Tashia Banters

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 11:11 AM

These will be regular banters Tashia says to other people in the game (not party NPC's) or to herself...

And thanks to Camdawg and JCompton for some suggestions (and hopefully we will be able to incorporate the Korgan comment JCompton)

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#2 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 11:13 AM

Maybe this could be said by Tashia if her statue is displayed in Trademeet after finishing those quests...one or the other, of course...wouldn't make sense for both.

As suggested by in the thread...maybe this could be said by Tashia if her statue is displayed in Trademeet after finishing those quests.

Argumentative:
Tashia:
"Harrumph...will you look at that? I swear, I know there is such a thing as artistic license, but this is ridiculous. I mean, do I have a perpetual squint like that? Sheesh...I mean, it's like years from now, when people talk about the 'Heroes of Trademeet' and they get to me...I can just picture it now...'There was an elf...a powerful sorceress...but always in a bad mood...I mean, look at the way she scowls...notice the hardening of her eyes...the stories say that she alone counted for about 1/3 of the druids...'"

Complimentary:
"Well, I must say, I'm quite impressed by how lifelike the statues look...at least me. The artist really captured my inner self, don't you think? It is kind of humbling when one considers that stories of us will be told of us for years to come. I do hope they are gentle...I wonder, will they call me the elf with hair of sun-drenched gold, or will they talk of magical prowess first...Hmm...what is this...wow...he even captured my beauty mark...well, never you mind where my beauty mark is..."

Edited by Bri, 22 September 2003 - 07:36 AM.

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#3 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 11:14 AM

A possible banter with Belmin Gergas, the elf hater on the Promenade.

Tashia:
"You know, just by listening to you spew forth your hate, it's no wonder your son was killed by elves, especially if he took after you. It never ceases to amaze me the depths people will sink to indulge their hate. Let me give you something to think on...sir...maybe...just maybe...the fact that your son died was because of you...oh...let's hypothesize...he was somewhere he shouldn't have been...or if he was captured...and he was ordered to surrender...but didn't...because he didn't believe he stood a chance of living anyway...well, why...that would make the fault yours..."

Tashia winces,
"Ugh...c'mon MainChar, let's go...just being with this fool is making my skin crawl...I'm going to really need a bath after this..."

Edited by Bri, 22 September 2003 - 07:37 AM.

#4 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 11:15 AM

I see this happening once Tashia rejoins the party, and if the PC gives her his love.

Tashia pulls on MainChar's arm, whispering into his ear, "Can you give me a few minutes? There is something further I must do..."

She walks a little ways away from the main character, kneeling on the ground, and she starts to dig in the ground, her eyes closed as she murmurs,

"I commend the soul of one long lost
Into thine embrace, She of the Luminous Cloud

He was lost in the winter
Dwelling in isolation

He would not see
That autumn is not
Cold enough to
Destroy desire...

Memories so old
He would waken
Darkness within
Driving him beneath the sky

He did not want to die
Bound in greed and madness
Conscience and sadness
Bound deep within

I beseech of you,
Daughter of the Nightsky
Lead him to the coming spring..."

As the last of the words come from her lips, Tashia reaches into her robe, pulling out a small silvery locket from her pocket, and she raises it to her lips, giving it a kiss, before putting it in the hole, covering it with the freshly dug soil. A single, silvery tear courses down her face, and dots the earth.

"May Sehanine Moonbow help your soul Arilistan..." she whispers.

With a sigh, Tashia rises, and she leans into the crook of MainChar's arm, her arm entwined in his, saying, "Okay, let's go..."

#5 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 11:16 AM

Tashia banter... (after the benediction for Arilistan, burying her affections as it were)

Tashia started to hum to herself, becoming more and more like her own self after the events that Arilistan forced upon her, and her subsequent resurrection. However, you definitely catches slight glimpses from the corner of your eye, as Tashia glances fondly at you, and then turns her head to return to the matter at hand.

As you travel, Tashia moves closer as well, occasionally slipping her hand into yours, and in one such instance, she pulls you aside from the group, momentarily, and she asks, "I never thought I would have fallen in love again... it's almost as if it was god sent..."

Tashia's eyes open wide, then and she whispers, "Maybe... goddess sent?"

Shaking her head, her long blonde hair momentarily covering her eyes, she bites her lip deep in thought, obviously thinking on a matter, and then she mutters, "It just could be... and even if not... I shouldn't take any chances..."

Tashia walks up to you, and smiles, saying, "Would you mind humoring me... for just a second?"

Tashia raises your right palm to face hers, then your left , her feet paralleling yours. She starts to kiss you, first along the length of your hand, starting with the tip of your fingers, slowly making her way to your palm. Her other hand traces along your other hand as she says,

"I voice my appreciation
O, Lady Goldheart
For granting your blessing unto me

I am saved,
Saved from false assumption
Saved from being lost..."

By this point, Tashia is kissing along your shoulder, taking a special moment to kiss the crook of your shoulder and neck, her other hand now entwined with your, lowered to your sides...

