Photo

Apologies, but more silly questions

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Drizzle

Drizzle
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:09 AM

As I said in the title, sorry for asking another question I'm sure has a simple answer but it's been a long time since I played around with a BG install (Only reinstalled to have a go at the new version of this mod, actually). Thanks to Jarno's quick reply to my first issue I've got a full install up and running fine, if not too fine. After extracting the 0.47 and 0.48 archives into the folder and installing them in order BGMain.exe is still booting up to what looks remarkably like a clean install of ToB.

Sorry again, but I'm rather eager to get CA up and running again and seem to've exhausted my limited knowledge to no avail :mellow:

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:56 AM

Well, if it doesn't boot up in to this:
Posted Image
You are having problems, we need your WeiDU.logs content(open it with notepad and copy paste the info to a post), we need to know what Operation System you are using(Windows Vista, Xp ...?)...
And any other info you can think might be at fault...

Now, if it started like that, you just need to start a new game from the Classic Adventures trail... and not load old save game or go to the BG2:ToB sub-routine.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 25 January 2009 - 04:09 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Drizzle

Drizzle
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:44 AM

I'm running windows xp. As to other things that may be at fault, I'm afraid I have no clue :wacko:
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-CLASSICS047.TP2~ #0 #2 // Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth"
~SETUP-CLASSICS047.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wear Magical Armor AND Magic Rings (etc.)
~SETUP-CLASSICS047.TP2~ #0 #4 // Allow Multi-Player Created NPCs to "Wait Here" When Kicked Out
~SETUP-CLASSICS047.TP2~ #0 #5 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring and Spell-Trap Animation
~SETUP-CLASSICS047.TP2~ #0 #6 // Install 1PP's Flaming Sword animations pack
~SETUP-CLASSICS047.TP2~ #0 #7 // Install the Ion Stone animations pack
~SETUP-CLASSICS048.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Classic Adventures TC mod, Patch version 0.48

Edited by Drizzle, 25 January 2009 - 07:51 AM.

#4 Alioth

Alioth
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 08:36 AM

~SETUP-CLASSICS047.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Classic Adventures TC mod, version 0.47

This is what your weidulog is missing in the first place, that means you have installed all the other components, but skipped (incidentally/ ah, i mean accidentally/) the very first (main) component. Besides, you had to run into error messages, but i'm a n0000b, so i don't know :whistling:

So, just reinstall from a clean install (maybe you could reinstall from this point, but again i don't know for sure), and be sure to install ALL of the components. ^_^

Edited by Alioth, 25 January 2009 - 09:17 AM.

"Supprimez les flics et et y'en a dix millions qui se croirent permis de le remplacer."

-->Jean-Bernard Pouy: À sec! (Spinoza encule Hegel. Le retour)

#5 Drizzle

Drizzle
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:00 AM

~SETUP-CLASSICS047.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Classic Adventures TC mod, version 0.47

This is what your weidulog is missing in the first place, that means you have installed all the other components, but skipped (incidentally) the very first (main) component. Besides, you had to run into error messages, but i'm a n0000b, so i don't know :whistling:

So, just reinstall from a clean install (maybe you could reinstall from this point, but again i don't know for sure), and be sure to install ALL of the components. ^_^

Thanks for filling me in. Once Jarno'd pointed me to the Weidu log I thought it looked a little off but, oddly, I'd gone with the option to install all components and if I had any error messages I was too slow to spot them ^^
I'll try again from a clean install and see what's what. A huge thankyou again for all the help and patience everyone's shown with me :whistling:

#6 Alioth

Alioth
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:19 AM

A huge thankyou again for all the help and patience everyone's shown with me :whistling:

I'm not the one who you have to adress this to. But i answer as stand in: No problem, you're welcome!
Have fun with the game, and feedback is appreciated, i think...
"Supprimez les flics et et y'en a dix millions qui se croirent permis de le remplacer."

#7 Drizzle

Drizzle
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:15 AM

I'm not the one who you have to adress this to. But i answer as stand in: No problem, you're welcome!

We're now officially in business as far as CA goes. Can't wait to start playing again and I'll be sure to leave some feedback once I get my teeth into it.
I am, of course, hugely indebted to Jarno but don't sell yourself short. Your advice really moved things on aswell :cheers:

#8 Alioth

Alioth
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:27 AM

We're now officially in business as far as CA goes. Can't wait to start playing again and I'll be sure to leave some feedback once I get my teeth into it.
I am, of course, hugely indebted to Jarno but don't sell yourself short. Your advice really moved things on aswell :cheers:

Yeah, of course! But actually this is the first time i *helped* technical-wise, instead of me *being helped*...

:cheers:

#9 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:35 AM

But i answer as stand in: No problem, you're welcome!

Just like I always do...
This helps people and thus also the mod makers, as long as the player gives feedback. ^_^

We're now officially in business as far as CA goes. Can't wait to start playing again and I'll be sure to leave some feedback once I get my teeth into it. I am, of course, hugely indebted to Jarno ...

You are welcome.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#10 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:13 PM

It is always good to see a community site helping each other out. The CA team can't always do it, so thanks.

I've been out at a customer for the past few days. Now that I am back I plan to continue linking interiors to the Selgaunt city maps. Wait til you all see what we have planned so far. Most of the buildings will be empty of people. That will come later as we decide the permanent locations for some main quests.

Because all the Selgaunt maps have to be modified and all the new areas added, CA is getting a huge addition in diskspace. As such, I plan to release 0.49 as a full release. I will try to get all of the bugs you all are posting as closed out as possible before releasing that version. I'm sure I will give you plenty more to deal with as well. Right now, my planned release has no date but should be around end of Feb if everything goes right.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#11 Alioth

Alioth
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:11 PM

OH MY OH YEAH

:ph34r: