162 replies to this topic

#1 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:30 AM

BiG World Project (BWP) v6.0

OUTDATED

Entire installation instructions for the Baldur's Gate Megamod

The BiG World Project aims to merge all games of the Baldur's Gate series and the additional contents created by its community in one massive adventure, including a modification of BG1 to run BG1 with the more modern engine of BG2, plus the added functionality of ToB expansion. Now all new functions which are introduced only with BG2 are also available for BG1. This signifies, BG1 uses just like BG2 the same graphic arts, the same character kits, the same magic and the same rules. Now even for those which know BG1 by heart this is a new play experience. Besides, it also includes an additional transition from BG1 to BG2. And all this can expanded with additional mods.

BiG World Project is constantly going through changes to acquire a more stable and bug free version with every new update.

For German gamers you can visit our German forum.

Here you get all what you need for a megamod installation (click me).
- BiG World PDF-Manual (in Englisch and German)
- BiG World Setup (for an easy installation)
- BiG World Installpack (contains the installation commands)
- BiG World Fixpack (fixes bugs in mods)
- BiG World Textpack (for foreign languages (currently German only))

The current instructions are divided into the following versions:

BGT Minimal-version
This minimal installation is very easy and fast done. You don't need anything to know about the BG mods. Install this version to play BG1 with the BG2 game engine until the end of ToB. We recommend this version to gamers, who has not played BG, yet. Only the BiG World Setup will offer this version and it depends on the Standard-version. The following mods will be installed with this version:
BG2 Fixpack, Baldur's Gate Trilogy and Restored Textscreen Music with the Language Pack.

Recommend-version
The recommend mods depends on recommendations from gamers and modders from different BG game forums. This version is a small megamod and a solid basis. This version alone gives you much new game-experience and content and if you wish you can add some more of your lovely choosen mods to it. Only the BiG World Setup will offer this version and it depends on the Standard-version. The mods for this version are marked green in the Linklist and the BiG World Setup.

Standard-version
Herewith you can install all mods which have not an absurd degree of difficulty or known bugs. You can take all these Standard-mods or choose the ones, you like. The Install.bat installs only the mods you have extracted into the BG2 main directory. The mods for this version are marked green and blue in the Linklist and the BiG World Setup.

Tactic-version
With this installation you can add mods and components to the Standard-version that make above all the fights with the enemies more difficult and, therefore, are thought for experienced gamers. The mods for this version are marked orange in the Linklist and the BiG World Setup.

Expert-version
This version tries to fathom the feasible and includes all available mods of the Standard- and the Tactic-version and additional the mods, which are bugged at the moment. You have a 100% chance of running into bugs and/or CTDs (crash to desktop). The mods for this version are marked grey in the Linklist and the BiG World Setup.

With the "BiG World Setup" you can do a BG2 only installation with all these versions, too (except the BGT Minimal-Version).

This project is in development. Beginners should keep absolutely to the instructions, while experienced players with some efforts, tests and bugfixing can also create their own version of the BiG World.

Step by Step Instructions

BG1 installation
- Make a full installation of BG1 and Tales of the Sword Coast
- Patch it with BioWare?s official ToSC patch v5512
- Start BG1, make your settings, create a character and make a quicksave with Q in Candlekeep
- Quit the game

BG2 installation
- Make a full installation of BG2 and Throne of Bhaal
- Patch it with BioWare?s official ToB patch v26498
- Start BG2 and ToB, make your settings, create a character and after the autosave quit the game

Important: Don't change the BG graphic-options or not more then the supportet 800x600 resolution of BG. You can get crashs to desktops (CTDs) if you take a higher resolution as 800x600. When you want to play in a higher resolution take the Widescreen Mod.

UPDATED NEWS
Please look at the Updated News in the next post if you have something more to do before you start the installation.

Begin the installation
  • Download the BiG World Setup
  • Start the "BiG World Setup" and follow the on-screen instructions (the Setup runs the "BiG World Install.bat" automatically)
  • Play your megamod.
We are glad about every suggestion and every criticism which serves to improve the BiG World Project.
The BiG World Project Team is available for you at any time in the forums.

Greetings Leonardo Watson and Leomar

Attached Files

Edited by Leomar, 25 May 2009 - 08:18 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#2 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:31 AM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated News

No updates at the moment

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated "BiG World Installpack v6.0.1"
  • Updated "BiG World Install.bat"
Updated "BiG World Fixpack v6.0.9"
  • Munchmod fix, so that the merchant appears in BG2 only.
  • Xulaye installation fix
  • Some compatibility fixes
  • Some small corrections
Updated "BiG World Textpack v6.0.6"
  • Updated "Underrepresented Items" patch.
  • Some small corrections
"BiG World Setup v2.0.0"
  • First release

New in v6.0

Updated English and German guide
  • New Layout und new cover
  • New BWP-versions: The More-version is integrated in the Standard-version. All mods and components for the experienced gamers were included in the new Tactic-version. Expert-mods are only bugged mods now and therefore could be a danger for megamod installs.
  • Moved "BG2 XP-Patch" and "BG2 Charm Patch" at the beginning
  • Moved "Weimer?s Ascension" before "BG2 Fixpack" to minimalize compatibility problems
  • To put Gavin to the BG1 NPCs, we moved "Gavin NPC", "Edwin Romance" and "Tsujatha" into the chapter "BG1 NPC MODS"
  • Moved "Spell Revisions" to the "BG1 RULES AND TWEAKS"
  • Moved gMinion before "Spell Revisions"
  • Now "The Tortured Soul Quest" patch the files instead of overwriting them and therefore moved to the "BG2 QUEST MODS"
  • "Chloe NPC" is BGT compatible now and therefore moved into the normal installation order
  • Now, "Ashes of Embers" must be installed at two places in the megamod
  • Moved the HLA-components and the improved Shadow-Thiefs of "Rogue Rebalancing" after "BG2 Tweak Pack"
Updated "BiG World Installpack v6.0"
  • Improved "BiG World Install.bat"
  • Now you can choose between the versions Standard, Tactic or Expert
  • Updated "BiG World Smoothpack"
  • Updated "BiG World Post-Install.bat"
  • Updated "BiG World Installpack read me.txt"
Updated "BiG World Fixpack v6.0.8"
  • .ids-files will be patched instead replaced by other mods
  • Ascension compatibility-fix of jon-eli
  • Included are the official fixes from 09.03.02 for "Spell Revisions"
  • Chloe BGT-compatibility-fix of White Agnus
  • Included is the official fix for "Level 1 NPCs" of Erik
  • Few small fixes
Updated "BiG World Textpack v6.0.5"
  • German translation of "Stone of Askavar" of Wertax and Gerri
  • Updated German translation for "Spell Revisions v2.9" of Cronox
  • Small fixes
A comment to the "BiG World Setup"
  • With the new v6 we wanted to intruduce the new installation-tool "BiG World Setup (BWS)", but the programming is a lot more work as we thought before. We will release a beta of the BWS soon, because you can download and extract correctly the mods with it.
Updated mods
  • BG2 Fixpack v8
  • Rogue Rebalancing v4.04
  • Baldur?s Gate Trilogy v1.07
  • The Vault v7
  • Lure of the Sirine?s Call v9
  • BG1 NPC Project v17
  • Ascalons Breagar v4.01
  • Spell Revisions v2.9
  • BG1 Unfinished Business v7
  • Sword Coast Stratagems v12
  • Adalon?s Blood - Silberdrachenblut v4
  • Goo the Disembodied Floating Eyeball v3.0
  • The Undying v2.04
  • Thael NPC v2.31
  • Kim NPC v1.61
  • Allison One-Day NPC v1.7
  • Questor Revised v1
  • Unfinished Business for BG2 v18
  • Crossmod Banter Pack v8
  • BGT Tweak Pack v8
  • BG2 Tweak Pack v7
  • aTweaks v2.02
  • Widescreen Mod v2.1
Added new mods
  • Huple NPC v1.0
  • BGSpawn System v1.00
  • Les Chroniques de Severian v0.1D
  • Tales of Anegh (Beta) v0.5
  • Konalan?s Tweaks v1.2
  • Bolsa v1
  • Charli v1.2
  • Darron v1.3
  • Nanstein v1
  • Mhoram NPC v1.2
  • Vendedor (DLAN) v6
  • Recargador v2.0
  • Ninde NPC v1.1
  • Xulaye NPC v1
  • Mawgul NPC v1
  • Uldar NPC v0.75
  • de?Arnise Romance v2
  • Lucy the Wyvern v1
  • Haiass el lobo (Beta) v1.2
  • Skooter the NPC v1
  • Homeward Bound v2
  • The Luxley Familiy v1.1
Deprecated Mods
  • "Rod of Refuge" and "Butter Knife of Balduran", because both mods are included in "Konalan?s Tweaks" now