"I am unfettered,
Freed from isolation
Freed from bondage.

I am whole
Healed from loneliness
Healed of separation..."

By this moment, Tashia is pressing her lips firmly onto yours, her soft and pliant body pressed up next to yours. When she pulls away, you sees that her cheeks are blushing bright red...

A breeze swirls amidst the two of you, and a soft tinkling of bells rings within your hearing, meant for you alone, and Tashia whispers, "Thank you Hanali Celanil..."

Edited by Bri, 22 September 2003 - 08:07 AM.

#6 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 06:17 PM

Bri, you are a monster. I know you're working on this between other projects as well. Other opportunities for dialogues... Crazy Celvan (the limerick master) at the docks.

From the frozen north, an elven lass
Fleeing the horrors of her past
Old scars are hard to hide
Even when kept inside
She'll find her destiny at last.

I'm no bard, this is just a starting point for ya. Maybe a banter for Oriana (high class call girl) in the gubment district?

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#7 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 06:36 PM

*blushes* Thanks, however, most of these posts were done over the period of last month (a couple were done at the end of may)...I just decided to collate them into three different categories, as you see. Just that for the most part, I think I have a large amount of work done...so far, no major complaints (and I know that some people have been reading them...imagine my surprise when the number of views outnumbered the number of views for the download link!)

And that would be a fine limerick. I don't recall Crazy Celvan myself, so I will have to take a peek, but I certainly believe you he is there.

Heh...and now that you mention Oriana, I am reminded of her...and that is definitely a good idea for an interaction. And now that I think aobut it, there is a noble (also in the Government District) who propositions both Jaheira and Aerie...and I don't recall whether he does for Tashia or not...if not, then he should be given...a response...

Hmm...now I need to figure out the dialogue for the Item/Gift post...and I tentatively want to do a general character class only post for each class...(I have one for Thieves in the general dialogue thread)...but I may just do a general rogue one (for Thief/Bard), Priest (Cleric/Druid), Magic-User (Mage/Sorcerer), Warrior (Fighter/Ranger/Bard/Barbarian), and Monk...

*blushes further*
And I've been VERY tempted to do a dialogue where the main character dons the Belt of Girdle Change...twould be interesting, that is for sure...

#8 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 07:41 PM

Yes, most of us just cruise through and admire your handiwork. I just wanted to pass along that it was appreciated.

Crazy Celvan hangs out near the top of Mae'Var's guildhall. He very randomly breaks out a limerick for party members, then runs away. I never though he had dialogue other than laughing until recently.

I think Pehlus Tanislove is the noble in the gubment district of whom you're thinking. I never knew he propositioned the girls; that's pretty funny. And let me be the first to wholeheartedly encourage you to write the gender bender belt dialogue. :P

____

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#9 Dread

Dread
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 06:53 AM

Nice idea, though the gender belt isnt in the original game, the item ist only there cause its a BG1 item.
So you'd have to add it into a store or give it to a creature.

#10 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 06:54 AM

Yep, Tanislove is the man I was thinking about. He doesn't proposition everyone consistently, but he does proposition them. Aerie gets noticeably flustered with him :)

And yeah, thanks for pointing out where Celvan hangs out at...I know sometimes I miss some of the more fun random encounters (heh...like the whole bit with Jaheira's locket)...

*nods*
The minor banters (like with Oriana) will not take me long, I just will reboot my game to get a closer eye on the people...

And I hope to get the item dialogue done first, then I may tackle the gender belt one ;-)

And you are right that many people don't have the Belt of Gender change for that reason...and yet others have it through using the CLUA console...maybe for Tashia's item, though, a special "belt accessory" might be sold for a cheap price

*goes back to figuring a possible Underdark dialogue as well*

#11 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 05:20 PM

Oriana banter...

(Oriana is a high class prostitute in the government section)

Oriana: *cattishly*
"Hmm...another lass coming to the city to make her fortune...well, if you don't mind...the hours...you might do well here, although I must say that for the standards of your kind you are a bit plain...however, don't let it be said that I am without heart...I know a lesser noble or two that is becoming quite tiresome...and I don't mind giving you my castoffs..."

Tashia:
"Oh, please, you don't need to bother...we are just passing through...but I must thank you for your piety..."

*Tashia starts to walk away, when she says in a voice loud enough for Oriana to hear*

Tashia:
"Besides, I'm sure you've been on your knees more than a priest of Lathander..."

Edited by Bri, 22 September 2003 - 07:33 AM.

#12 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 05:45 PM

Nobleman (in the government district)

He is the nobleman that stands before the giant statue in the center of the government district (and is just titled nobleman...he does have some banter with Aerie and Jaheira and...making a special arrangement with them...)

Phelis:
"Welcome to Athkatla, fair maid. Looks like you are fresh from the country. I must say it is quite pleasing to see one with cheeks as rosy as yours, and your skin veritably glows with a healthy tan. Come, let me whisk you away for a night of enjoyment and passion..."

Tashia:
*runs her fingers on the man's shirt*
"Oh you are a sweet talker, aren't you...heh...did you know...my mother taught me the fastest way to a man's heart...do you know what it is?"

Phelis: *taking one of Tashia's hands in his*
"What is that?"

Tashia: *curls her hand into a fist, and hits Phelis in the stomach, driving him to the ground*
"Through his chest with a knife..."

Edited by Bri, 22 September 2003 - 07:35 AM.

#13 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 09:31 PM

Sorry Bri, I've led you astray. Pehlus Tanislove is a character in the gubment district, but he's not the guy who goes after Jaheira and Aerie. Pehlus is east of the fountain with his toady and generally insults everyone around him. The character you're thinking of is simply labeled a nobleman.

____

#14 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 07:32 AM

Camdawg, no big deal :). Heh...I hope the banter did appear with Jaheira or Aerie if you tried him (much like Crazy Celvan, it doesn't appear all the time)

Crazy Celvan (above Mae'Var's guildhall on the docks...and thanks to Camdawg)

Crazy Celvan: "Fleeing the frozen north comes an elven lass Seeking to overcome her weary past But old scars never completely fade Beware aroused emotions by those betrayed Her destiny approaches, to fail or surpass..."

Tashia: Tashia gives Celvan a spare coin, and then as she pulls away she starts to swear, but her face is flushed, almost as if she was frightened..."

"Just what is it about seers that drives them off the deep end? I mean, one of these days there will be someone who will come right out and just say what needs to be done, what is going to happen, rather than forcing a person to wade through this cryptic nonsense..."

Edited by Bri, 22 September 2003 - 07:30 AM.

#15 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 07:07 PM

This is for the Harlot in Saradush. Aerie, Viconia, and Jaheira all have words with her when she offers herself to the main character (and dump him if he goes with her...) Obviously, Tashia should be romancing the main character.

This first part is when the girl offers herself to MainChar:

Tashia: "I can't stop you from looking at other women, MainChar. I may not like it, but I can't stop it. But if what we have means anything to you, please don't.

MainChar: Option 1: Answer: "Enough Tashia. You know what? I find you stifling. I'll do whatever I damn well please, and if that's not good enough for you, then too bad."

Option 2: Chuckle, and answer: "Tashia, I'm just asking her if there is some way I can help, nothing more or less. Besides, it's not like I haven't noticed you ogling other men..."

If Option 1, then A. If Option 2, then B.

A: (Note, this is to take place after the conversation with the girl, and the sexual interaction as well)

Tashia furiously walks over, and she jabs a finger into MainChar's chest, shouting, "You lying bastard. I hope your cheap lay was worth it. Why...I...ought to..."

Tashia's eyes glow a furious yellow, and her right hand comes up with a savage snap, catching you on the face, and as it does so, your entire body feels on fire, as Tashia's magic pours her feelings of betrayal and anguish into your body. As the pain fades, Tashia turns on her heel, leaving you strangely weaker, bearing the consequence of your betrayal. (Subtract 1 point of the main character's Constitution) (Obviously, the romance is at an end, Tashia leaves)

B: Tashia smiles, and links her arms into yours, and says, "I'm proud of your...choice...otherwise I would have to think of an appropriate punishment. Something along the lines of taking a glass rod, inserting it into your member...and smashing it with a hammer..." (End dialogue)

Okay, why have the Constitution point removed from the main character in Option A? Well, he did betray Tashia, and she is a sorcerer, and their magic can be shaped by unconscious desires and emotions...and suffice it to say, I think she would be furious at this betrayal. However, this can also be discussed and changed as needed.

#16 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 07:30 PM

Technically, Tash is a sorcy :P

I like the penalty for the betrayal, but I think losing a point of Con will take a lot more than 5-10 hp; the HP penalty is probably redundant. She should probably also leave the party, I would think.

____

#17 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 07:38 PM

Definitely right on the sorceress bit...I did go ahead and changed that ;-)

Heh, you are probably right on the hit points, and definitely right on the leaving part.

The reason not to do this with Phaere? That part is already coded, and before she is an item, she does show bemusement...(Yes, I'm assuming Tashia will have a strong aversion to betrayal...)

#18 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 07:45 PM

I'm up at 5, but it's for the commute. I usually have new ideas for ya around 7am or 5pm west coast time... it's because I've just had a nice, relaxing hour on the beautiful Cali freeways to ponder. :D

____

#19 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 07:50 PM

Sorry for editing the bit on the time I'm up (5:30 AM)...thought I caught it...I'm sure its been mentioned too often :)

Ouch, yeah, we got freeways here where your lucky if you see 10 people in an hour...

#20 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 09:52 AM

About Carston, the wizard trapped in Lum the Mad's machine in Watcher's Keep.

Tashia:
"No wonder he is so cranky. He hasn't needed to eat and breathe for years. How much gold do any of you want to wager that isn't the only thing he hasn't done in years..."

Shaking her head ruefully, Tashia says:
"Imagine...a decade's worth of chronic constipation ..."