Photo

BiG World Setup

• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

#441 blaa.nox

blaa.nox
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:38 PM

Hmm I think that´s the same ftp that has Legion of Hell on it. That just doesn´t work.
Btw you know it is a Chinese mod, yes?
Only solution right now would be not to install LoH and UoT. Unless you cand find em via google but I doubt it.

Oh wait:
ftp://trow:onlydownnolist@ftp.trow.cn/trow20090321/trowbg/trowmod/UoT_v1.0.rar
There, download and put in BiG World Download folder.

@Cerest: Of course you make good points. But your way changes it from install->play to something very time consuming and nerve wrecking. I surely don´t ever wanna install without BWS again. The thought alone gives me the shivers. ^_^

Edited by blaa.nox, 27 June 2011 - 04:41 PM.

#442 pololuck

pololuck
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:50 PM

Tried everything but now the bat file doesnt recognize that TOB is installed, keeps telling me this component requires throne of bhaal

#443 blaa.nox

blaa.nox
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:28 PM

Which mod exactly says you need ToB? Or does this come up whenever you try to start the installation through the bat?
This leaves me clueless, someone with more insight will have to look at that.
Only thing I can think of is that you need to have a save in ToB(start ToB, save game). But thatīs unlikely.

I guess Tymora doesnīt favor you :whistling:

#444 pololuck

pololuck
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:56 PM

All these problems never happened before, they just started happening when I ran the setup again recently and it updated itself. Before I even had it installed in program files x86 and it installed and worked like a charm. :angry:

#445 blaa.nox

blaa.nox
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:02 PM

Yeah, "never change a running system" and "auto update" can really bite themselves at times. But it´ll get figured out. However, it´s 6 am here and I´ve had 3 beer so you´ll have to excuse me from trying to think now :cheers:

But answering the questions in my previous post would help helping you I guess

Edited by blaa.nox, 27 June 2011 - 08:07 PM.

#446 -@vGur-

-@vGur-

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:25 AM

How to add a custom language to mod, that bws will execute
I have the partial russian translation for bg1npc project and longer road, what i need to do, to get russian language option in bws

#447 -@vGur-

-@vGur-

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:54 AM

Another problem. I had set the russian as primary language in bws, english as secondary. Tales of deep gardens has russian translation, but shows as english. Am I wrong or it's bws bug. Thanks

#448 pololuck

pololuck
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:37 AM

Ok, another question, what if any npcs will transfer from bg to bg2 using bwp? I want to have a party in bg that will transfer over to bg2 with same stats and everything.

#449 pololuck

pololuck
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:58 AM

Oh yea, also I cant install level one npcs I keep getting this ERROR: problem parsing TP file [LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2]: Not_found

#450 pololuck

pololuck
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:31 AM

Whoot, im going for my 50th try at installing bwp.... I have until july 5th since thats when i go back to work. I hope i get it to work before then lol. :cheers:

#451 Cerest

Cerest
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:58 AM

Another problem. I had set the russian as primary language in bws, english as secondary. Tales of deep gardens has russian translation, but shows as english. Am I wrong or it's bws bug. Thanks

Looking at the .tp2 and the language folder... it does.

Ok, another question, what if any npcs will transfer from bg to bg2 using bwp? I want to have a party in bg that will transfer over to bg2 with same stats and everything.

Certain NPCs will be transferred over depending on what mods you had. Shar-teel, Kivan, Jaheira, Imoen, Mincs, Edwin, Viconia, to name a few...
:rtfm:

Read the BWP .pdf! it will tell you -_-

Your main character will retain their stats (from stat books), I'm not sure about the other NPCs though.

Oh yea, also I cant install level one npcs I keep getting this ERROR: problem parsing TP file [LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2]: Not_found

It is just missing it's main code. Just redownload it manually and put the Setup-lEVEL1NPCS.exe along with the lEVEL1NPCS folder into BGII's directory.
I there is a .tp2 in the same folder as setup-level1npcs.exe when you first extracted it... great! If not, look in the level1npcs folder. Remember that level1npcs comes with an extractor .exe... not a setup exe, you need to extract it.

Edited by Cerest, 28 June 2011 - 09:59 AM.

#452 pololuck

pololuck
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:17 PM

From what I have learned this is the best way to install Big World Planet on windows 7 pc and get it to work.

1.Turn off firewalls and UAC.

2.Install Bg and Tales of sword coast, make sure you select custom and click on all boxes, do not install into any program files folder, what I do is I just erase the program files part of the path, it will say not enough space but just click yes, patch with version 5512.

3.Play a new Bg game, save and exit.

4.Install Bg2 and TOB, make sure you do a full install, do not install into any program files folder, what I do is I just erase the program files part of the path, patch with version 26498.

5.Play a new Bg2 game, save and exit, play a new TOB game, save and exit.

6.Run Big World Setup, I think latest version is 9.10, extract to your BgII directory and click on automatic.

7.Make sure the installation paths match where your game is actually installed, change the downloads section to your BGII folder.

8.Select Standard version which is the only one Ive been able to make work, probably click on Do not install foreign-language mods and click on Further customization of your mod-settings.

9.Click on Backup, then continue.

10.Uncheck Legion of Hell(wont download), Level 1 NPCS(install this last) and Nikitalleria NPC(wont extract and cant seem to manually download it).

11.BWS will now download mods, after its done it will probably say that it couldnt download certain mods, you can try to download them on your own if you really want them or you can just remove them from the list(if you cant find them, remove them).

12.BWS will now extract all mods, once again after its done it will probably say it couldnt extract certain mods, manually extract them.

13.NOW STOP!!! Follow these instructions, exit BWS, when the cmd window comes up close it. Go to your BGII folder and find Big World Install.bat, right click and select edit. Search for the part where it says baldurs gate is installed in a program file folder and change that to where your actual Baldurs Gate game is installed. Now you can go ahead and run the Big World Install.bat and wait a really long time.

14.Last but not least, you can install level1npcs, I would say no to optionals and just go with changing the npcs to what you like.

#453 -@vGur-

-@vGur-

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:48 AM

another stupid problem in win7. Bws gui is messed, buttons almost unaccesible, in fullscreen itś even worse. I;ve got created a mod-list that i like to install, but what to do next? continue button on mod-selection screen isn;t active.

#454 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:38 AM

another stupid problem in win7. Bws gui is messed, buttons almost unaccesible, in fullscreen itś even worse. I;ve got created a mod-list that i like to install, but what to do next? continue button on mod-selection screen isn;t active.

Or could it be that your screen resolution is so small that the GUI doesn't fit to it ?

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#455 -@vGur-

-@vGur-

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:13 AM

1680*1050

#456 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:19 PM

Good day everyone. I do seem to have a Problem with BWS under Windows Vista, too. I switched off Firewalls, UAC and everything I could think off.
Now, when I execute the bws_9-20110501.exe as an admin, it does start up, and I can install BWS in my BGII - SoA directory. Loading the GUI works, too.
But on the next steep, General Adjustments, where one can adjust the directory paths and the compilation, the Autoit3 script seems to hang. Back, Continue and Exit are clickable one time, then they grey out and nothing happens. After a while, I kill the app via Task-Manager and get these problemdetails:

Problemereignisname: AppHangB1
Anwendungsname: AutoIt3.exe
Anwendungsversion: 3.2.12.1
yadda yadda

I would be glad for any suggestiont to work around this.

And yes, I am reasonably sure that the UAC is switched off.

#457 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:25 AM

You made sure to skip the update?
It won't work anyway.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#458 -Dartheg-

-Dartheg-

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:21 AM

Thank you for the reply, and yes, I did skip the update.
After several retries, the Setup suddenly worked.
I was just deleting the BWS Files and unpacked them again; no changes in the system, not even a restart, after a few tries it suddenly worked. No idea why, but I am happy now.

Although I do have a question about versions.
BWS_9-20110501.exe seems to be the most up to date version, but it uses the Big World Installpack 9.10.
Is not the most actual version of the BiG World Installpack 10.0.3?
The same is true for the other BiG files.
Was there a reason not to update them to 10.x? Or am I simply mistaken/the display is wrong?

#459 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:42 AM

Was there a reason not to update them to 10.x? Or am I simply mistaken/the display is wrong?

The old update system doesn't work... so it needs to be done manually or wait until a new system is up.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#460 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:47 AM

The displayed versions are outdated but the files that it catches are the last ones -- at least the php-links from shs. Others may be outdated. Can only be fixed if someone would do the updating (I won't do that any more -- btw. that's stated in the first post).

Someone thought about getting involved but he couldn't find the time.
There are some thoughts about getting the files into a database and slit the work that has to be done.
But that's only a thought now and well, lets see if it's possible and if it would save some work/time.

There were also some guys that had some ideas about java and .net, but I haven't seen any new about that.

Edited by dabus, 18 August 2011 - 11:48 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.