Random Observations (Etc.)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:56 AM

With 'Bring Down the Sky' Installed, it's possible to reach level 54 in one run.
However, I think you need to be... at least level 48 to make it to grand 60 in 2 runs. o-o

Rerunning old characters can be fun, and also a good chance for trying out Hardcore and Insanity difficulty levels, which may be a bit frustrating if you start with a level 1 FNG with übar lousyness gear.
Also, playing with a high level char from the start will let you skip plenty of the boring stuff you'd otherwise only do for exp & equip. Fun. o-o
(I mean, driving box-patterns on planet surfaces with the MAKO, just to find anything and everything does get a bit tedious after a 4+ playthroughs. x])

The higher the difficulty level, the more biotics you'll want to have handy. Aside snipers, the enemies that only cover and shoot tend to drop with ordinary tactics, just with more bullets, however mass-HP melee charging krogans and giant geths tend to be a bit of a pain in the ass if you can't disable them.

Soldier classes tend to work real good for low difficulties, enemies drop fast enough. But with Insanity & Hardcore, you might need something to hold them still while you shoot them dead.

Captain Anderson is an old-fashioned, well-meaning idiot who sees everything as a weapon and obtaining of a WMD as the highest goal of any criminal. If he turned to the dark side, he would build a gigantic death-laser on a moon somewhere. x]

Wrex looks cute in Phoenix model armor. xP

All ze men and wimmenz and gender confused aliens want Shepard pretty no matter how rude Shepard's persona is as long as Shepard does not outright say "You is unglyfugly! I wants ntohing to does with yews!".

So what have you found? o-o

#2 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 06:00 PM

With 'Bring Down the Sky' Installed, it's possible to reach level 54 in one run.
However, I think you need to be... at least level 48 to make it to grand 60 in 2 runs. o-o

Not true. After having reached level 60 with one character, you get a 15% experience increase for all your other characters (10% from the level 50 achievement and 5% for the level 60 achievement). That, combined with never using the Mako to kill anything, makes it possible to reach higher levels than that in one play through. I don't have "Bring Down the Sky," but I quite easily managed to get to 54 without having reached 60 once--and I was using the Mako to kill enemies for the majority of the game. I'll let you know how far my current character goes.

The higher the difficulty level, the more biotics you'll want to have handy. Aside snipers, the enemies that only cover and shoot tend to drop with ordinary tactics, just with more bullets, however mass-HP melee charging krogans and giant geths tend to be a bit of a pain in the ass if you can't disable them.

Not to mention Rachni.

I've also found that the "Biotic Terrorists" which were easy on Veteran and pretty easy Hardcore are pretty tough on Insanity.

Captain Anderson is an old-fashioned, well-meaning idiot who sees everything as a weapon and obtaining of a WMD as the highest goal of any criminal. If he turned to the dark side, he would build a gigantic death-laser on a moon somewhere. x]

:huh:

All ze men and wimmenz and gender confused aliens want Shepard pretty no matter how rude Shepard's persona is as long as Shepard does not outright say "You is unglyfugly! I wants ntohing to does with yews!".

This is not the Circus. Please use proper language.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#3 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:40 AM

Not true. After having reached level 60 with one character, you get a 15% experience increase for all your other characters (10% from the level 50 achievement and 5% for the level 60 achievement). That, combined with never using the Mako to kill anything, makes it possible to reach higher levels than that in one play through. I don't have "Bring Down the Sky," but I quite easily managed to get to 54 without having reached 60 once--and I was using the Mako to kill enemies for the majority of the game. I'll let you know how far my current character goes.

Mmm, that's true, I wasn't counting the last 5% from extreme powergamer... Hm, there's also the 5% from 'Completionist'.
So with a 1st char, you wouldn't necessarily get as far as 54, but with all achievements... hummm... o-o

But that's something I never paid attention to; there's a drop in XP gains if you shoot stuff with the MAKO?

Not to mention Rachni.

I've also found that the "Biotic Terrorists" which were easy on Veteran and pretty easy Hardcore are pretty tough on Insanity.

Ah, yeah, just gotta love shield bypassing spitballs and swarmed biotic knockout.
I've recently been converted to the church of Sigularityism, it's a lot of fun on veteran level. I think I might have to try it on insanity too... Everything just fliiiies. *_*

:huh:

Anderson: What if it's a weapons archive?
Anderson: ...blueprints for some ancient weapon of mass destruction?

And, ahh, there's some more, can't rememeber phrasings though, er, he's constantly raving on about how the conduit is a weapon. :P

This is not the Circus. Please use proper language.

Erhm, it's a silly, but still topic related observation. I firmly believe silly language is sometimes called upon to underline the sillyness of a point. o-o

In proper language: All the romance plots are really straightforward and quite impossible to mess up without a conscious effort.

It's a lot more boring and duh; they did design the game to play in movie style, so while one can disagree with such an design goal, I don't think you can really say they missed their mark.

:cheers:

Edited by WeeRLegion, 31 August 2008 - 12:41 AM.

#4 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:48 AM

But that's something I never paid attention to; there's a drop in XP gains if you shoot stuff with the MAKO?

Depending on various things, killing an enemy with the Mako yields only one quarter to one half of the XP value compared to if you kill it on foot. Next time you run into an armature, kill it and note the XP. Then reload (or find another armature), and kill it on foot. Note the XP--if you're on the same level for both kills, the difference should be significant.

Anderson: What if it's a weapons archive?
Anderson: ...blueprints for some ancient weapon of mass destruction?

And, ahh, there's some more, can't rememeber phrasings though, er, he's constantly raving on about how the conduit is a weapon. :P

If you compare him to Ambassador Udina, on the other hand, Captain Anderson seems as innocent as a new-born baby.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#5 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 07:56 AM

More innocent, certainly, but almost as annoying. .p

Udina, he isn't so bad really; not as bad as he comes across anyway. The Normandy lockdown is obviously a council initiative, and that going through with it improves his standing with the trio needs to be weighted against the reasonings behind it all.

Still, it'd take something of an effort to vote for him in the end game after everything. :P