Photo

An installation problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jenne

Jenne

Assault of The Mighty Feet is coming, beware!

• 85 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:06 AM

When I install CtB, everything seems to be working fine, I even get some messages saying that the installation was successful. Then, at the end of the installation I get a bunch of messages like that (I get them in Czech language, so this is my rough translation): "attrib isn't an inner or outer attribute, executable file or command", or something like that. The installation then ends and when I run a new game, there isn't any Candlekeep intro, just normal regular SoA. I've tried to install it on a clean installation, even on a freshly installed game from the CD, but no success.

What could possibly be wrong?

Edited by Jenne, 28 October 2008 - 01:19 AM.

Elminster this, Elminster that. Give me 2000 years and a pointy hat and I will kick his arse.

My personal blog - in Czech. You've been warned.
My DA account, although it isn't tended too much.

Posted Image

#2 Jenne

Jenne

• 85 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:23 AM

Okay, so now the same thing happens for Classic Adventures too. Seems something is terribly wrong with my computer. Also, I checked and the bunch of new folders created by CtB or CA were empty - my guess is that for some reason the area graphics and other files didn't copy into the respective folders.

Can somebody move this to General modding discussion or somewhere? This evidently isn't a CtB problem.

Also, did this occur for anybody else? Any ideas what could possibly be wrong?

Edited by Jenne, 28 October 2008 - 07:27 AM.

Elminster this, Elminster that. Give me 2000 years and a pointy hat and I will kick his arse.

Posted Image

#3 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:25 PM

Also, did this occur for anybody else?

No, I hear of it the first time. An English or a German installation of CtB works fine. The same with Classic Adventures.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#4 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:16 PM

Did you perform a full installation with ToB?
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#5 Jenne

Jenne

• 85 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:45 PM

An English or a German installation of CtB works fine. The same with Classic Adventures.

I had an English installation on a Czech language OS. Also, it occured to me with a few other mods for things like notepad. I guess that the mod installator tries to open an external program, but fails for some reason. What's even more confusing - the automatic opening of readme in notepad goes fine for some installators, but for some it is this "notepad isn't an inner or outer attribute, executable file or command" (Yasraena, for instance).

Did you perform a full installation with ToB?

I did.

Posted Image

#6 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:42 PM

Seems something is terribly wrong with my computer.

Yes, this could be, but I'm not the right person to can give advices about that. Sorry.
Perhaps someone else could help you.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World