• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 02:44 PM

OK, I haven't done enough Imoen of late, so it's try and get the fingers typing again. I want to ensure I'm still on the right track with my Imoen writing. To this end, I want to have a conversation.

Here's how it works. I make an Imoen post, the first person to arrive can post a response. I will respond to the first response (and the first response only), and the conversation goes from there, with Imoen responding to the first response she gets. I'll let conversations flow, but may kill one and start another.

You are free to do both conversation and actions. In fact, you may do anything except kill Imoen, and I mean ANYTHING. However, you can only say what you wish to say, or do, I will be determining the consequences in the Imoen posts. I don't do taste, so do as you will (smile, grin, wink, hit, spit, talk... anything)

You're more than welcome to give yourself a name besides that of your account her (in the same way I use the Imoen name). Include your gender in brackets as well if you wish... otherwise I'll guess.

Skyhawk (M): You look like you have something to say, Imoen.

Got it? Good, here goes:

Imoen: Tell me, E01, do you miss the old life? I've always wondered. I mean, sometimes you seem so serious, sometimes you almost seem to enjoy all the... all the death. I don't know, I wonder if we're still who we were back then. (she looks wistful for a moment, then smiles) I don't like the idea of getting all stuffy like you... heh.

Edited by Quitch, 10 August 2003 - 01:59 AM.

#2 -E01-

-E01-

Posted 05 August 2003 - 03:05 PM

I suppose I do, yes. I have a lot of happy memories. But that's all in the past, now. We can't go back now any more than we could've stayed then. We've changed, like it or not. But I'd like to think that we're in a better for it - it would have caught up with us eventually, whereever we went - but at least now we can try and help ourselves, when that happens...

#3 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 11:04 PM

Imoen:I'm glad you think about it too. It almost feels like a dream now. Sometimes I can hardly believe it was ever real. Well, at least we can stay up as long as we want now, BesterP12. No chores either! (a huge grin spreads across her face).

#4 BesterP12

BesterP12
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 11:15 PM

heh, That reminds me. See those bodies over there? Those are your arrows. Would you mind getting them back and... um... cleaning them? The next shop is a long way from here and we can't afford to waste them. Besides (returning an even larger grin) didn't ol' puffguts teach you to pick up after yourself?

#5 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 04:16 AM

Imoen: (disappearing as quickly as it appeared, the grin melts from her face) It's not the same anymore, BesterP12. We used to roam the wild, Imoen and BesterP12, comarades in arms! Heh, we had fun, didn't we? But... but he showed me other things, the other side of death... it makes me cold...

#6 BesterP12

BesterP12
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 10:09 AM

Sorry. You left yourself open with that last comment there. Maybe I should have thought of a less... morbid "chore".

I guess sometimes I do get a bit too used to it. The endless battles. Maybe that's one of the reasons I need you around; to knock some sense into me. To remind me of how things used to before all of this. How I used to be.

#7 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 10:56 PM

Imoen: Don't say that... you haven't changed. Well, not much anyway. I suppose we're both different... but I'm still little ol' Imoen!

#8 Jinnai

Jinnai

Bye Sanzo! You'll play with me again next time?

• 377 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 06:24 PM

(Ruffles Imoen's hair) Well now then you don't seem like little ol' Imoen in some areas.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 11:08 PM

Imoen: (she pushes your hand away) Well, it wasn't my fault that spell went wrong... if you hadn't been snoring so loud, I'd have been able to concentrate. Anyway, I look good in pink. I'd rather look dangerous though (she attempts what you assume is a glare).

#10 Jinnai

Jinnai

• 377 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 02:01 PM

(Holds up his hands in a mock surrender) Oh no! I give, I give! Besides, you should be used to my snoring by now. I mean I've gotten used to your quirks.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 02:10 PM

Imoen: Yeah, but at least my quirks didn't startle Gorion into thinking he was under attack at night. Ah, books flying everywhere. The keep was in chaos for the rest of the night. Oh, but the guard weren't too happy with you Jinnai (her grin returns, and a feeling of sisterly warmth emanates from her). I miss those times...

#12 Sparhawk

Sparhawk
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 06:29 PM

LOL... Yea, I miss those times too. (Chuckles softly...) Well, someone had to give the guards a run for their money. While you were busy *sneaking* trouble and trying to blame it on me - and usually succeeding I might add - at least *I* was trying to keep the guard in shape. You know... run around naked, see how fire reacts to small piles of oil soaked hay... makes lots of smoke - and for some reason, they seemed to worry about the library when I did that. Besides, Gorion needed the excercise too. He just spent entirely too much time behind those tomes of his. Hmmm, though knowing him, it was probably for us... and this damned prophecy.

(One eye starts to water and I wipe it with the back of my hand.) By the gods... WHY do you have to remind me? I can see why Durlag went crazy. Do you know what my last thought of Candlekeep is? Us slaying our friends... those forsaken shapeshifting bastards brought in by Sarevok. And it hasn't stopped since. And the worst part of it right now... death isn't even a release... it's a sentence. Some days all that keeps me goin' is the fact I may get some revenge on some power that caused this... but even it we manage to do that... then what?

(Looks down, then mutters...) Some days I wish I could be more like you...

#13 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 02:44 AM

Imoen: I don't know Sparhawk, I haven't thought beyond the end of our quest. I'll be happy just to get my soul back. It's like an empty feeling, gnawing at my insides; a chill wind in my belly. Do you know what I mean? Please don't lose hope, I don't think I could do this without you, little brother. (she reaches out and clasps your hand tightly in her own, eyes full of concern)

#14 The Outlaw Torn

The Outlaw Torn
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 08:27 AM

(clasps hand back) There there, don't you worry. I'm not going anywhere.

(pauses for a moment)

A chill wind in your belly, huh?
'...and if you see me strut, remind me of what left this outlaw torn...'

~'The Outlaw Torn', Metallica

#15 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 09:37 AM

Imoen: It's like... like I'm empty. I sometimes feel as though I'm hollow, as though I'm fading away. I'm scared, The Outlaw Torn. I'm not as strong as you, I don't know how much longer I can go on like this.

#16 Jinnai

Jinnai

• 377 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 01:35 PM

Ahh don't worry! So long as I have my trusty wood carving we'll be fine. (Reaches into his pocket and a frown appears on his face) Oops. Forgot I left it back at that Inn when I was Waterdeep. Well I guess you can worry now, unless we happen to run across Elimister and he happens to have it with him. (He gives a broad grin as if to say, "Like that would ever happen)".
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 01:58 AM

Imoen: Heh heh. I dunno, Jinnai. Elminster does seem to have a special interest in you... I wonder if that's a good thing. (she gives a wicked grin) So, where to now, (first person to reply)? I mean, we can't hang around here all day. We've monsters to slay, damsels to save, ya know, the usual boring things (wink).

#18 BesterP12

BesterP12
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 05:33 PM

I don't know, why don't we just take the day off for once? Go to Athkatla. See a play. Then maybe go to the government district and see what we can "aquire" like old times. (smile) You know, a few improved invisibility spells could help make up for your lack of practice lately, "Miss Archmage".

#19 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 05:11 AM

Archmage? I like the sound of that. (Imoen flicks her hair back). Imoen, deadly Archmage, followed her faithful servant, dufflehead! (she begins to parade up and down, casting invisible magic left, right and centre)

#20 Jinnai

Jinnai

• 377 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 11:02 AM

"Hey I represent that remark." Jinnai complains, then stops and scrathes his head, "Um, no I don't think that was the correct response." He shrugs, "Oh well, I don't care where we head so long as there's some good food. Gotta keep my stamina up. Martial Arts training ins't easy, unlike most other proffesions."
Posted ImagePosted Image