Photo

BiG World Setup

• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

#61 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:05 PM

Now, you can download the "BiG World Setup (BWS) v7.0".

With the new version you must do a new clean backup and can't use the older backup anymore.

If you have done a BG2 backup with the BWS, do the following:
  • Start the older BWS v2.0.1 and restore your backup
  • Exit the BWS and delete the folder "BiG World Clean Install"
  • Remove the older BWS v2.0.1 and download the newer v7.0
  • If you use the new BWS make a new BG2 backup with it
Sorry for the circumstances for the v7.0, but this will not be happen in the future anymore.

If you don't have the older BWS, you can get here the v2.0.1.

And here you get the new BWS v7.0.

Versions-History

7.0.0 - 04.05.2009
  • Changed: Version number to fit with the version number of the BWP
  • Corrected: Small typos in the BWS-descriptions (translation.ini)
  • Fixed: Replace standard-BG1-folder with custom BG1-folder in the BWP-install-batch (17_Testing.au3)
  • Changed: A BWS update will start automatically at the beginning (11_NET.au3)
  • Corrected: Typos in the mod-descriptions and edited some German mod-descriptions (Mod.ini)
  • Added: Descriptions to the Expert-mods, why there are Expert at the moment (Mod.ini)
  • Updated: Mods, links and descriptions for the BWP v7.0 (Chapter.ini, Mod.ini, Setup.ini)
Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 04 May 2009 - 08:08 PM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#62 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:28 PM

Bravooooooooo, thanks.

#63 apelsinlax

apelsinlax
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:48 AM

Remove the older BWS v2.0.1 and download the newer v7.0

How? :) Do you mean only the executable file or every file related to the BWS? If so how do I know which those files are?

Thanks!

edit: I guess its the .vbs file and the entire folder that needs to get deleted? Atleast thats what I deleted now :). Also, this program is amazing! Also again, do you have any idea when it will be possible to pick components as you wish?

Edited by apelsinlax, 05 May 2009 - 05:35 AM.

#64 freestone

freestone
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 05:28 AM

Ah, just since I read it once again:
Maybe it's the cmd and the directory-names itself.
"Dos" had this C:\progra~1 - names when you wanted to access them.
Maybe Win98 cannot handle full fledged names which stringlenth is longer than 8.

I notice, in my thread that I started about windows 98se, that no one else seems to be using that operating system.
I was wondering if others had my problem about win98se being not compatible.

I am actually considering that Best Buy sale on a emachine, for $300 and with that 160 gig hard drive, I would have no problems. Oh, I suppose I could install all the files + bg1 + bg2, on my currant vista computer and transfer them over with my 4 gig stick, but oh oh soooooo slowly, into that 98se computer!

yes, at 68 years old, I probably will die of old age before finishing up the Big World, especially if I use the huge quests too, in the Tactical install.

freestone

#65 Silinde Ar-Feiniel

Silinde Ar-Feiniel
  • 488 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:29 AM

I just want to report that for some unknown reason, BWS doesn't export properly NPC_Tweak-v3.1. It's not an important issue (I export it easily manually and all are fine) but i just report it in case you can fix it (if it's an error that I'm not the only one to come across). Btw, BWS is amazing! Bravo! :Bow: :Bow: :Bow:

PS: The same extraction error existed also in the previous version of BWS for me.

Edited by Silinde Ar-Feiniel, 05 May 2009 - 11:09 AM.

If you want to alter reality, you must first escape from it.

My Deviant Art account

#66 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:59 AM

I'm getting strange warning while working with BWS, perhaps someone could discern what does it mean.

At first I'm setting up paths to each insall as shown on 1st screen:
(please note that all folders are entered correctly, i.e. that's the true places where the stuff is)
Posted Image

But when I'm clicking "Continue" I'm presented with the following warning:
Posted Image

So, what does it mean? At a first glance BWS asking me to rename BG2 folder to "BGII - SoA", but when I'm doing so I'm getting even worse warning, which is not true by the way as there actually is 25movies.bif that BWS consider to be missing:
Posted Image

I must say that I'm pretty puzzled by BWS behaviour and would appreciate any hints on how should I correctly set it up.

Edited by Creepin, 05 May 2009 - 08:00 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#67 -Katewise-

-Katewise-

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:47 AM

Hey I just want to say that I have exactly the same problem - I have the 25movies.bif, and so can't work out what it wants from me!
Any help would be great, thanks!

#68 neutrowave

neutrowave

Hast'fyr

• 103 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:09 AM

@Creepin

U have to install BGII with "BGII - SoA" as game folder name not "WorldBG2" ..... some mods require this ..... same for BGI.

#69 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:32 AM

neutrowave,
Yup, I've already figured it, but the thing is that if I do so BWS didn't see 25movies.bif which results in a pretty nasty warning. Check my 3rd screenshot which depicts this situation.

#70 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:14 AM

but the thing is that if I do so BWS didn't see 25movies.bif which results in a pretty nasty warning. Check my 3rd screenshot which depicts this situation.

Well, I can only figure two reasons: Either you have a corrupted 25movies.bif file. It might be good idea to try to start the ToB game to check it out... cause if you are able to exit from the first area and see the star movie, it should be ok.
Or the BG2:ToB is not a full install... and the file you are looking is in the CD drives:\CD5\movies\ -dir, but it should be in the D:\games\BGII - SoA\CD5\movies\
How much does the game take room without any mods installed?

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#71 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:57 PM

Jarno Mikkola,
Actually I'm pretty sure my install is ok: I just checked it by playing TOB until saradush siege movie (not sure what you mean by star movie) which played correct. My clean ToB install is 2,68 GB, with 25movies.bif being 92,4 MB and of course it's located on HDD in D:\Games\BGII - SoA\CD5\movies folder, not on CD/image.

The only thing I could think of is my baldur.ini which still contain old game paths that were correct at the moment of installation (i.e. CD5:=D:\Games\WorldBG2\CD5\), which could be relevant if BWS is for some weird reason using baldur.ini to determinde files location even though there's dialog to set up correct paths in BWS itself.
I'll check if fixing baldur.ini could help with this issue.

Update: I changed baldur.ini paths to reflect renaming of game folder to BGII - SoA and tried BWS again - this time it worked ok! :)

Edited by Creepin, 05 May 2009 - 01:07 PM.

#72 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:02 AM

@ apelsinlax

Also again, do you have any idea when it will be possible to pick components as you wish?

Unfortunately, I can't say and I think we can't realise this in the next months, so it will take awhile.

@ freestone

I notice, in my thread that I started about windows 98se, that no one else seems to be using that operating system.
I was wondering if others had my problem about win98se being not compatible.

Sorry, but the BWP-tools are not compatible with win98se. I've added this note in the first post of the BWP thread:
The BWP-Tools were created for Windows 2000 upward, so you can use them on Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/7, only.

@ Silinde

I just want to report that for some unknown reason, BWS doesn't export properly NPC_Tweak-v3.1.

Very mysterious. I've checked the BWS v7.0 and had not this issue. Because of your report, now, I tested it with "NPC Tweaks" only and get the same result as you have. But it is not an extraction problem, because the "NPC Tweak" is extracted after the extraction process of the BWS. The problem occurs when the BWS checks, if all mods are extracted correctly and with "NPC Tweak" it show you the warning. But you can ignore the warning, because all is fine. The warning message is wrong.
Thanks, that you have reported it again. We'll look into it.

@ Creepin
Thanks for your report and for your test, so we know now, that the description of this BWS-window is not clear enough and we'll add the [Alias] part to it.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 06 May 2009 - 12:04 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
- Chevalier

#73 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:32 PM

@ Silinde

I just want to report that for some unknown reason, BWS doesn't export properly NPC_Tweak-v3.1.

Very mysterious. I've checked the BWS v7.0 and had not this issue. Because of your report, now, I tested it with "NPC Tweaks" only and get the same result as you have. But it is not an extraction problem, because the "NPC Tweak" is extracted after the extraction process of the BWS. The problem occurs when the BWS checks, if all mods are extracted correctly and with "NPC Tweak" it show you the warning. But you can ignore the warning, because all is fine. The warning message is wrong.
Thanks, that you have reported it again. We'll look into it.

