Challenge #50: Favourite Mod Banter

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#21 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:19 AM

Haha! And nothing beats this: When Anomen gives in you flowers in the middle of the Temple. LOL!

#22 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:07 AM

They keep flower boxes about...
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#23 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:49 AM

That's true, although it hardly seems knightly to steal from people's carefully cultivated flower boxes, hm? ^_^

Oh, hell. I'll have to do something for this challenge. Even if it's stick figures in Paint!

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#24 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:26 AM

I wondered why the order kept turning him down when I romanced him...

Kidding. I'm pretty sure the one time I took him through a romance he was knighted.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

#25 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:29 AM

Somebody should draw that banter, already.

Before the BG2 Fixpack fixed the area type for Firkraag's lair, I used to look forward to getting the flowers there. It seemed to happen every time.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#26 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:29 AM

Aha! I feel *much* better now! :devil: :devil: :devil:

vbn0005.JPG

Edwin Romance Mod - When Viconia forces Edwin to carry her and CHARNAME's backpacks. *Giggle* *Sigh* I'm quite happy how they turned out. :D

#27 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:08 AM

Yeah, but I doubt you can buy rare flowers at the next garden shop.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#28 darlarosa

darlarosa

A rush and a push and the land we stand on is ours!

• 384 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:42 AM

Aliya thats really good, I likes ^_^
We could argue all day about whether or not I'm a reprehensible human being...Posted Image

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

Posted Image ------Posted Image ]------Posted Image------Posted Image----------Posted Image---------Posted Image----Posted Image------Posted Image-------Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image------Posted Image------Posted Image--------Posted Image-------------Posted Image-------------------- click my dragon if you luv meh!

#29 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:27 PM

Yeah, but I doubt you can buy rare flowers at the next garden shop.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Buy? :blink: :blink:

This word sounds familiar... Nevermind. :P

Also, very nice entry Aliya. I missed that banter when I played through. Prob didn't have Viconia.

#30 Lythari

Lythari

Fabricati diem, Pvnk

• 366 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:42 PM

Wow, that looks really good Aliya. :) I like your armour design.

Epantiras, yours is hilarious :D I've never played that mod (and since I have my IWD2 install on a laptop without internet connection I doubt that I'll install it soon...) but it looks very interesting.

As for weird lovetalks, I had one playtrough with my PC romancing Viconia and having friendship with Xan. And when he had a lovetalk with Vicky about her telling him she finds him attractive, immediately after it Xan started his talk about that all love is foolish or such. Coincidence? I don't think so... :whistling:
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)

My deviantArt account / my dragon lair

#31 JAMoczo

JAMoczo
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:51 AM

1. Anomen has a nasty habit of giving me the crimson rhodelia (my title at the Most Noble Order the Radiant Heart /pimp) in a lair with a lich... Not sure if that's a hint or not... And I would draw that if it weren't a non-mod conversation and I didn't have 200000 ideas for this one :S
2. Aliya, that is just plain lovely! (I played the Edwin romance through just once because I love watching how people factor in Anomen to them, because I'm weird). I mean, I love the armor details and stuff. Beautiful!
3. So if IWD2 is allowed, is NWN2 allowed? :) (it's okay if you say no 'cause I have a ton of ideas for BG2 and no time to implement them)
~Jen~

I Hate Elminster!

?Here, take this. It?s a few special concoctions I whipped up to help you tomorrow should Lorne decide to poison you, cheat, or simply give you several gaping chest wounds.?
- Sand, Neverwinter Nights 2

?I would grieve for Eldoth, if it were not for the sense of joy I now feel.?
- Xan, Baldur?s Gate

I can does write fanfiction?

Have Facebook? Then you should join The Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart! ... please :)

#32 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:11 AM

Thankies!

Lyth: Of, course I would play Xan roamnce, but then I had a simple friendship lovetalks, I was literally killed but the fact, 'he don't believed in love'. I was just : :rtfm:! Then I threw a book at him, and he started to talk about money... :zzz: So I chose Eddie.

#33 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:37 AM

Ooh, if you're talking about NWN2 banters, you probably mean the Bishop romance. Can't wait to see that! Though my favorite NWN2 one was the one in the Sunken Flagon where Khelgar calls Neeshka a "skinny bull".

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods

#34 JAMoczo

JAMoczo
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:07 AM

Ooh, if you're talking about NWN2 banters, you probably mean the Bishop romance. Can't wait to see that! Though my favorite NWN2 one was the one in the Sunken Flagon where Khelgar calls Neeshka a "skinny bull".

Er, now that you mention it, didn't you MAKE that romance? (is at school, can't really do fact-checking)

And if we're going for real conversations, anything involving Sand pretty much owns me. "Ah, this is the 'impending' part of our impending doom." Then quote in my signature. And then his conversation with Aldanon, "Omens aren't good by definition," "Sure they are, especially with a hint of jam" or something... gah, that game has some good one-liners. Pity about the sequel, though. :devil:
/rambling

Edited by JAMoczo, 30 January 2009 - 05:29 PM.

~Jen~

I Hate Elminster!

?Here, take this. It?s a few special concoctions I whipped up to help you tomorrow should Lorne decide to poison you, cheat, or simply give you several gaping chest wounds.?

- Xan, Baldur?s Gate

Have Facebook? Then you should join The Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart! ... please :)

#35 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:27 AM

3. So if IWD2 is allowed, is NWN2 allowed? :) (it's okay if you say no 'cause I have a ton of ideas for BG2 and no time to implement them)

As long as it is a banter from a mod. No original campaign allowed.
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#36 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:48 PM

I could not resist!! XD

I was going to draw the 2 banters about Peony and Diriel's headacke (they're priceless), but I tought that I'd spoil you the fun of playing it.

Attached Images

• iwd2_diriel_vs_rizdaer.jpg

oO My DA Gallery Oo
oO My Artcorner on SHS Oo
oO "Ask the Betrayer" parody comic Oo
oO My other parody comics on SHS Oo

Oh, and Epantiras, you're simply Epantirastic.

(and no, I'M not egocentric!)

I Hate Elminster! (proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#37 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:02 PM

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Having Diriel and Rizdaer at the same time is an experience to be treasured :cheers:

More! I demand you do More! :Poke:

P.S. I like your PC's style :D

Edited by Orthodoxia, 30 January 2009 - 01:04 PM.

Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#38 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:22 PM

Having Diriel and Rizdaer at the same time is an experience to be treasured cheers.gif

More! I demand you do More! Poke.gif

P.S. I like your PC's style

And there will be more :D

My PC is based on an actual IWD portrait, I think you'll easily recognize her if you browse the available pictures. The artist (the same who painted the concept art for VtM:B) *did* not paint those black tattoos, but the area around her eyes is so dark that it looks like she really does have some ;-)

Edited by Epantiras, 30 January 2009 - 01:22 PM.

oO My DA Gallery Oo
oO My Artcorner on SHS Oo
oO "Ask the Betrayer" parody comic Oo
oO My other parody comics on SHS Oo

Oh, and Epantiras, you're simply Epantirastic.

(and no, I'M not egocentric!)

I Hate Elminster! (proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#39 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:20 PM

Er, now that you mention it, didn't you MAKE that romance?

Eek! No, Melirinda wrote the Bishop romance! I just finished Casavir's. But both of them are in the NWN2 Romantic Pack, so I guess that covers it. It should be coming out after the beta-testers are done with it, in a couple of weeks.

berelinde's mods

#40 JAMoczo

JAMoczo
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:29 PM

Er, now that you mention it, didn't you MAKE that romance?

Eek! No, Melirinda wrote the Bishop romance! I just finished Casavir's. But both of them are in the NWN2 Romantic Pack, so I guess that covers it. It should be coming out after the beta-testers are done with it, in a couple of weeks.

Er, "Merilinda", "Berelinde"... kind of look the same... er... and I knew you made one of them, the name looked familiar and was associated in my head with NWN2 ...

But at least I can say that I've been looking forward to the Casavir one :D
~Jen~

I Hate Elminster!

- Xan, Baldur?s Gate