Photo

SoBH gamer opinions

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:10 AM

It follows a gamer opinion about SoBH. Not every gamer thinks the same, but with the first opinion, hopefully we get some more, so we can speak about SoBH and try to make it a little better/smoother. (It is much German text and I have run it through a translator and I hope the text is understandable)

The little Stade Restenfurth has a whole bucket fully problems: Undead, Orks, Gnolls, robbers, gigantic rats and sir BillyBob. Some of it would get rid of them completely with pleasure, and so Elminster help organises from the outside: We.

BillyBob is the programmer of this Mod, just as NTotSC. And as he there suffers Bonehill in good, old "wanted sometimes and was not able". The Mod is a conversion very first (and if not the very first, nevertheless one first) adventure modules of D&D, dunnemals immediately for sensation provided: The island Lendore was worked out so well that it offered enough elbowroom for own adventures and the NSCs were better worked out for the first time in the still young history than quite a lot of SC..., however felt well, this is Noober also if I shout to me in recollection what had I as a play leader everything already before me..., however, I digress.

It is a pity that one notices with SoBH (a stupid abbreviation, by the way, if one thinks what is connected in the Anglo-American space, otherwise, with it) of it not a lot. Since well are not worked out the NSCs really. This begins with the townsmen who have to say though like all the other Satisten not a lot, but with which a little bit WHAT they say wake not exactly the impression as if they are glad that, finally, sometimes somebody comes and clears up. On the contrary. Also the "nice" baron, Yaltar and how they all are called are not quite friendly a) and superfluous b). Actually, one needs only Pelltar and sir BillyBob to get the Quests and with it the XP. To the last I say immediately a few more words.

If we come first to the duties. These are more or less in three "acts" splittet. In the first part one kills a heap of monsters, in the second part it is about the procurement (Again) of some artefacts and in the third act around the clarification of a murder. Besides, part 1 and 2 are rather amusing, part 3 suffers for it on one corner and the other end., On the one hand: I have mentioned already several times that I see the history of Baldur's gate as the central issue. Now, however, the third part of the story starts exactly at one time in which one should not deviate from this history, actually, at all: One has just found out that one is a Bhaalschild and is Sarevok hard on the heels. Finale lies in the air and not "Och, then we solve once more just fast a murder case". On the other hand: To me lies this "goes and do not speak with 1000 people in the exactly right order"-Quests. This spoils for me the northern stronghold just as the third Quest of Bonehill (and Soubar which also shows a similar plot, is even worse there, however, in addition sometime sometimes more). Places to stay, all in all, two good ones and a not so good Quest what is in spite of all one nice yield And also both first acts to one one or other question mark place in the face: All world is astonished at the exact and tactical raids of Gnolls. Okay, this is still to be seen, because Gnolls are known not exactly for her intelligence. If one then, however, solved which genius is behind the raids is bent one to want to measure fever with BillyBob once. Or are ogres cleverer, nevertheless, than before accepted? (*)

The recycling of the old areas keeps to a certain extent, however, feels well and used exactly. At this point thick THANKS in BillyBob, because with mapdesign does not have he it in such a way. Restenfurth as well as the other self-created maps have got a little bit very sterilely - a lot of background, here and there sometimes a tree and a lost small house. Then there knows how to like NTotSC better.

What makes rather questionable Bonehill, however, are the Items which one finds on Lendore: Highly stage charms still and more, +2 things everywhere and precious stones, until the doctor comes. If one is again on the sword coast and has no very well equipped heroic group, one has made what wrong. Now I am the very last one which does not stand on great weapons, ever uberpowert, the better (so I instal like the XP-Balancer not at all only), but please everything woh thought-out and placed. If one already before the robber's camp with -4 RS and 20,000 + GS by the area tuckert, seems then to me, nevertheless, a little bit badly early.

Remains as the last point to which I would still appeal with pleasure, sir BillyBob, so the monument which to himself the programmer himself has put. In it nothing is only made despicable (I have not because I do not know yet where and how it comes to coolest ones), but to try so convulsively, to make his Cameo a big, mystic event, the thing moves immensely in the ridiculous, excuse. And, however, under it suffers of the Mod because it is simply difficult to take seriously something.

Remains, all in all, 2/3 good Mod which has earned his 6/10 points fairly. No achiever, but also interferes not splendidly with the play if one knows where the ballast is which one can safely ignore.

And if now somebody asks itself: Why he says then nothing about Fabio, the NSC? Then I say: Because to take my desire, him with in the troop, from the first second not zero, but below 5 was.

6/10

(*) Like I has just ascertained, it is in the newer version an Oger-Magus. Nevertheless, GOES.

A gamer comments:

By the appraisal of SoBH (!) I must agree to you. Although all that would not be so bad if the present version had not been before all in part 2 - so massively bugs that one could not finish the history at all (was at least with me thus). However, I dare to hope that there now remedial action was taken. What Fabio concerns: What do I have to do then with the bard? At the time my group is complete, and so badly are not the bioproduct - NPC's that I think them against change these types.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 26 September 2008 - 09:57 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World