O.K. we found the problem with "NPC Tweak". The mod uses different files- and folder names:

NPCTweak (folder)
setup-npc_tweak.exe
NPC_Tweak.tp2

The TP2 uses the folder correctly, so the filenames must be:

setup-npctweak.exe
NPCTweak.tp2

For this case you need nothing to do. Only ignore the BWS warning and go ahead without removing this mod from your installation list.

This small issue will be fixed soon.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 06 May 2009 - 08:32 PM.

- Chevalier

#74 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:57 AM

Okay so I started the BWS install... :D . The first problem that I encountered appeared because I forgot to turn off the user account controls in Vista so the NSIS installers couldn't install correctly. Maybe a note should exist for Vista users about this in BWS? After correcting this and starting the process again, another thing appeared that seems strange for me and that is that BWS showed a warning that some mods didn't install correctly but when I tried to install them manually it seems they were installed because I had to overwrite many things. After I installed them manually they disappeared from the list so it seems that truly they were unpacked incorrectly. This is the list showed by the BWS and in bold there are the mods that seemed to be unpacked incorrectly:

Black Rose Part I: Market Prices v1: The Mod itself (MarketPrices.zip)
RPG Dungeon Item Pack (RItemPack) v2: The Mod itself (RItemPackV2.exe)
Selune's Armoury v2: The Mod itself (SeluneArmoury-V2.rar)
Ghareth One-Day NPC v0.91: The Mod itself (GharethNPC.zip)
Wikaede Revisited (NPC) v4.1: The Mod itself (WikaedeRv4-1.rar)
Moongaze's Kari (NPC) v1: The Mod itself (MoongazesKari-v1.rar)
NPC Tweak v3.1: The Mod itself (NPC_Tweak-v3.1.exe)
Turnabout v1: The Mod itself (TurnaboutV1.zip)
Solaufein Flirt Pack v4.0: The Mod itself (SolaufeinFlirtPackV1.exe)
Kelsey NPC (ToB) v2.2: The Mod itself (KelseyTOBV22.zip)
Keto NPC (SoA) v3: The Mod itself (Keto-SOAv3.zip)
NPC Flirt Packs v1.02: The Mod itself (NPCFlirtV102.zip)

I've also seen in the check made by the install bat this time, that there were other mods that weren't unpacked correctly like Kelsey NPC, some mods relating to Xan and a few others, so I had to unpack them manually also, but it was strange for me that BWS didn't announce the fact that they were unpacked incorrectly. I am not sure if this is related to my operating system, or my 7zip or winrar, just thought I should report these problems in case these are some errors that need fixing.
Besides these problems I encountered so far that can be fixed without big problems, everything looks great in BWS, the process of installing is way way easier and even more user friendly than before. It's simply awesome! :D .Wonderful job in creating it and thank you for making BWP so easy to install! :cheers:
Now I am going in the next stage of the install... I will edit this post to say what other problems I encounter and the eventual successful installation...

Edit: I started from the very beginning and the mods that unpacked incorrectly seem to have diminished in number with no intervention in my part so the problem seems to be from my end. The biggest change for the better was that there were no more missing essential mods that didn't appear in BWS according to the install bat. But still Turnabout v1: The Mod itself (TurnaboutV1.zip), Solaufein Flirt Pack v4.0: The Mod itself (SolaufeinFlirtPackV1.exe) and a few, not all, from the list above appeared again as incorrectly unpacked so I manually unpacked them to solve this.

Edited by dreamer2007, 08 May 2009 - 03:48 AM.

#75 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:14 AM

The mods you are listing are not available in the internet (moongaze removed them), NSIS installers (some are packed into archives, like Turnabout) or the BWS did not recognize the unusual WeiDU-format of the tp2-file (NPC Tweak).

I do not own vista, and the testers did not announce those faults (maybe they use good old xp). The easiest way would be to run the BWS as an Administrator. If someone knows how to do that in the BiG World Setup.vbs or in AutoIt3, go ahead. ;)
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#76 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:01 AM

The mods you are listing are not available in the internet (moongaze removed them), NSIS installers (some are packed into archives, like Turnabout) or the BWS did not recognize the unusual WeiDU-format of the tp2-file (NPC Tweak).

I do not own vista, and the testers did not announce those faults (maybe they use good old xp). The easiest way would be to run the BWS as an Administrator. If someone knows how to do that in the BiG World Setup.vbs or in AutoIt3, go ahead. ;)

Okay, what's strange is that now at the fourth try everything seems alright, there are no missing mods either in BWS, or in the install bat (except those that you mentioned that were removed from the internet and the false warning about the npc_tweak that I expected) :) . But it's strange that at every try, BWS showed different information about the unpacked mods, fortunately for the better, everytime the number of mods that were unpacked incorrectly diminishing :) , and this after starting from the very beginning everytime, with a clean BG2 folder with only the mod archives in Big World Downloads, so the unpacking went on from the beginning in all the four install attempts. Anyway, I turn back to the fact that it is very important to turn off user account control if you have the Vista OS, and for those users that don't know that fact maybe it would be useful to be mentioned somewhere in the BWS (I knew about it because of past experiences using the Big World Install.bat in Vista where the same rule applies) :) .

Edit: Okay so i managed to reach the end of my install :D . Yupee! Can't wait to start my new character :D . Everything seemed to work fine but I got an error that I haven't seen before related to a exe file that couldn't be run in Vista 64. In the Big World Debug it says : "Unable to initialize device PRN" and its exactly after:
SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED 'Imoen Romance Add-on Mod BG2:SoA(ToB required!)v1.201'
Unpacking 5242 tiles in AR26MR.tiz to AR26MR.tis

and right before 17. MORE BG2 NPC MODS . Should I expect some game breaking bugs because of this?

Here is my Big World Debug. Edit 2: Yes, it's quite a difference in size with it packed :P :

Attached Files

Edited by dreamer2007, 08 May 2009 - 10:00 PM.

#77 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 09:51 PM

Thanks for your report about the BWS with Vista. I think all your problems depends on it, because on XP the BWS is running fine without your mentioned problems. But you're right. I will add a note for Vista users in the BWS to avoid such problems which you had.

Please could you pack the debug file and upload it anew. If you pack it, the size is much much smaller than 17 MB. You will see. :)

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 08 May 2009 - 09:54 PM.

- Chevalier

#78 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:40 PM

O.K. we found the problem with "NPC Tweak". The mod uses different files- and folder names:

NPCTweak (folder)
setup-npc_tweak.exe
NPC_Tweak.tp2

Just for the record: That's perfectly legal (from WeiDU's perspective), as long as the tp2 resides in the game directory. (i. e. not in NPCTweak folder)

#79 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:56 AM

Taimon, thanks for the information.

I need help

dreamer2007 have had problems to use the BWS with Vista like you can read above. And I think that more user will have problems with it. dreamer2007 suggest a note for that which should be shown if you use the BWS. I'm not a Vista user and have read here and there something about Vista problems. So, it would be very helpful for us all if someone can advice me, what exactly I should write for the BWS.

What must a Vista user do, before he can use the tools of the BWP?

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 09 May 2009 - 12:59 AM.

- Chevalier

#80 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:19 AM

Taimon, thanks for the information.

I need help

dreamer2007 have had problems to use the BWS with Vista like you can read above. And I think that more user will have problems with it. dreamer2007 suggest a note for that which should be shown if you use the BWS. I'm not a Vista user and have read here and there something about Vista problems. So, it would be very helpful for us all if someone can advice me, what exactly I should write for the BWS.

What must a Vista user do, before he can use the tools of the BWP?

Greetings Leomar

I can say what I did to reach a successful install in Vista (except that error I had during the process of installation that is connected with the install.bat not BWS directly- at least I think so- that I mentioned above), maybe this will make things clearer: So first i had to turn off user account control, windows updates (just a precautionary measure) and also windows firewall before running BWS - this info maybe could be put on the first BWS page for Vista users. After the beginning processes in BWS of selecting the type of install, the selection of mods and the downloading, at the unpacking stage I closed the internet connection and the AntiVirus( also it might be a better idea to put a separation between the downloading and the unpacking stages to have time to do this step that seemed essential for me), and I let all these closed until the end of the install. So this was all it was needed to avoid the problems. Aa and of course an install in the program files of BGII should be definitely avoided in Vista like it's known by us Vista users, but maybe would be worth to be mentioned in the BWS. It could save some headache for some future users that don't know these annoying security additions implemented by Vista.

Edited by dreamer2007, 09 May 2009 - 01:27 AM.