantart.com

#24 _Nix_

_Nix_

You lookin' at me?

• 74 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:04 AM

I got bored waiting and started drawing :D What he doesn't know won't hurt him ¬.¬
Take above post with a glass of water. Do not take more than four doses in 24 hours. Store post in a cool, dry place. Always read the label.

Schrodinger's adorable polka dot bow tie almost makes up for his horrible, horrible time-dependent equation.

Minsc: What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it is there.

#25 _Nix_

_Nix_

You lookin' at me?

• 74 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:47 AM

One wasted afternoon and some VERY lazy editing later...

Attached Images

• BGMeme.JPG

Edited by _Nix_, 08 August 2008 - 08:48 AM.

#26 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:59 AM

Nice. I love entry #6. ^_^

#27 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:02 AM

awesome ^_^ I really like panel # 5 and Angelo's answer in #4

oO My DA Gallery Oo
oO My Artcorner on SHS Oo
oO "Ask the Betrayer" parody comic Oo
oO My other parody comics on SHS Oo

Oh, and Epantiras, you're simply Epantirastic.

(and no, I'M not egocentric!)

I Hate Elminster! (proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#28 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

• 657 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:37 PM

X3. Here's mine. Took me three days, but it was so worth it.

bgmeme.jpg
Hope you like ^_^
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#29 Bardess

Bardess

the Eternal Noob

• Modder
  • 483 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:43 PM

Me likie them all! I remember having draw-books that requested you to draw yourself like that when I was very little. This was a great idea for BG, I want to contribute. But momma, do I need a scanner...

"Farewell, Charname, and may Irenicus get you!"

Mazzy to Edwin:
"When science finally locates the center of the planes, I'm sure you'll be taken aback to find that you're not it."

- Author of lil one-day Moddie fox. -

#30 Abigail

Abigail
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 03:04 AM

Nix - I love it, Angelo romance was one of my favorites :D

Sammi - definitely sth worth waiting for :) All the pretty colors, yay! XD And Xan was really mean to Alora in BG1, made me want to hit him on several occasions. Also - no Haer'dalis?
my deviantart account ---> http://prozakc-blues.deviantart.com

#31 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:03 AM

Sammi, I like the "version of yourself" fight. And, yes, it is worth of it.

#32 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:53 PM

Ye Gods, how did I miss this thread! It's fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. Maybe you should all go again, but with other charnames of your creation ...

What do you mean you're not my Drawing Monkeys?

Very good work, all of you. Funny stuff. No male charnames, then?

#33 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:17 AM

Here's mine! It took a surpising long time since it's me who did the template ;-P I think I'll color it someday but I'm too lazy now...

btw I trust everyone will recognize the angry girl in the last panel ;-)

Attached Images

• BG_meme_filled.jpg

oO My DA Gallery Oo
oO My Artcorner on SHS Oo
oO "Ask the Betrayer" parody comic Oo
oO My other parody comics on SHS Oo

Oh, and Epantiras, you're simply Epantirastic.

(and no, I'M not egocentric!)

I Hate Elminster! (proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#34 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:43 AM

Muahaha!
In the last panel? I don't know.
"Silvanus save me!" - priceless. :D

OH, YEAH! SHAR-TEEL!

Edited by Aliya, 12 August 2008 - 04:44 AM.

#35 _Nix_

_Nix_

You lookin' at me?

• 74 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:54 AM

LMAO I love Shar in the last one :D

Sammi... if I promise to be really, really good will you teach me to draw like you?

#36 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

• 657 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:13 PM

LMAO I love Shar in the last one :D

Sammi... if I promise to be really, really good will you teach me to draw like you?

Erm, what particularly do you want to know?
I've never been good at teaching stuff.

I mean, your styles pretty good as it is, to me it looks like you just need more practice. I mean I can't see any major flaws in your work. But if you have any questions on technique or a particular whatever youre having trouble with, I'll like try to answer

Edited by Sammi Somara, 13 August 2008 - 05:15 PM.

-Cernd

I hate Elminster!

#37 Lythari

Lythari

Fabricati diem, Pvnk

• 366 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:29 PM

Wow, all great memes. :D

Epantiras, that Shar-Teel on a last panel was priceless. And I like the "Enamrahc". :lol:

Sammi, you've done really good job, as always. I wonder what programm did you use for it? The coloring looks more, you know, 'professional' for simple MS Paint. And if you want to have Alora in BG2 you can download this mod.

Anyway, I've finally finished my meme. Drew with traditional techniques and pasted in good ol' Paint, so teh quality is "marvellous".

Baldur__s_Gate_MEME_by_Epantiras.jpg

Edited by Lythari, 14 August 2008 - 12:20 PM.

I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)

My deviantArt account / my dragon lair

#38 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:25 AM

Bwahahaha! I love it, Lythari! I watched episode 5 of Star Wars just a few days ago, and really, that joke NEVER gets old. XD

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#39 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:41 AM

Oh - My - Goodness!!!!!
How did I ever miss this thread? (never mind, I know why, I was on vacation when it started) It's so many kinds of different awesome!!!! :wub: I simply *love* the different entries, especially the ones that feature Xan. :wub:
Great job, everyone!! Cookies all around!!!! :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#40 _Nix_

_Nix_

You lookin' at me?

• 74 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 01:59 AM

Lythari, did you use oil pastels for that? The colouring is amazing. I love the tatt on the LE version of your character too ^_^

Sammi - Yeah, I'm just really lazy with it after a while. I guess if yours took three days and mine took four hours that probably explains the difference in quality :P How do you do your colouring? Cos the way you do your shading/colours seems to just work really well (Not that I stalk your DA account or anything >.>). Consistency is also something I have a *major* problem with which you seem to have down really well :)

...This is not coming over as the compliment I intended it as ¬.¬ Have a cookie for Samora :cookie: