Photo

Challenge #44: Kivan

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#21 Shae

Shae
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:05 AM

Decided to break my charcoal pencils out (all two of them). I usually draw Kivan with straight hair, but decided to try wavy for this one. Partly because I recall the BG2 mod for him mentioning not-straight hair.

162.jpg

And somehow he also ended up possessed by Haer'Dalis... I think it must be the hair change that I mentioned (combined with tattoos/paint, elf ears and an earring).

Lythari: I love your Kivan :D Somehow he isn't smiling yet still has that nice look about him.
Aliya: your Kivan looks great too.
Vilkacis: that is the exact expression that I imagine being permanently stuck to his face with all the 'leave me alone' responses he has. You should make a portrait out of it XD
Jenne: he does look kinda young, but aren't elves supposed to anyway?
Icendoan: for some reason your Kivan is making me think of Kenny :P
I scribble and I chirp, wait no. I mean tweet (infrequently). And sometimes I tumble about as well.

#22 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:09 AM

"A challenge about Kivan :wub: !!?? My favourite character??!! AAAAaaaa" <= me falling from the chair ;-)

I've always wanted to draw a 'serious' fan art of him but always put the idea in the 'to do later' section of my mind. Thank you for giving me a valid reason to put it to 'to do or DIE bhuahahah' section ^_^

Great pics everyone :D

And somehow he also ended up possessed by Haer'Dalis... I think it must be the hair change that I mentioned (combined with tattoos/paint, elf ears and an earring).

[rant]Is it enough to say that as I saw Haer'Dalis' portait for the first time I though 'damn he reminds me of Kiva!!' look at the cuts/tattoos/whatever pattern... [/rant]

Now go back to draw everyone :-D

oO My DA Gallery Oo
oO My Artcorner on SHS Oo
oO "Ask the Betrayer" parody comic Oo
oO My other parody comics on SHS Oo

Oh, and Epantiras, you're simply Epantirastic.

(and no, I'M not egocentric!)

I Hate Elminster! (proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#23 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:31 AM

Another 'serious' fanart. I found, a few funny things about Kivan. This was in my dream...:D

R0001.JPG

I've tried to color in neater, this time.

#24 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:36 AM

Aliya - I really like that method of colouring. It's perhaps a bit messy, but I think it works really well, and really helps to enhance your drawings. (Kivan's expression in that last one is priceless)

vilkacis, your one actually made me laugh out loud. Again, Kivan's expression is just hilarious.

Shae and Lythari, what can I say? Beautiful, as ever. Really, really good work. Lythari, I've always loved your style, and the colouring is simply fantastic on that first one. Shae, yes, there are similarities between Kivan and HD, but the expression on his face is enough to show which one you were drawing. The only thing that would confuse people is Kivan's lack of bow - it's a challenge to draw him well without his bow or hood on, so well done!

#25 Lythari

Lythari

Fabricati diem, Pvnk

• 366 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:23 PM

Wow, great entries, everyone :D

@Icen, yours looks nice. Only one question: what is he doing with this arrow or whatelseisthat? is he gouging his eye out, or cutting himself, or it is enemies blood? :blink: Or maybe it is just my ill imagination again? ;p

@Shae, this one looks absolutely wonderful, so natural and stuff. I love it. :wub:

@Aliya, ouch, poor Kiv... but pic is great. :D

Anyway, here's that my old pic from DA. Frankly, it is really old and I was just practicising my style back then, so don't expect too much. ;p Based on my favourite banter from Crossmod BanterPack between Kivan and Xan.

nature.JPG
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)

My deviantArt account / my dragon lair

#26 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 01:41 AM

:D Ahh... "Such is his nature...". Good old times...

#27 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:07 AM

@Lythari
Teehee... Neatos! :D

@Shae
O_O *Is jealous*

And here's my entry:

Posted Image

Kivan, in the deep dark woods, feeding on a bear he skillfully felled with a shot through the ears. :D

#28 Lythari

Lythari

Fabricati diem, Pvnk

• 366 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 03:21 AM

That's hilarious Weer, :lol: this is called the dark side of the elf. Red eyes are so evul and darrrk. :devil: Hmm, I wonder if Kivan is a wood elf or rather wild elf. 'cause your pic supposes rather that second option ;)

Kivan, in the deep dark woods, feeding on a bear he skillfully felled with a shot through the ears. :D

Oh, and I thought it is that moment in the mod when he ripped Tazok's heart out of ogre's chest. :P

Edited by Lythari, 26 October 2008 - 03:21 AM.

#29 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:15 AM

Oh, I wouldn't know, all elves, they look alike. Only some eat more bears. ^^

Oh, and I thought it is that moment in the mod when he ripped Tazok's heart out of ogre's chest. :P

But, but, would that even be serious? o-o

Edited by WeeRLegion, 26 October 2008 - 06:16 AM.

#30 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:23 AM

Anyway, here's that my old pic from DA. Frankly, it is really old and I was just practicising my style back then, so don't expect too much. ;p Based on my favourite banter from Crossmod BanterPack between Kivan and Xan.

THAT is a strange banter indeed ;-) I really need to play those mods, Neverwinter Nights can wait.

I wonder if Kivan is a wood elf or rather wild elf. 'cause your pic supposes rather that second option

About his race *browsing the Forgotten Realms Wiki* http://forgottenreal...lf#Game_History
"Under 1st and 2nd editions, wild elves and wood elves were considered to be one subrace with different names."

His reclusive nature and tattoos make him a wild elf, but wild elves "wear as little clothing as possible" that should mean only light armor or no armor at all. I'm not very familiar with elven subraces in 3.6 Ed or 4.0 so this is just an assumption.

oO My DA Gallery Oo
oO My Artcorner on SHS Oo
oO "Ask the Betrayer" parody comic Oo
oO My other parody comics on SHS Oo

Oh, and Epantiras, you're simply Epantirastic.

(and no, I'M not egocentric!)

I Hate Elminster! (proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#31 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 10:36 AM

Nice entry, WeeR! MS Paint? :P

#32 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 10:44 AM

Indeed. The massive inspiration was made to make up for the utter lack of srtistic value. ^^

#33 darlarosa

darlarosa

A rush and a push and the land we stand on is ours!

• 384 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:05 PM

Lythari I officially love you now XD
We could argue all day about whether or not I'm a reprehensible human being...Posted Image

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

Posted Image ------Posted Image ]------Posted Image------Posted Image----------Posted Image---------Posted Image----Posted Image------Posted Image-------Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image------Posted Image------Posted Image--------Posted Image-------------Posted Image-------------------- click my dragon if you luv meh!

#34 Vhaira

Vhaira
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:09 PM

Oooooh! Kivan!!
*goes off to scribble in a sketchbook somewhere*
I fight for my friends. O_O

#35 Lythari

Lythari

Fabricati diem, Pvnk

• 366 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:22 PM

I wonder if Kivan is a wood elf or rather wild elf. 'cause your pic supposes rather that second option

About his race *browsing the Forgotten Realms Wiki* http://forgottenreal...lf#Game_History
"Under 1st and 2nd editions, wild elves and wood elves were considered to be one subrace with different names."

His reclusive nature and tattoos make him a wild elf, but wild elves "wear as little clothing as possible" that should mean only light armor or no armor at all. I'm not very familiar with elven subraces in 3.6 Ed or 4.0 so this is just an assumption.

Hmm, that's interesting... But if BG is set under 2nd edition (tell me if I'm wrong, I'm not very familiar with pnp DnD) there's no problem with Kivan's subracial identity, 'cause it makes no difference. But still, after your post it seems to me that he is rather a wood elf, then. I recall that he mentioned something about his subrace in the mod, but I don't remember what.
Anyway, thank you for the link Epantiras. :) I know very little about FR elves, but my Bhaalspawn is a wild elf so it's nice to learn something more about that subrace.

Oh, and thank you, Darla ^_^

Edited by Lythari, 28 October 2008 - 02:23 PM.

#36 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:22 PM

Here is Kivan, poaching for more food in his quest to sustain himself during backwoods bandit hunting.

Posted Image

DON'T KILL ME! I'm dying of boredom here... :crying:

#37 Icendoan

Icendoan

"An Infinite Deal of Nothing"

• 1723 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:58 PM

LOL!

Icen
Proud member of the 'I HATE Elminster!' Club!

Mods in development: Keeping Yoshimo

#38 Lythari

Lythari

Fabricati diem, Pvnk

• 366 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:34 PM

XD Nice, WeeRLegion. Though why he don't hunt for bandits, instead poor animals? Meat is meat, after all, but if he will be going further that way, soon he will be hunted by PETA or other ecologists.

#39 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:26 AM

Ah, well, that... that is because when the badits killed Deheriana, they also stole Kivan's Albert Fish Cook Book; now he only carries recipes for animal meats. Poor fella. :[

Posted Image
Alber Fish Cook Book not made by Legion™

Edited by WeeRLegion, 29 October 2008 - 01:27 AM.

#40 Neferit

Neferit

In the name of Gaider, we fight!

• 414 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:11 AM

Heh, Wee, if you are bored and make such hilarious pictures - love the second one with ?squirrel? hunting, by the way - I want to be bored as well :lol: Too bad I'm unable to be bored right now, eh. But maybe I will post my entry for this challenge soon. well, maybe <_<
Heck no, b - I used the word the way I use things like "twitter", and "iPod" - my first inclination is to ask "what birdcall are you studying?" and I think of "I pod, You (singular) pod, He pods, She pods, They pod, You (plural) pod, We pod..."

Writings ►☼◄ Visual Shiny Pretties ►☼◄ Another Writings

►☼◄

You think you still have some brain in your head?

►☼◄►☼◄