#1 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:39 AM

Posted Image
#53 Challenge: Cespenar
Deadline: Monday, 23rd March
Post your piece in this topic!

Draw the beloved butler of the great Bhaal - or the little Bhaalspawn, whichever you take... The little guy who makes all sorts of powerful shiny ones for our characters to wreck havoc across the land.

You remember the drill I hope. You have two weeks time, and everything artistic goes as long as it's made by yourself.
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#2 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:06 AM

You're tempting me

(since my original post consisted only of the previous statement, I'd like to point out that the whole meaning is "You're tempting me to wreck havoc across the land")

Edited by Epantiras, 09 March 2009 - 07:07 AM.

oO My DA Gallery Oo
oO My Artcorner on SHS Oo
oO "Ask the Betrayer" parody comic Oo
oO My other parody comics on SHS Oo

Oh, and Epantiras, you're simply Epantirastic.

(and no, I'M not egocentric!)

I Hate Elminster! (proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#3 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:16 AM

With the help of Cespenar and his shiny ones I should hope ;)
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#4 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:19 AM

Because this challenge appears to be mildly dead, I've decided to post something (despite the promise to myself not to venture into BG fandom soon T.T)
So here's Cespenar helping the new proprietor of the pocketplane into some brand new, shiny, ultra light and improved shadow dragon scales armor.
Just because I can. Yeah :D
12032009.jpg

Edited by Orthodoxia, 12 March 2009 - 07:37 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:18 AM

Narra is so...so... young... and and nice... Can't believe I'm saying these things.

#6 Silinde Ar-Feiniel

Silinde Ar-Feiniel
  • 488 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:55 AM

Great work Doxia! You should break your promise more often! ;)

If you want to alter reality, you must first escape from it.

My Deviant Art account

#7 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:10 AM

Narra is so...so... young... and and nice... Can't believe I'm saying these things.

She's 22-ish in BG2:ToB - of course she's young. And she has 'good' in her alignment, so she is nice by definition.

Great work Doxia! You should break your promise more often! ;)

:P Don't give me any ideas.

Thanks people :D
Posted Image

#8 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:12 PM

Does Cespenar wear something? Maybe a loincloth?

Edited by Aliya, 12 March 2009 - 12:12 PM.

#9 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:14 PM

Most likely.
Posted Image

#10 Lythari

Lythari

Fabricati diem, Pvnk

• 366 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:37 PM

It looks great, Doxia ^_^ I like their expressions on this one, they both look really cute.
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)

My deviantArt account / my dragon lair

#11 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:02 AM

Nice pic Orthodoxia :D
Oooohh!! I must draw something for this challenge, I already have some ideas but modmaking is eating my time DX

oO My DA Gallery Oo

#12 Shae

Shae
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:44 AM

Orthodoxia: That's great, I especially like how Cespenar's face turned out. Narra's wings frame the bottom of the picture nicely, too.

238b.jpg

This was pretty random, but I guess it could fit with the first meeting with Cespenar. I blame the randomness for how he looks, too.
I scribble and I chirp, wait no. I mean tweet (infrequently). And sometimes I tumble about as well.

#13 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:12 AM

I tried to draw something for this challenge, but it really did not work out. I'll try once more, though, and post whatever results!

#14 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 02:24 AM

Awww stupid Cespenar :D he always goes after shiny things. Nice comic Shae ;-)

oO My DA Gallery Oo

#15 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:04 AM

Done :D

shs_cespenar.jpg

From left to right, Cernd's baby, dryad acrons, Lilarcor, a bunch of keys plus the key of my car p_p Valygar's body, Kangaxx's torso, the gewel of the Equalizer pommel, the golden pantaloon, vials of blood, Joneleth's love letters XD elven holywater, the infamous bust of Sune, a gembag, the candle used for Helm's ritual, a skull, the blade of some halberd found on the Fishking, the hilt of the Silver sword, Hindo's hand, Bodhi's heart, dragon scales, a page of the Golem tome, the warding stones of the 1st leve of Watcher's Keep, Yagashura's diary, Neb's head, drow brain, that weird cup found in Helm's temple and the eye of an elder Beholder.
Damn a real mess :D

oO My DA Gallery Oo

#16 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:33 AM

That's lot of unfinished quests by the time you reach ToB :D Bag of Holding is adventurer's best friend.
Posted Image

#17 Cykuta

Cykuta
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:57 AM

This. Is. So. Great.

I actually recognized everything (except for Valygar's body, since i never kill him, and the baby - thought it was Aerie's) before reading the description. Could that be a sign of having played BG too much? :whistling: And i'm IN LOVE with those Watcher's Keep ward stones of yours!

P.S. That damn surplus elven holy water is annoying. Good thing you can use it up in Saradush.

Edited by Cykuta, 16 March 2009 - 03:58 AM.

Guess what? I've started a blog! Kitchen Witchcraft : of Magic and Macaroni.

#18 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:32 AM

You're right about the evlen holy water! So in Saradush you don't need to buy new one. BTW the 2nd time I've played BG2 I forgot I could make Bodhi & Co. easier if I spilled the holy water in the blood fountains 9_9 but I had to face undead Solaufein as well so Charname would have had a really hard time even if using holy water

oO My DA Gallery Oo

#19 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:57 AM

Lol, hilarious! 'That's a lot of mess.'

'Sure you don't want to dump everything out? Easier that way.'
'Don't be so pushy! I'se start then I'm ready... Ok, I'se ready.'

:D

#20 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:09 AM

Ok, time for the new challenge, but if anyone has some nice pictures of Cespenar feel free to post them here :)

New Challenge -> Here
Posted Image