• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#1 Snowking

Snowking

Asylum Escapee

• Modder
  • 297 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 08:40 PM

I was wondering what you you have and havn't done yet.
This mod hasn't given us a progress report.

You guys rule! :ph34r:

Current Mods in the Works: The Mazzy Romance Mod

#2 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 09:09 PM

I was wondering what you you have and havn't done yet.
This mod hasn't given us a progress report.

You guys rule! :ph34r:

The regular lovetalks for SoA are tested and functional, and what remains is tweaking, as well as work on Edwin's new quest.

And thank you! :)

#3 Katrina

Katrina

Dark Master

• 56 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 07:35 PM

I'm curious as to what you have in mind for a theme song for Edwin. I can't seem to fathom the right melody which could attune to his sharp wit and poisonous sarcasm.
"Open thy mouth that will swallow us all! Yah, Avoozl, Dark One COME!" ~Katrina of QfGIV

#4 Dancer Fitz

Dancer Fitz

Deputy Manager & some other stuff of Silver Star

• 389 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 12:25 PM

I'm curious as to what you have in mind for a theme song for Edwin. I can't seem to fathom the right melody which could attune to his sharp wit and poisonous sarcasm.

Oh my, very interesting...what would be appropriate there? Gods, what a job. Heh heh heh...I look forward to seeing/hearing what you've got up your sleeve. The Attic stories have been thoroughly entertaining, so I'm sure we won't be disappointed. :P
Yar.
Also a (partially) crazy elf assassin mod
And a romance for two tiefling sisters, among other mods-in-progress

#5 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 02:59 PM

Well, