#1 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:44 PM

post_6684_1226053509.png

#46 Challenge: They come in Pairs
Deadline: Monday, 15th December
Post your piece in this topic!

This time your task, should you accept it, is to draw those NPCs in game that have a *special* relationship. Jaheira and Khalid, Minsc and Dynaheir, Montaron and Xzar, Eldoth and Skie, and so on... Remember, there must be two of them :)

You remember the drill I hope. You have two weeks time, and everything artistic goes as long as it's made by yourself.

Edited by Orthodoxia, 15 December 2008 - 12:21 AM.

Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#2 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:12 AM

I know someone will ask sooner or later, so I'll do it now...do Mincs and Boo count as "Coming in pairs"? :P

- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#3 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:16 AM

I count Minsc and Boo as one creature in two bodies, so no they don't count as pair :P I'd dearly hate to make things so easy on you ;)
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#4 Lythari

Lythari

Fabricati diem, Pvnk

• 366 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:57 AM

It might be interesting. :)
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)

My deviantArt account / my dragon lair

#5 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 08:42 AM

I count Minsc and Boo as one creature in two bodies, so no they don't count as pair :P I'd dearly hate to make things so easy on you ;)

So draw the Titanic Trio that is, Minsc and Boo and you Dynaheir.

a *special* relationship

Also this made me snicker.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#6 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:28 AM

As long, that in game there are only four pairs, and they listed above, I'll think of something... else... :)

#7 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:47 AM

Mod NPCs are welcome as well :D In fact I insist 8) But from a roleplaying point of view I think there are a few more in game ;)
Posted Image

#8 Bardess

Bardess

the Eternal Noob

• Modder
  • 483 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 11:07 AM

Ooooh! Oooh! Must say I adore the new challenge. I was so impatient to do this, I did some sketches at school!
Here's one, and there will be more. :P

*I wasn't looking at their original portraits, suppose this is how I imagine them.

Attached Images

• xzar_et_monty.jpg

Edited by Bardess, 01 December 2008 - 12:32 PM.

"Farewell, Charname, and may Irenicus get you!"

Mazzy to Edwin:
"When science finally locates the center of the planes, I'm sure you'll be taken aback to find that you're not it."

- Author of lil one-day Moddie fox. -

#9 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 04:34 PM

Does it have to be an official 'pair' or can it be an implied one?
Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#10 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 04:39 PM

Teehee! Bardess, there's something about those characters that makes me think 'Evil and Insane Drag-Queen & Aryan Neo-nazi midget'. .p

#11 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 05:52 PM

As long, that in game there are only four pairs, and they listed above, I'll think of something... else... :)

I believe Minsc and Aerie become an inseparable pair.

But even then, even such NPCs as Cernd and Mazzy have a very special relationship with each other. Korgan and Mazzy. Aerie and Haer'Dalis. All special characters.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

#12 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:09 AM

Bardess, your drawing shows perfectly why my PC took a long turn around those two :lol:

There's always Safana and Coran. I'll admit I'm curious to see if anyone will do the "Shar-Teel & Angelo" one :D
Posted Image

#13 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:26 AM

There's always Safana and Coran. I'll admit I'm curious to see if anyone will do the "Shar-Teel & Angelo" one :D

My bizarre mind went for the Aerie & Quayle pair (he did act as a father/uncle to her for a while). Too bad I only draw stick figures! :D

Nice, Bardess!!! I like your style! And the "And no touching" made me giggle. :P

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#14 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:50 AM

Hahaha! This is... SO cool, Bardess! Great Work! :D :thumb:

Edited by Aliya, 02 December 2008 - 07:51 AM.

#15 Silinde Ar-Feiniel

Silinde Ar-Feiniel
  • 488 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:21 AM

Great work Bardess! :o! I think your Xan looks like marilyn manson! :lol: :P

If you want to alter reality, you must first escape from it.

My Deviant Art account

#16 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:39 AM

Great work Bardess! :o! I think your Xan looks like marilyn manson! :lol: :P

Pst. Xzar. Shh.

Anyways, I agree. Very good job. I really like the No Touching, I'll be touched thing.

#17 Silinde Ar-Feiniel

Silinde Ar-Feiniel
  • 488 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:27 AM

Ooops, you're right Kellen. I meant Xzar... I guess i'm not concentrated sometimes! :P

If you want to alter reality, you must first escape from it.

My Deviant Art account

#18 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:02 AM

Posted Image

:D

#19 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:24 AM

:D Jaheira always defending Khalid, but by the law, men need to defend women... :)

#20 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:09 PM

Heh. I like it.