• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#61 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:59 AM

Many of the early game dialogs have been under revision, progress naturally has been slow however, considering the many other areas of focus on the project. We'll correct the consistency problem when and where we can, all we can ask for is patience in the meantime. :)

Suffice to say, choosing either option in the dialogue, will not have a negative impact on your game no matter what you did.

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#62 Torvald

Torvald
  • Validating
  • 188 posts

Donator

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:43 PM

Another minor bug to report.

When I went to the smithy in Saltmarsh and kicked Rurik out of my party, I ended with two Rurik's standing around in the room. It was quite humorous, as I was able to have Rurik rejoin my party, plus have his "stunt double" available for buying & selling of equipment, but still - it's a minor bug.

"My wife says I have the body of a God - Buddha!"

#63 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:34 AM

i plan on making a praise post too but wanted to do this too, hopefully it's helpful. Now this isn't all, i forgot to take notes on stuff through out the game, so only a partial list, the ones that really stuck out. I'm afraid some of it will be out of chronological order as some i remembered after the fact, others i wrote down as i played through. i changed party membership a good few times so it's tough to say exact party makeup at all points of the game. Some of these may be well known, some not, sorry if any are repetition of known bugs.

- if I rescue aesdale, have him in group, do the lizardmen thing, then go visit althon, althon doesn?t realize aesdale is there. I can take icar, do all the stuff in piney bluff, but althon never recognizes aesdale, aesdale never sees althon.

- i dumped vildamyr in westgate, expecting rihn to go also, allowing me to pick up chaarna and someone else from that area, but rihn didn't leave, and when i tried removing her, she forcetalked the pc immediately with only 1 option "yes, join us" forcing me to take her back. i finally managed it by creating vildamyr again, taking him back, then removing rihn and then she took him with her. but vild, upon being removed, just vanished without a word.

- Seems to be a lack of clarity on entering the slaver fortress as at the point I get there, I didn?t know who markessa was and didn?t know icar was working for her/inside. So if I?m there with althon in party but not icar I don?t know (in game) whose name I should give to pass in safely if I don?t want to fight my way way.

- Even if I give markessa?s name outside, when I get inside, everyone attacks me except the monk guy to the right, and the guys meeting near him. Seems like there ought to be some questioning at least, before they go hostile, or they?d have lots of dead visitors or dead slavers.

- misspelling, excaped slave instead of escaped slave (guy on the ground surrounded by goblins

- ogres in slaver fortress look to have clubs/morningstars but when killed have only bolts on the bodies.

- The known and annoying ?quaffs a potion? thing that appears through out the slaver mods, and I also had rurik start to do it this last game after I dropped him from the group.

- ogre executioner triggers his talk as soon as I enter that level, even though he?s a good few rooms away.

- althon?s confusing dialogue when fighting markessa if I refuse to spare her. He also made no mention this last game of taking her body with us.

- chaarna didn?t spawn in cell one game, did spawn the other 2 games. Chaarna?s joining dialogue is REALLY repetitive as I think I tell her to join me 3 times before she actually does.

- chaarna romance triggered really fast when I went to silver princess route, did not seem to trigger at all when I did goblin citadel even though I brought her flowers.

- small village of escaped slaves near fortress never recognize I gave them the money and they never move on to safety.

- elvish slaves with shar priestess never leave after I rescue them.

- the captain beril and crew recruitment work out of order, recruiting the crew first then beryl.

- Elora goes hostile upon escaping suderham prison and trading her for althon. She goes hostile along with all peasants and soldiers when the captain says the ?there they are, don?t let them get away? line.

- minister tudwill bribery thing only works sometimes, others it breaks and says no valid replies or links and doesn?t take the cash.

- the lack of a falastra revelation seems a bug. She says its too dangerous, vanishes, then she?s there fighting you, but there?s never any ?she was a spy? sort of dialogue upon that confrontation, nor my character asking wtf is she doing with them.

- markessa (evil) and falastra have a banter where markessa keeps calling falastra ?ketta? and says she has red hair.

- I got the shadow hunters encounter even when she wasn?t in the group. I never realized it was her they chased until it happened once with her still in the group. Also shadow didn?t react after we killed them and kept her safe.

- the cath/aleigha encounter is still really buggy. I never seem to get aleigha?s dialogue before dying where she can join. Only way I got her is by killing her then creating her again, forcing her to join, or doing cath?s missions. His missions still don?t work right, cant complete them all.

- glasses of identification on pirate ship are broken, no charges ever.

- aleigha has some kind of invisible amulet equipped because I cant put any amulets on her and it says item cant be removed.

- cant rest near the lizard minister despite his saying he?d watch over me as I did. When a spider awakes me from rest near the minister and I attack the spider, the lizard man minister also goes hostile for no reason.

- swamp snakes aren?t hostile

- wyverns tail upgrade by icar is broken, cant get it to upgrade.

- icar is broken near the blacksmiths shop in piney bluff. Wont stop asking me if I want stuff worked on. Some variable isn?t setting.

- when icar and rurik take gems/potions for upgrades they take the entire stack not just the amount needed. So if I have 4 rogue stones and the upgrade needs 2, I lose all 4 unless I move 2 into another characters pack.

- I had the renfeld poisoned/harpers encounter when going back to piney bluff from the gauntlet quests? ending.

- should there be some reward, other than XP, for rescuing the frost giant princess? Or is that left open for the later mods involving the giants?

- rilithar CAN equip a bow even though his kit shouldn?t allow that, like althon?s.

- pelja didn?t force talk my pc on the selgaunt bridge so I could have walked past her without initiating that.

- dialogue loop if I say no to althon rejoining in selgaunt. He keeps asking over and over until I say yes, or I manually reset the ?IWasKickedOut? variable to 1.

- ilhara cannot wear amulet of power even though paladins ought to be allowed, and elora CAN wear it even though monks shouldn?t be able to.

- spacing in selgaunt upon arrival is off, 1 of 6 member party appear on a dock way down on the southern edge of the map while the other 5 appear on dock next to ship.

- some clarity that parties items are in box on ship might be good as first time through I missed the box and so never picked it up.

- also seems to be some unique items that don?t always come through, others that shouldn?t be there. I get rihn?s sword and living flesh thing even when she?s not in the party, but I don?t get rivians sword. Some other things too but forget exact details.

- does rivian eventually get the chance at getting the pommel gem for her sword back from eanwulf?

- even after I get to selgaunt I was getting the suderham peasants yelling for the ?guards? message over and over.

- upon reviving markessa in suderham only 1 talking option results in her joining, the other 2 she just stands there with nothing to say and dialogue exits abruptly. Seems some further talk should happen when I ask for her help.

- perhaps not a bug, perhaps to be explained later, but I had the markessa clone In the group when I went to suderham and restored the evil markessa to life. I told her to meet us in selgaunt, she vanishes, I continue on with the clone. After capture by the slave lords in suderham, the markessa clone is suddenly named Ceri without any explaination. Ceri is the name/pic of the woman icar meets in piney bluff, but there?s never any mention of all that.

#64 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:01 AM

- aleigha has some kind of invisible amulet equipped because I cant put any amulets on her and it says item cant be removed.
...but I don?t get rivians sword.

That's probably the amulet that makes her unkillable, and it's on her because you summoned her via the CLUAConsole. The first talk before the joining talk removes it.
You probably have a ranger or druid in your group, so the 'neutral animals' never attack, unless attacked upon.
I am quite sure that one of the guards in the 'Temple' you go after you have just escaped from Tiny, has Rivians sword, so you probably just missed him.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#65 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:32 AM

...but I don?t get rivians sword.

That's probably the amulet that makes her unkillable, and it's on her because you summoned her via the CLUAConsole. The first talk before the joining talk removes it.
You probably have a ranger or druid in your group, so the 'neutral animals' never attack, unless attacked upon.
I am quite sure that one of the guards in the 'Temple' you go after you have just escaped from Tiny, has Rivians sword, so you probably just missed him.

The last time i got aleigha by joining cath, starting his missions, so the unkillable thing should be removed. But maybe it's not removed because i couldn't complete his quests due to bugs? And actually, i think when i consoled her in during a previous run through, i was able to put amulets on her i'm sure. It was only this last run through when i joined cath to do the quests for him, but couldn't seem to complete the umberlee temple quest.

never knew neutral animals reacted like that to rangers or druids. i think aleigha might've still been in the group at that point so that explains that.

i must've missed him then, thanks, i'll be sure to kill everyone next time. *grin*

Edited by agnar, 03 March 2009 - 11:34 AM.

#66 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:23 AM

I think I just found out why Althon and Icar seem totally oblivious to Aesdale (at least early in the game, i havent yet had aesdale all the way through to the slavers). In the dialogue where Althon is supposed to first meet the pc, and notice aesdale, then offer to help with the lizardmen, it's checking for TCAESDALE being in the party. But his cre file is named TCAESDAL without the E, so won't this always cause this dialogue check to fail?

In my games at least, when i accept the saltmarsh mission to find the lizardmen, then go visit althon, he doesnt notice aesdale and acts like i turned down the saltmarsh captain, offering only the piney bluff missions and Icar.

i also found at least one spot in Icar's dialogues where it also checks for TCAESDALE.

#67 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:15 PM

I think I just found out why Althon and Icar seem totally oblivious to Aesdale (at least early in the game, i havent yet had aesdale all the way through to the slavers). In the dialogue where Althon is supposed to first meet the pc, and notice aesdale, then offer to help with the lizardmen, it's checking for TCAESDALE being in the party. But his cre file is named TCAESDAL without the E, so won't this always cause this dialogue check to fail?

In my games at least, when i accept the saltmarsh mission to find the lizardmen, then go visit althon, he doesnt notice aesdale and acts like i turned down the saltmarsh captain, offering only the piney bluff missions and Icar.

i also found at least one spot in Icar's dialogues where it also checks for TCAESDALE.

Incorrect.

Dialogs and scripts check for a creatures's "death name" not their filename. This allows the game to have several CRE files for the same creature. Go browse the Imoen files to see. She must have a dozen of them if you are playing BGT. The script wasn't checking for Aesdale because of some other variables higher up in the dialog and brought over from the captain. Hopefully I have that fixed now but I see that Althon still brings out Icar even though I am trying to go do the lizardman quest. Something still isn't right and it won't be right in version 0.49 either. I'll keep working on it.

Althon's dialog has become very complicated over the past year. Right now he has to check if Paraway in in the group, Aesdale is in the group, both are in the group, and finally whether or not you are doing the Piney Bluff quest or the lizardman quest. Sigh. As I already said, it is broken. I'll work on it some more as I keep trying to get 0.49 uploaded. My ftp software is giving me timeout problems with SHS.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#68 Torvald

Torvald
  • Validating
  • 188 posts

Donator

Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:05 PM

Hello,

Found a minor dialogue bug.

In the abandoned temple basement chapel, after talking to the Priestess of Shar, Rilithar keeps saying over and over, at about two second intervals, "I don't have anything to say to you."

However, I was able to slowly move my party to the exit (in between Rilithar talking) and leave the chapel, which then cleared up the problem.

Am really enjoying this excellent adventure. Was stuck for awhile in Mistmoor, but am now about to enter the Slaver's Stronghold.

Thanks.

Edited by Torvald, 07 March 2009 - 07:06 PM.

"My wife says I have the body of a God - Buddha!"

#69 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:59 PM

Incorrect.

Dialogs and scripts check for a creatures's "death name" not their filename. This allows the game to have several CRE files for the same creature. Go browse the Imoen files to see. She must have a dozen of them if you are playing BGT. The script wasn't checking for Aesdale because of some other variables higher up in the dialog and brought over from the captain. Hopefully I have that fixed now but I see that Althon still brings out Icar even though I am trying to go do the lizardman quest. Something still isn't right and it won't be right in version 0.49 either. I'll keep working on it.

Althon's dialog has become very complicated over the past year. Right now he has to check if Paraway in in the group, Aesdale is in the group, both are in the group, and finally whether or not you are doing the Piney Bluff quest or the lizardman quest. Sigh. As I already said, it is broken. I'll work on it some more as I keep trying to get 0.49 uploaded. My ftp software is giving me timeout problems with SHS.

Ah, ok, that's what i get for trying to wade through the files without knowing shit about how they really work, yet. :) i should've known it couldn't be so simple, or you all would have fixed it already.

On the upload thing, would something like http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/ work for you? i had to use it to download the .49 successfully, and it has an upload feature, though i haven't used it. i'm not sure if any compatibility issues come up with SHS, but thought i'd mention it as a possibility. It cut my download time for .49 waaaay down and got it all cleanly, no errors.

#70 --Shae--

--Shae--

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:09 AM

I have a major problem with CA 0.48 - I don't know the reason to this error but I hope someone can help me out. I can't enter The Major's house in Saltmarsh. Immediately when I try to enter there appears a screen asking me to insert Baldur's Gate Expansion Disc - which I already have in my DVD drive. I have had no problem like this with any other area in the game and the storyline has worked perfectly so far. I have tried re-installing Baldur's Gate 2 + Throne of Bhaal and CA but this doesn't solve the problem. I have played Baldur's Gate 2 with some other mods earlier but I have uninstalled them before installing CA.

If you think that this problem could be solved by just getting a new area file for this area could someone please post it to me? Or if you have any other clues how to fix this please post a reply here.

And thanks to the creators for bringing us this wonderful game. =)

#71 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:45 AM

I have tried re-installing Baldur's Gate 2 + Throne of Bhaal and CA but this doesn't solve the problem.

Well, you might have a mod, or an old file hidden in the install... so did you remembered to clean the game folder before you reinstalled?

So my advice is to copy the whole game directory to different place, as that's makes is a backup(it takes about 3 to 4 GBs), then uninstall the BG2 game from the Windows InstallShield, then delete the game folder, and then install the game back and making sure it's a full install of both BG2:SoA and ToB, and then patch the game, and start it to play until the game autosaves itself after character creation.
Then reinstall the CA v0.47 and CA v0.48 and any other mods you had in the same exact order according to the WeiDU.log(open it with Notepad), then you can copy the "save" -directory from the backup to the now new one, and continue the game from the last save.

If you then look at the items and see their descriptions to be totally off, you know that it's better to start a new game as the reinstallation made the dialog.tlk in your old savegame to reffer to wrong strings, so the text is all scampled, but the game is still playable.

And if this cleans the problem, you can then delete the backup you made, and if it doesn't, delete the new game, and move the old one back to that directory.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#72 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:17 AM

The mayor's house uses the interior map of a home in ToB. Therefore if the mod can't find the map, you need to insert the CD. However, this never actually works for some reason. So the real problem is that ToB wasn't installed fully.

Classic Adventures

#73 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:19 AM

Hello,

Found a minor dialogue bug.

In the abandoned temple basement chapel, after talking to the Priestess of Shar, Rilithar keeps saying over and over, at about two second intervals, "I don't have anything to say to you."

However, I was able to slowly move my party to the exit (in between Rilithar talking) and leave the chapel, which then cleared up the problem.

Am really enjoying this excellent adventure. Was stuck for awhile in Mistmoor, but am now about to enter the Slaver's Stronghold.

Thanks.

Ril definitely still has a dialog problem somewhere. I'll try to run through some of the game with him to see if I can see it. Right now, there are so many dialogs in his file for the romance that it is hard to find the other dialogs inside the file. One of them is buggered but I have yet to find it.

Classic Adventures

#74 --Shae--

--Shae--

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:34 PM

Thank you for everyone for your replies, they really helped. I installed the game to another directory and that solved the problem - I'm not quite sure what the problem was but thank goodness everything works now perfectly. I'm eagerly waiting for new updates to this wonderful mod - and I'm quite sure there are many others who feel the same way! :)

#75 Shaewaros

Shaewaros
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:54 AM

I have encountered a bug in the MistMoor manor quest. I had Rivian in my group in this quest, and would really like to keep him after the quest as well. He said to meet me in his home after I get some rest, but as I go to his place his only dialogue to me is "Did i do something wrong?", and I say that no and he rejoins the group. After he has rejoined my party, there is something wrong in his walking, he stops every 2 seconds even if I order him to walk a certain/long distance. He does it the whole time, and it is really hard to move him around. So if there is no solution to this, or some idea what I could try to do differently I of course can't keep him in group. I assume the walking problem comes from the fact that he did not talk to me about something he should have.

Anyone have any idea how I could change this so I could keep him in my party?

#76 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:41 PM

Yes, use the newer 0.49 version. I have made several changes to Ril to get him to stop doing exactly what you describe.

Classic Adventures

#77 Shaewaros

Shaewaros
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:45 PM

Thanks, I will try that. =)