• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

#1 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:40 PM

I've decided to edit this so the songlist is a bit cleaner looking.

Oh yeah, I'm Ace. I like to make music. In these songs you might hear notice that some have similar themes to each other. Good job for noticing! :P (many are part of a larger compilation, actually)

Some of these don't have names, because I couldn't think of any. :)

Classical/Epic-y Stuff
Introduction Attached File  intro.mp3   2.32MB   668 downloads
Tense Attached File  Tense_New.mp3   3.18MB   663 downloads
Landslide Attached File  landslide.mp3   1.25MB   598 downloads
Sunrise added 5/24 Attached File  sunrise.mp3   2.65MB   598 downloads
Leaving It All Behind Attached File  epic58.mp3   3.77MB   627 downloads
Flute524 added 5/24 Attached File  flute524.mp3   1.79MB   612 downloads
Fearless Attached File  credits.mp3   2.86MB   632 downloads
Battle Attached File  battle.mp3   1.73MB   645 downloads
Piano 524 added 5/24Attached File  piano524.mp3   2.17MB   600 downloads
Escape added 5/25 Attached File  escape.mp3   987.25K   600 downloads
Piano 62 added 6/2 Attached File  piano62.mp3   4.01MB   617 downloads
Trailer added 8/24 Attached File  trailer.mp3   2.37MB   600 downloads

Lame Attempts at Other Genres
Rock 2Attached File  rock_2_09.mp3   5.56MB   637 downloads
Some Other Rock ThingAttached File  katalt.mp3   3.86MB   628 downloads
Horrible Dance/Techno Stuff added 11/22 Attached File  technoattempt.mp3   2.72MB   582 downloads

Edited by theacefes, 15 January 2010 - 08:03 PM.

DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#2 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:34 AM

Mmmm, verry nice. :)

*brain goes bleep*

It sounds... kinda like... soundtrack music. Oh, WAIT; it IS soundtrack music! :D

#3 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:21 AM

Wow Awesome! (I cannot describe it with better words)

oO My DA Gallery Oo
oO My Artcorner on SHS Oo
oO "Ask the Betrayer" parody comic Oo
oO My other parody comics on SHS Oo

Oh, and Epantiras, you're simply Epantirastic.

(and no, I'M not egocentric!)

I Hate Elminster! (proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#4 Silinde Ar-Feiniel

Silinde Ar-Feiniel
  • 488 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:27 AM

Hey theacefes! That's amazing! I'm totally stunned! Is there a chance we could hear your completed list of songs? I would be very interested! Please! I want more! :D

As I say in the recording, some of them you may know

So are you a well-known composer and musician? Some of your songs sound familiar to me, that's so true...
I've noticed, the songs people really like sometimes may sound familiar to them so I can't really say if i have already heard them somewhere else or it is the fact that i really love them that makes them feel familiar. Can you help me with that? ;)

Edited by Silinde Ar-Feiniel, 07 February 2009 - 03:00 AM.

If you want to alter reality, you must first escape from it.

My Deviant Art account

#5 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:16 PM

Hey theacefes! That's amazing! I'm totally stunned! Is there a chance we could hear your completed list of songs? I would be very interested! Please! I want more! :D

As I say in the recording, some of them you may know

So are you a well-known composer and musician? Some of your songs sound familiar to me, that's so true...
I've noticed, the songs people really like sometimes may sound familiar to them so I can't really say if i have already heard them somewhere else or it is the fact that i really love them that makes them feel familiar. Can you help me with that? ;)

Thank you. I'll post some more, but some of the songs from that collection are in the process of being evaluated so I can't really post the whole thing for those. I have other songs though that I'd gladly post the whole thing for, just didn't know if anyone felt like listening to a single track for 2-5 minutes hehe.

I've been around the community for a while and I've participated in some people's mods by doing a song or two for them. At the moment I'm working on doing a soundtrack for a nintendo DS game that is still in development. My goal is to maybe someday become an audio designer/programmer for video games. So...not well known, but I've got my foot in the door. :)

Two of the songs in there are from my Sarah NPC mod, so maybe that's why they sound familiar. As for the others, I really like making epic-y sounding stuff, and my influences are definitely well known, so maybe I take a little of that style with me when I play? I've done some other genres too (rock, some metal sounding stuff, jazz/funk) but classical is by far my favorite.

#6 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:26 PM

Wow Awesome! (I cannot describe it with better words)

Thanks! I probably shouldn't read your sig while drinking coffee..... <_< ;)

Mmmm, verry nice. smile.gif

*brain goes bleep*

It sounds... kinda like... soundtrack music. Oh, WAIT; it IS soundtrack music! biggrin.gif

Aw, thanks WeeR.

#7 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:41 PM

I have to say that from what I listened in your MySpace site and in the compilation are really really nice, but ah, 4 of the 5 have one simple problem, one might say, the sound stops. And it stops, like it would hit a wall, just before the song end.
So the endings need more working.
Or, then again I might be wrong, if it's just that the sites can't support long songs so you have to cut them... :unsure:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#8 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:48 PM

Thanks. As for the sound stopping, those aren't the endings. If you noticed it fades out slightly. Otherwise the songs would be several minutes long apiece. They are just samples of the songs. But if it sounds too weird still, I can always made the fadeouts more obvious.

#9 Silinde Ar-Feiniel

Silinde Ar-Feiniel
  • 488 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:48 PM

just didn't know if anyone felt like listening to a single track for 2-5 minutes hehe

Well now you know! ;) I'd love to hear more!

My goal is to maybe someday become an audio designer/programmer for video games. So...not well known, but I've got my foot in the door.

That's great! I really wish you the best and i'm sure you'll make it! :D
So which program do you use for music production? Favorite VSTs? Are you using real synths too? Are you mixing and producing alone? In home/studio? Do you do a mastering on your tracks? Which program? Do i ask too much?

I've done some other genres too (rock, some metal sounding stuff, jazz/funk) but classical is by far my favorite.

OMG! Rock! Metal! :wub: I love it! Are you mixing those with classical? Anyway i love them all!

My Deviant Art account

#10 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:24 PM

just didn't know if anyone felt like listening to a single track for 2-5 minutes hehe

Well now you know! ;) I'd love to hear more!

My goal is to maybe someday become an audio designer/programmer for video games. So...not well known, but I've got my foot in the door.

That's great! I really wish you the best and i'm sure you'll make it! :D
So which program do you use for music production? Favorite VSTs? Are you using real synths too? Are you mixing and producing alone? In home/studio? Do you do a mastering on your tracks? Which program? Do i ask too much?

I've done some other genres too (rock, some metal sounding stuff, jazz/funk) but classical is by far my favorite.

OMG! Rock! Metal! :wub: I love it! Are you mixing those with classical? Anyway i love them all!

:blink: Yikes!

Well, I'll try and post some more songs. I have a bunch lying around in my folders here.

Thanks for the encouragement! My setup is rather tiny and not very impressive, but a friend told me that a good musician can make wonderful sounds on the crappiest of equipment.

I use a Yamaha DGX 200 series( I told you it was unimpressive). It's a fairly basic keyboard with around 400 different instruments in the memory banks. Seriously, not very impressive at all. I have an electric guitar but I don't post much stuff from that because I am still learning, but I use a Yamaha Audiogram to feed it into my computer via USB. It's okay, probably only cost me about 150 USD.

I have a Creative X-Fi Sound Blaster card that I connect a line in (an extremely cheap aux cable) to from my keyboard to my PC. The software I use are Sony Soundforge 9 and Acid Pro 7 ( I use Cakewalk only if I am doing MIDI, but I don't really do MIDI recording much). My recording process goes like this.

1) I mess around on the keyboard with different instruments and make fun sounds until I come up with a tune I like.
2) I open up Acid and pick one of the 400 instruments on my keyboard. I record a track, typically the basic instrument of the song, usually a string instrument or a piano.
3) I use Soundforge to edit the recorded track.
4) I repeat until I usually have 4 or 5 instrument tracks layered over each other.
5) I adjust volumes and listen to the song a bunch of times. Then I export it to whatever format.

