Photo

Vault v7 Released

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#121 -Fraladu-

-Fraladu-

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:28 AM

Hey, sorry to post something completely unrelated to this thread, but for some reason i can't post or even make account on g3 soooo.... can someone go post this in item revisions forum?
----
weapon_changes.tpa says:
PATCH_IF ninjato BEGIN
WRITE_SHORT off+0x1c 1 // piercing
WRITE_SHORT off+0x26 10 // overhand
WRITE_SHORT off+0x28 25 // backhand
WRITE_SHORT off+0x2a 65 // thrust
END
// change damage type to "slashing"
PATCH_IF wakizashi BEGIN
WRITE_SHORT off+0x1c 3 // slashing
WRITE_SHORT off+0x26 50 // overhand
WRITE_SHORT off+0x28 50 // backhand
WRITE_SHORT off+0x2a 0 // thrust
END

but is wrong (and makes all wakis and nijatos terrible). According to bg2tweaks correct offsets for swing type are 0x2C , 0x2E and 0x30 .

-----
Very sorry for offtopic. On topic, i made some changes to my latest install, namely : make blind last 1 minute instead of 40 minutes, make unremovable traps removable, remove need for ancient armor for vampire sword, changed evil knight in vault area to 20% resists no spells, no abilities, no script forced stuff, and no chapter restriction, removed sentry from vault so no teleports to unvisited areas, and it made the mod really much better, if i was able to improve the drow part and remove the stupid book chase this would be be the best bg1 content mod, it's already a lot more fun like this but further changes are beyond me.

#122 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:38 AM

Here is the new french update for the v7.2. :)

#123 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:04 AM

Here it the new italian translation about Vault, by Ilot

Attached Files

Edited by ilot, 21 August 2012 - 04:08 AM.

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#124 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:29 AM

Thanks a lot! Wrapping up and delivering version update in a couple days.
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#125 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:02 AM

Thank to you Beleg33!!!!

#126 -Fraladu-

-Fraladu-

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

Hey, thanks for your work everyone, it is much appreciated!

Some more last second comments before new version comes out:
- I removed the book chase in my version and after trying it I gotta say it`s 100 times more fun, no more wasting 1h the first time and ~15minutes the next times walking and loading screens. All i did is make the guy on the bridge say something like Hey i got the book for my employers! If you want it back they are in the southern mines, seeyas and thanks for the money! Then advanced the variable to the end of the chase and that was that. It`s way better like this regardless of the original intent of the mod, the chase still sucks the fourth time, and it was horrible the first time.
- When handing the book in at the candlekeep door, there`s a duplicate `i have the book` line that looks silly and is useless.
- I removed the wait timer (made it 1 second actually i think) after killing the ogre in firewine to spawn the ogres in the village. I wanted to add a death line to the guy to say something about the village to direct the player so it becomes non missable but forgot about it.
- I removed all the upgrades from the beregost guy since they suck so much in a game with Item Revisions and i`m always tricked in trying them out and then reloading in frustration.
- After having removed the magic resist on the leather armor and the elf armor and the crown and the hammer, i eventually put it back in since it`s really fun to have 2 front liners with high magic resist in an tactics/scs game. I though it would be very overpowered, and while it was very powerful, it increased my enjoyment of the game by a huge amount since it allowed me various strategies in the cheesiest fights that are thrown at the player rather than just abuse the system in 1 or 2 specific ways. Basically i`m not sure that high magic resist on a few items is a bad thing anymore since it increases the fun factor (in a hard mod environment, it`s probably super overpowered in a normal game, but who would install just this mod in a normal game?).
- at the end of the drow mines the narrator that`s supposed to spawn to fill the player journal had never spawned for me or maybe it did in some corner or something. I changed his spawn coordinates to the entrance of his little cave and saw him for the first time on my latest run.
- I made the drow traps detectable and removable and that made things much better, but i think i`ll also make them not reset as well since in my latest run, knowing exactly where they are, i abused them to make the mines very unchallenging. Basically, i had someone draw all the drow over a reset web trap, then had an invisible free-actioned guy trigger it 10-20 times, then arrowed them to death while taking no damage at all. Even drow get chain paralyzed 100%->0% hp with so many layered webs.

With these changes and those mentioned earlier The Vault has become by far my favorite BG1 content mod, no more sucky parts, all fun parts, as it should be. Just one last note about the very high XP in this mod. I made some approximate measurements of the xp totals and here`s how it compares for what i looked: bg1+tosc+scs1= 1500-2000k XP, The Grey Clan: 200-250k XP, The Vault: 800k+ XP. That`s really a lot.

#127 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:44 AM

- When handing the book in at the candlekeep door, there`s a duplicate `i have the book` line that looks silly and is useless.

That line is when you have the "History of the Drow" book which the thief wants to trade for the Scroll of Netheril. It's a scam and the gatekeeper tells you so. I added a check so that this answer doesn't show up when you have Scroll of Netheril.

- I removed the wait timer (made it 1 second actually i think) after killing the ogre in firewine to spawn the ogres in the village. I wanted to add a death line to the guy to say something about the village to direct the player so it becomes non missable but forgot about it.

I think the wait makes sense. Tribe has to hear about the death of that guy and then move towards Gullykin. I might consider lowering the wait to 3 days in the future. I like the idea of a death line like "My brother will avenge me".

- I removed all the upgrades from the beregost guy since they suck so much in a game with Item Revisions and i`m always tricked in trying them out and then reloading in frustration.