Greetings Leomar

Attached Files

Edited by Leomar, 02 June 2009 - 08:56 PM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
- Chevalier

#3 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 08:04 AM

Wooow great! I am veery happy to see BWP version 6! Thank you!
I am also very happy to see that BWS is about to be launched in the near future :D . Can't wait to see it in action.
Also the new manual looks great! And the legend with the information that shows if the mods are difficult or buggy is really useful. Great idea that you introduced this info!

Edited by dreamer2007, 15 March 2009 - 08:14 AM.

#4 apelsinlax

apelsinlax
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:43 PM

What will the BWS do? :)

#5 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:55 PM

This:

A comment to the "BiG World Setup"
With the new v6 we wanted to intruduce the new installation-tool "BiG World Setup (BWS)", but the programming is a lot more work as we thought before. We will release a beta of the BWS soon, because you can download and extract correctly the mods with it.

#6 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:25 PM

At the moment we update the linklist for the new BWP version. When we're ready, we'll inform you. After then I've time again to look at your older threads and posts for that I've not the time in the last days, because of the new BWP release.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 15 March 2009 - 06:26 PM.

- Chevalier

#7 jon-eli

jon-eli
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:08 PM

Color me impressed.

/edit
Yeah... so... Setup-Ascension.tp2.patch shouldn't be in the _copy directory. But OTHER than that, color me still impressed.

//edit
Who did the cover-page for the PDF file? It's very pretty.

Edited by jon-eli, 15 March 2009 - 07:21 PM.

#8 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:31 PM

Yeah... so... Setup-Ascension.tp2.patch shouldn't be in the _copy directory. But OTHER than that, color me still impressed.

Thanks for the information, but it is not a big problem. It is one of our small ids.fixes and has nothing to do with your important fixes. The installation is fine without the fix and nobody need to change that.

Who did the cover-page for the PDF file? It's very pretty.

This cover is from an old friend and rests a long time on my computer.

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#9 jon-eli

jon-eli
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:54 PM

[...] your important fixes.

OMG I'm famous!!! Who wants my autograph?? Where are my royalty payments?!?! Dear BG2 fan: every time you change into the Ravager and get going with all that "I'm invincible! Bwahahaha" crap... send me cash. You have 50% immunity to all damage types. Pay my rent. That's quid pro quo.

#10 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:42 AM

Hi there Leomar,

i've noticed u added BGSpawn on your BWP, that's cool, thanks!

Just a VERY minor notice: on page 135 "This component is NOT compatible with the BGSpawn mod", i would change that with "This component is CONCEPTUALLY NOT compatible with the BGSpawn mod.". Technically they are compatible, but for that matter i would put my mod just AFTER BGT tweaks so that users that do not want to play my mod (who? really u won't??!! lol :-))))))))))) COULD eventually install the spawn system(s) that the tweaks provide instead. My mod does do a check for BGT Tweaks so it won't be installed if it notices that component.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and cheers!