I can't read music and I've never taken any music lessons, so I'm not very useful in a technical way. I'm good at layering music and I can pick up very quickly when playing with others. Over the years I have observed different orchestras and watched instruments being played so that I can properly imitate them when I play the keys on the keyboard, but I've got a long way to go.

All my songs are done by me alone. I record in my bedroom.

As for the other genres I play, yes I like to incorporate classical stuff into them.

The Yamaha keyboard is fairly new too. I learned to play on a really old Casio I got back in 96 when I was 11.

Did I answer all the questions? :D

Edited by theacefes, 07 February 2009 - 09:25 PM.

#11 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:38 PM

Posted three more. Two of them are actually in the collection but are the full versions. The last one is completely different.

#12 Silinde Ar-Feiniel

Silinde Ar-Feiniel
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:47 AM

a good musician can make wonderful sounds on the crappiest of equipment

That's so true! ;)

I use a Yamaha DGX 200 series( I told you it was unimpressive). It's a fairly basic keyboard with around 400 different instruments in the memory banks. Seriously, not very impressive at all. I have an electric guitar but I don't post much stuff from that because I am still learning, but I use a Yamaha Audiogram to feed it into my computer via USB. It's okay, probably only cost me about 150 USD.

Well it's the music that matters and it IS impressive! :D So you play guitar too? Great!

Thanks for sharing your recording process. I don't have any real synth, instead i use a midi piano...lol
I'm not familiar with the programs you use but I believe that every music production program has the same principles so I understand the process.
I believe i follow the same process (but with some slight non-critical changes as our equipment is not the same)

I can't read music and I've never taken any music lessons

I'm not much better, even though i take music lessons <_< lol
I can only use some base reading/composing stuff...

All my songs are done by me alone. I record in my bedroom.

Lol, we have the same recording space (I mean bedrooms in general)

As for the other genres I play, yes I like to incorporate classical stuff into them.

Cool! I love that! :wub:

Did I answer all the questions?

No, i want more! I'm just kidding. haha (or maybe not... :P )

Edit: Great songs! My fav one is the rock one! Every one of them has a strong feeling! And your synth sounds great!
The first 2, remind me of BG2 music and so i really love them! :D

Edited by Silinde Ar-Feiniel, 08 February 2009 - 03:00 AM.

My Deviant Art account

#13 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:12 AM

I like the last songs you've uploaded, Tense New is my fave. The 'rock like' is good too, even if it doesn't sound like rock imho 9_9 oh well, I'm accustomed to heavy metal, I may not be very good at cathegorizing music ;-)
(btw a little off topic, I've just realized that you're *the* Theacefes who wrote that super duper Joinable NPC creation tutorial I've downloaded from G3 :Bow: )

oO My DA Gallery Oo
oO My Artcorner on SHS Oo
oO "Ask the Betrayer" parody comic Oo
oO My other parody comics on SHS Oo

Oh, and Epantiras, you're simply Epantirastic.

(and no, I'M not egocentric!)

I Hate Elminster! (proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#14 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:07 PM

EPIC! LOVE IT!
"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#15 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:41 PM

Thanks, guys. Yeah, I don't think the rock one sounds very rocked out either. I listen to a variety of music but I do like power/symphonic metal a lot. :)

And yeah, same person who wrote the tutorial. :) Hope it helped.

#16 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:14 PM

Well it's the music that matters and it IS impressive! biggrin.gif So you play guitar too? Great!

Thank you. And yeah, I play the guitar but I am learning it on my own and haven't gotten very far. I can make songs with basic chords but again, no technical stuff (I can play several Avril Lavigne songs...but those are all the same chords anyway it seems haha)

#17 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:05 PM

Working on new stuff, two new songs (actually it's one song, but one has guitar and one does not. Hoping it will be the new theme for the project).

#18 -S-K-

-S-K-

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:21 PM

Just to mimic what the rest have said, this is probably the best I have heard on all these boards

#19 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:43 PM

Thank you! That means a lot to hear.

#20 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:01 PM

Posted a new one. This new project seems harder but I am happy with how the songs are coming out so far. I've been making some rather surprising numbers on my itunes/amazon sales (the reports dont tell me who purchased, only that songs were purchased) so for those who did, I thank you. :)