• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 02:46 AM

Hey Kellen! Great to see another of your pieces up. :) I must admit, I've never played Jade Empire, but this brief sketch of the young Dragon is a very intriguing one. I especially liked the metaphor of the statue... looking forwards to continuations of this! :D

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain

#2 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:18 AM

Thanks, Shadowhawke. Been so long since I played BG, and JE has been the center of a good deal of attention recently. So my inspiration came from it. Glad you liked it. The magic part came from the fact that OP (Open Palm) characters got to use earth magic, whereas CF (Closed Fist) characters used the winds. And the shattering with one strike came mostly from a scene from the Sword of Truth series.

I'd definitely recommend you buy it, but if you can help it, don't be inquisitive, or intelligent, until after you leave home. It does spoil some things.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan