Known Issues v3.01

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:42 PM

Okay, most of the confirmed issues in the Known Issues 3.00 thread were fixed in 3.01. So... new thread for known issues to be fixed in version 4.0... someday:

1) You will no longer get negative alignment hits for murders you do not commit in Curst in Carceri.
2) Reset Morte's dialogue file when he rejoins the group, to prevent getting stuck in his banter file.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 01 January 2009 - 03:58 AM.

#2 badger

badger
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:11 PM

Hi Qwinn,
Remember the "can't talk to annah" problem before? I just had it happen with Morte. (apologies if this is the wrong forum/thread, as I'm not sure if it's caused entirely by the banter accelerator)

I've attached the save file: the party is outside Lothar's place and I just got Morte back. Any attempt to talk to Morte just results in bantering between him and Annah. Nothing I tried seems to bypass this. Hopefully you can figure out why this keeps happening to me.... :blink:

4cd SETUP (see WeiDU.log):
official 1.1 patch
Bigg's widenscreen [1280*800]
GhostDog's pst UI
PST-fix
AI scripts tseries
PST-tweak
PST-UB

P.S. also there is a minor TNO hp exploit: on levelup, if he gains any characteristic point, he also gains hit points for all the increment levels, including ones that he is already at a higher level in a different class. (example: lvl4 fighter, lvl1 mage. If he levels to lvl5 in mage class in one go, he would gain 40 hp's instead of the ten expected.)

Attached Files

#3 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:34 PM

Oh, ugh. Ugh ugh ugh. Yeah, I can see that banter bug happening in that specific instance, if it changed Morte to his banter file right before he was forcibly removed from the group, before the banter could kick off. Sorry about that.

Anyways, attached is a script file... extract it into your override directory, then rescue Morte again. This resets his dialogue to his proper file at the moment when he rejoins your party, upon reentering the Lower Ward area after Lothar frees him.

I'm putting this fix into the Fixpack, seeing as I can see it happen with the original banter system as well, and it can't hurt anything to make sure.

Let me know if this fixes you up, badger!

Qwinn

EDIT: I got rid of the file. It's no longer necessary. If you're hit by this bug, just update to version 3.51 of the Tweak Pack's Banter Accelerator. You'll get one more banter the next time you talk to Morte, then his dialogue will reset to normal. This fix is global - all NPC's that initiate a banter will now unconditionally have their dialogue file reset when the banter is done, which should eliminate any possibility of having an NPC become permanently stuck responding only with banters.

Edited by Qwinn, 31 December 2008 - 11:46 PM.

#4 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:51 PM

If you don't have a save game near the point where the above fix would be convenient, you might be better off waiting a little bit. I'm going to try and put together a patch to the banter accelerator that will make sure that, if the stuck-on-banter-file bug -does- somehow happen for whatever freaky reason like this one, you will still get a banter file reset to the normal dialogue file after getting any one banter, no matter what.

Will be looking for testers for that, once I put it together, before adding it to a release.

Qwinn

#5 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:31 PM

Ok, I discovered a few banter issues while working on this problem. Enough to warrant a mini-update for all 3 mods, I think.

1) Fixpack: Makes sure when Morte is forcibly removed from the group and rejoins, that his dialogue file is set properly.
2) UB Restored Sounds and Banters Component: You could get a dialogue zombie to appear during one of the new banters between Annah and Morte. Harmless otherwise.
3) Banter Accelerator Tweak: Discovered a bug with state weight settings that made a (very small) number of banters get potentially skipped.
4) Banter Accelerator Tweak: Added code to make -absolutely extra sure- that you cannot get permanently stuck with an NPC who only responds with banters. If talking to an NPC results in a banter for any reason, talk to him/her again, and their dialogue should be returned to normal.

If you haven't encountered any problems while playing through with version 3, I really wouldn't worry about updating.

I'll be uploading the new versions shortly, after I finish testing.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 31 December 2008 - 11:48 PM.

#6 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:58 PM

Oh, as for this:

P.S. also there is a minor TNO hp exploit: on levelup, if he gains any characteristic point, he also gains hit points for all the increment levels, including ones that he is already at a higher level in a different class. (example: lvl4 fighter, lvl1 mage. If he levels to lvl5 in mage class in one go, he would gain 40 hp's instead of the ten expected.)

Yeah. Scient and I discovered this just before the release of version 3. The engine routine that updates hit points for new levels isn't capable of differentiating between "new" levels and "old" levels on a multiple levelup - if one of your multiple levels in a single push of the LevelUp button is new, then all the levels are treated as new as far as hit points. This bug always occurs in the unmodded game as well. We decided not to delay release for it, as it really shouldn't come about very frequently during normal play. I expect it'll be fixed around the same time that Level 11+ Constitution bonuses are fixed.

Qwinn

#7 badger

badger
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 03:33 PM

Yay I can talk to Morte again! Thanks Qwinn for the quick response and update! :Bow:

Right, time to crack on with my playthrough; I hear killap is releasing the new version of his fallout 2 restoration patch tonight and I want to finish that game as well before the holidays ends ...

Happy new year everyone.