• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:30 AM

Please report any problems with NTotSC and the corresponding v171 dialog revamp in this thread. Thank you.

It takes a village...

#2 DeusEx

DeusEx

Disappearing Member

• 757 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:41 AM

Hello.

Umm, the monk that fights the kobolds next to the entrance to the northern citadel keeps saying kobalds instead kobolds and I'm not sure (could be just my imagination) but I think there was an extra space between the words here and there. Also there is a black square/tile in the northeastern part of the map next to the tomb and I can't go to the fields of the dead from BG because I get a CTD.

---------------------Start Logging Session---------------------

ASSERTION FAILED!
File: InfScreenWorldMap.cpp
Line: 3069

Exp: FALSE

Msg: Bad Area file, in area "AR10PB" need entry point "Exit7500".
Run Debugger?

I'll report if I find anything else. weidu

#3 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:00 PM

Hello.

Umm, the monk that fights the kobolds next to the entrance to the northern citadel keeps saying kobalds instead kobolds. <--- Fixed Locally

Also there is a black square/tile in the northeastern part of the map next to the tomb and I can't go to the fields of the dead from BG because I get a CTD. <---- CTD Fixed locally for Original Travel Times. It has always worked using the Revised Travel Times component.

I'll report if I find anything else. weidu

Edited by erebusant, 03 February 2009 - 05:01 PM.

It takes a village...

#4 DeusEx

DeusEx

Disappearing Member

• 757 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:35 AM

By fixed locally do you mean it is fixed for next versions or ... ? (bit confused there). Umm do you want me to bother you with this extra space between words because Lendre (Northern Citadel) has one. :unsure:

#5 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:27 PM

By fixed locally do you mean it is fixed for next versions or ... ? (bit confused there). Umm do you want me to bother you with this extra space between words because Lendre (Northern Citadel) has one. :unsure:

Fixed for the next release. I'm not too concerned by extra spaces between words. It would be more of a cosmetic fix that is a whole lot lower on the list of things to go through.

It takes a village...

#6 Leo_TR

Leo_TR
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:05 PM

Book of Ignorance Quest:

Well, is it a bug or not but i must mention this. After getting the quest and finding Book of Ignorance a player would normally go talk to the person who gave you the quest (Brother Hasdar in this case)

When i do that i get 2 dialog options one about "let's get the promised reward" and the other about "let's kill and loot you for reward while keeping the book"

Either one end up Hasdar taking the book from you and walking free. If i can chase/find him anywhere else after this point it might be acceptable. But Heaball is still asking for the Book (thinking of Hasdar works for Heaball he should have it already).

As a player who wants to keep the Book i only have the option to "direct attack/kill without even talking to a person who gave the quest"

I have 2 suggestions here:

- Let people who chose the second dialoge option have their fight with Hasdar. (I assume this is not happening is a bug)
- Modify the quest a bit for the people who chose first option. Either one might work after letting Hasdar walk free with the book:
Heaball doesnt ask for the Book anymore (still drop it on kill or locked away so you can understand Hasdar is his man) or a better one;
Heaball asks you for the book, you tell you found it already and gave to someone named Hasdar. Heaball gives a clue where to find "double betrayer" Hasdar and the book of course. Or a hard one;
Hasdar appears in Heaball's tower (Too small though)

Cheers

P.S.: Give experience for God's sake for people who is watching Hasdar walking away with the Book but have nothing extra in their purse.

Edited by Leo_TR, 06 February 2009 - 01:18 PM.

#7 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:16 PM

Book of Ignorance Quest:

Well, is it a bug or not but i must mention this. After getting the quest and finding Book of Ignorance a player would normally go talk to the person who gave you the quest (Brother Hasdar in this case)

When i do that i get 2 dialog options one about "let's get the promised reward" and the other about "let's kill and loot you for reward while keeping the book"

Either one end up Hasdar taking the book from you and walking free. If i can chase/find him anywhere else after this point it might be acceptable. But Heaball is still asking for the Book (thinking of Hasdar works for Heaball he should have it already).

As a player who wants to keep the Book i only have the option to "direct attack/kill without even talking to a person who gave the quest"

I have 2 suggestions here:

- Let people who chose the second dialoge option have their fight with Hasdar. (I assume this is not happening is a bug)
- Modify the quest a bit for the people who chose first option. Either one might work after letting Hasdar walk free with the book:
Heaball doesnt ask for the Book anymore (still drop it on kill or locked away so you can understand Hasdar is his man) or a better one;
Heaball asks you for the book, you tell you found it already and gave to someone named Hasdar. Heaball gives a clue where to find "double betrayer" Hasdar and the book of course. Or a hard one;
Hasdar appears in Heaball's tower (Too small though)

Cheers

P.S.: Give experience for God's sake for people who is watching Hasdar walking away with the Book but have nothing extra in their purse.

This was how the original mod was designed. I'll look at it closer my next play through.

It takes a village...

#8 DeusEx

DeusEx

Disappearing Member

• 757 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:39 AM

Hi :)

I have some left over journal entry's:

Fire Salmanders -Nadalin's quest

Stranded on an island -Balduran's expedtion (island with the werewolf's)

Destroy the cult of the black hand

All the quests were done but they were still in the quest part of the journal. my weidu.

#9 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:51 PM

Hi :)

I have some left over journal entry's:

Fire Salmanders -Nadalin's quest

Stranded on an island -Balduran's expedtion (island with the werewolf's)

Destroy the cult of the black hand

All the quests were done but they were still in the quest part of the journal. my weidu.

I'll check out the source files for the ones that are NT entries to take care of moving them for the next release. Thanks for the report.

It takes a village...

#10 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:19 PM

NTDEATH1.CRE, Deathknight:

This is basically a clone of the Death Knight in Durlag's Tower. With the difference being that NTDEATH1 has no scripts assigned. A modified Deathkni.bcs for the fireball and wtasight for fighting in general could be assigned to override and class respectively in order to transform this creature finally into the monster it was meant to be.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#11 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:27 AM

NTDEATH1.CRE, Deathknight:

This is basically a clone of the Death Knight in Durlag's Tower. With the difference being that NTDEATH1 has no scripts assigned. A modified Deathkni.bcs for the fireball and wtasight for fighting in general could be assigned to override and class respectively in order to transform this creature finally into the monster it was meant to be.

10th

I'll give that a shot when I get to the General.

It takes a village...

#12 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:20 AM

Haeball's store references scrx17, but this item doesn't exist. The result is the option to buy an item with no description for zero goldpieces.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#13 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 06:59 AM

Haeball's store references scrx17, but this item doesn't exist. The result is the option to buy an item with no description for zero goldpieces.

10th

That's Monster Summoning IV, that's introduced by the compatibility folders from ROT-TDD or TDD-ROT. If both of those mods are installed in your game, this shouldn't be a problem, but I'll add SCRX17.itm to the NT install package so it doesn't show up again.

It takes a village...

#14 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 07:21 AM

Candle quest. The monk leaves giving you 2K gp, but not taking the candle from you. Not bad though... :)

#15 Corvus

Corvus
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:07 AM

Please report any problems with NTotSC and the corresponding v171 dialog revamp in this thread. Thank you.

I became an error as i tried to access to the "Field of death"-Map from the upper right corner of the map with zombiequest (AR7500)

ASSERTION FAILED!
------------------------------------------------------------------

I made a workaround for this problem - just accessed it from another map- "Forest of Death", but did you forgot to make an south-entry-point to AR10PB?

Edited by Corvus, 18 May 2009 - 11:09 AM.

#16 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:58 PM

I became an error as i tried to access to the "Field of death"-Map from the upper right corner of the map with zombiequest (AR7500)

ASSERTION FAILED!

I made a workaround for this problem - just accessed it from another map- "Forest of Death", but did you forgot to make an south-entry-point to AR10PB?

I remember only one ASSERTION FAILED InfScreenWorldMap.cpp in line 3069 and that was the Ulcaster bug, which NEJ2 caused. That means, that it could be, that this is not a NTotSC or Worldmap problem. Something else in your installation could added an entry point in this map, but forgot to adjust the total number (therefore the last entry point is not used).

Can you post your WeiDU.log?
Can you make a changelog of the area?

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 19 May 2009 - 12:13 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#17 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:28 AM

ASSERTION FAILED!

This is a bad Worldmap travel link. I'll post the corrected replacement file tonite when I get home. Which Worldmap component are you using? Original or Revised?

It takes a village...

#18 Corvus

Corvus
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:44 AM

Which Worldmap component are you using? Original or Revised?

A good question, maybe this can help -> i used BP_BGT_Worldmap_v7_1.rar <- i think it is revised, right?

This is a bad Worldmap travel link. I'll post the corrected replacement file tonite when I get home.

Ok, thanks, but now i can play from other entry to this map, but for the future it should be good ;)

And hier is my weidu.log

Attached Files

#19 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:06 PM

Which Worldmap component are you using? Original or Revised?

A good question, maybe this can help -> i used BP_BGT_Worldmap_v7_1.rar <- i think it is revised, right?

No, during the installation you get the option to install the original or the revised one. You have done an installion with the BWP and I think you have not changed that, so you have installed the original one.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 21 May 2009 - 11:13 PM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#20 Corvus

Corvus
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:43 AM

Right, i used BWP - should i reinstall the worldmap as revised map or not? ;)