Since recommended install-order is to install IR after most quest mods like The Vault, I made an extra component to install if you plan to install IR after. Item upgrades based on the IR items

- at the end of the drow mines the narrator that`s supposed to spawn to fill the player journal had never spawned for me or maybe it did in some corner or something. I changed his spawn coordinates to the entrance of his little cave and saw him for the first time on my latest run.

I made him spawn next to the player so it can initiate dialog instantly and then vanish.

- I made the drow traps detectable and removable and that made things much better, but i think i`ll also make them not reset as well since in my latest run, knowing exactly where they are, i abused them to make the mines very unchallenging. Basically, i had someone draw all the drow over a reset web trap, then had an invisible free-actioned guy trigger it 10-20 times, then arrowed them to death while taking no damage at all. Even drow get chain paralyzed 100%->0% hp with so many layered webs.

Nothing I can do against metagaming. Made them detectable

Just one last note about the very high XP in this mod. I made some approximate measurements of the xp totals and here`s how it compares for what i looked: bg1+tosc+scs1= 1500-2000k XP, The Grey Clan: 200-250k XP, The Vault: 800k+ XP. That`s really a lot.

I've tried to reduce it a bit to like ~80% while keeping in check similar creatures xp rewards.

About sentry teleport : I made them only available if the area has been visited before. Removed teleport to Candlekeep Catacombs since it didn't make much sense to return there (that could be true for some ToTSC areas as well) and was pointing to a dream area from BG2 anyway
I'm closed to finished, new version will also include a new translation to russian by Quiet!

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#128 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:39 AM

Here is the new update Vault. I added the last lines (modified : @71 and @73 to +2) and added @204 and @205

Attached Files

#129 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:12 AM

That line is when you have the "History of the Drow" book which the thief wants to trade for the Scroll of Netheril. It's a scam and the gatekeeper tells you so. I added a check so that this answer doesn't show up when you have Scroll of Netheril.

Nevermind, actually the book he trades you for the History of the Nether Scrolls - the Book of Ancient Knowledge - works just fine as an entrance fee to Candlekeep, skipping the whole book hunt if you agree to do the trade. Upon arriving to Candlekeep, an associate of the thief will show up to ask some help, if you refuse the Return to Nashkel part is forever cancelled and you cannot retrieve the History of the Nether Scrolls (which actually should be required to obtain the Vampire's Revenge from Ulcaster and then get access to the Vault after asking every scholar/erudit on the Sword Coast - this I tried to restore). If you accept to help, you can continue that quest after Candlekeep or at any time later.

#130 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

edit: nevermind. I'm dumb.

Edited by Usurper, 29 May 2013 - 07:29 PM.

The Monk is always out to keep a wild mage down. But the Weave, she speaks to me. Together we work our collective will on this brittle, cracking world.
Playing the Big World Project Let's Play both here and on the Something Awful forums.

#131 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

There's one small bug, namely that ar9798.baf spawns wolfwegr.cre, which is Karoug's wolfwere form (shipwreck on island of Balduran).

Fix options:
- clone wolfwegr and remove misc96.itm (Peladan, the missing baby) from the clone.
- use BG2 version wolfgr01, but it grants 15k instead of 8k xp.
- make JC_wlfwe into a proper Greater Wolfwere, by adding regeneration 4/sec and immunity to normal weapons and replacing s1-12.itm with wolfgrw.itm

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#132 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:18 AM

Hello, how could I start vampire's revenge quest? Or what to do next? I have talked with mage to ulcaster, keeping idol and ancient armor, he says something revenge is the key to vauld, removing me these items, granting XP but nothing more...

#133 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:18 PM

Hello, how could I start vampire's revenge quest? Or what to do next? I have talked with mage to ulcaster, keeping idol and ancient armor, he says something revenge is the key to vauld, removing me these items, granting XP but nothing more...
You need Ancient Armor, Idol and History of the Nether Scrolls.

You can't do this before you get History of the Nether Scrolls from Duke Eltan at chapter 7. And you must do Vault quest before revisiting to Candlekeep because you lose History of the Nether Scrolls when you enter Candlekeep..

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#134 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:23 PM

Ye, I have done that part with ulcaster, but he only takes me that armor and idol and he gives me XP points, but thats all.

#135 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:41 AM

First Ulcaster checks that you have "History of the Nether Scrolls" (BOOK68.ITM) and you get 750 exp.

Then you talk Ulcaster again he takes "Ancient Armor" (MISC82.ITM) and "Idol" (MISC48.ITM) and you get 3,000 exp and "The Vampire's Revenge +1" (SW1HVAM.ITM).

Then with "The Vampire's Revenge +1" you can continue Vault quest (Vault) at High Hedge and Torqion quest (NTotSC) at Temple.

#136 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:38 AM

Ahh okay thank you :)

#137 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:35 AM

Well, Torquion part is done, but priest of Gondtells me something, like its in the island surrounded by raging waters. Its the key to vault, but where I am supposed to go?

#138 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:33 AM

Well, Torquion part is done, but priest of Gondtells me something, like its in the island surrounded by raging waters. Its the key to vault, but where I am supposed to go?

:whistling: Maybe there island on:

Spoiler

#139 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:27 AM

Ahh yea, thanks very much :)

#140 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 11:28 AM

There is a problem with the Vault's Zernan quest and the new SCS 6010 // Better calls for help.

Shout,bcs is assigned to some of the thieves and a number of drow as well as the Amnish soldiers in the same areas, resulting in the soldiers to get hostile on you (and PC losing all reputation points for killing them.)

(I have de-assigned Shout.bcs from the Vault mod creatures in order to play on, they can work well without it)

Edited by Roxanne, 03 October 2015 - 11:34 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*