Bug with portraits????

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 -Alan M.C.-

-Alan M.C.-

Posted 15 July 2003 - 11:10 AM

I just stumbled upon a strange bug whilst testing my MOD with some new portraits.

I tried to load an old save game with some new portraits in the override folder and BGII crashes. Tried it a couple of times with different saved games!

I also tried to load an old saved game before that character joined (entering the area where the .cre is supposed to appear), it loads then trying to enter the area BGII crashes again.

Testing further, I decided to put the new portraits (still same ones) in the Portraits folder and everything started to load normally - the new portraits assigned correctly to the .cre file.
Then after loading any saved game (after creature joined or not) AND deleting the new portraits from this portraits folder and putting them in the override folder instead, the game loads normally again without crashing.

It seems so weird, does somebody know what went wrong in the first place?

Alan M.C.

#2 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 01:58 AM

I'm not entirely sure, but I encountered a similar thing when trying to get the BG1 NPCs their BG2 portraits in BG1. It didn't crash, but it didn't like them being in Override.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"