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#11 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:34 AM

Hi there Leomar,

Just a VERY minor notice: on page 135 "This component is NOT compatible with the BGSpawn mod", i would change that with "This component is CONCEPTUALLY NOT compatible with the BGSpawn mod.". Technically they are compatible, but for that matter i would put my mod just AFTER BGT tweaks so that users that do not want to play my mod (who? really u won't??!! lol :-))))))))))) COULD eventually install the spawn system(s) that the tweaks provide instead. My mod does do a check for BGT Tweaks so it won't be installed if it notices that component.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and cheers!

mm75

Hi Melkor,

thanks for the information. The BWP concept is, that you download only the mods you want to have in a megamod. The Install.bat install only the mods, which you have correctly extracted in the BG2 main directory. Therefore I think, who download BGSpawn System, wants it and not skip it. :)

Yes, that was luck. During we finished the BWP v6.0 I see your upload of BGSpawn System and gave all information on that to Leonardo. He was so kind to inlcude it directly into the v6.0. You uploaded BGSpawn system at the right time. ;)

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 16 March 2009 - 02:37 AM.

- Chevalier

#12 Marvin

Marvin

Marvin

• 197 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:13 AM

@ Leomar

Probably it's better to change the installation order anyway. New users that probably do not know what they are doing, could get in trouble :rolleyes:
It's always better to minimize conflicts :cheers:

Marvin

#13 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:32 AM

@ Leomar

Probably it's better to change the installation order anyway. New users that probably do not know what they are doing, could get in trouble :rolleyes:

Marvin

Well, currently ... players who install both will have BGT Tweaks Spawns in their game, in any case. If they install first mine, then the BGT one will overwrite it. If they install mine after the BGT one it simply will be skipped (prompting just for the Vampiric Wolf component),

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#14 jon-eli

jon-eli
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:31 AM

<snip>

Yeah, I was being totally daft. Ignore me.

Edited by jon-eli, 17 March 2009 - 01:06 AM.

#15 Silinde Ar-Feiniel

Silinde Ar-Feiniel
  • 488 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:01 AM

Is Ascension v1.4.23 and Oversight v12 in tactical version= NOT buggy? Because in the linklist, the coloring says so.... though the pdf says that it is buggy...

If you want to alter reality, you must first escape from it.

My Deviant Art account

#16 jon-eli

jon-eli
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 05:18 AM

Is Ascension v1.4.23 and Oversight v12 in tactical version= NOT buggy? Because in the linklist, the coloring says so.... though the pdf says that it is buggy...

Ascension is buggy, in the sense that we've had to jump through hoops to get it to work; but the hoops weren't very high off the ground, and it works pretty flawlessly at the moment. It's unlikely to cause trouble.

I have no idea about Oversight.

#17 zj1985

zj1985
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:01 PM

Hi there

Did "Setup-Ascension.tp2.patch" this file get a wrong place in "BiG World Fixpack"? In "BiG World Fixpack\ascension\_copy" this file did nothing,but I place this file to "BiG World Fixpack\ascension",It patch the "Setup-Ascension.tp2",did I do this right? Sorroy I am not good at English.

#18 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:04 AM

@ Leomar

Marvin

Well, currently ... players who install both will have BGT Tweaks Spawns in their game, in any case. If they install first mine, then the BGT one will overwrite it. If they install mine after the BGT one it simply will be skipped (prompting just for the Vampiric Wolf component),

mm75

All right. Thanks for the informations. We'll change that. :)

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#19 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:11 AM

Ascension is buggy, in the sense that we've had to jump through hoops to get it to work; but the hoops weren't very high off the ground, and it works pretty flawlessly at the moment. It's unlikely to cause trouble.

I have no idea about Oversight.

Like jon-eli said, the tactic-components should be fine.
If you install Oversight's "Tougher Sendai" component at the right place in the installation order, like it is shown in the manual, then you should get no problems with it, too.

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#20 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:14 AM

Hi there

Did "Setup-Ascension.tp2.patch" this file get a wrong place in "BiG World Fixpack"? In "BiG World Fixpack\ascension\_copy" this file did nothing,but I place this file to "BiG World Fixpack\ascension",It patch the "Setup-Ascension.tp2",did I do this right? Sorroy I am not good at English.

Like I described in post #8 (click me) you don't need to change anything. We have tested the megamod without this patch and the megamod is running fine.

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier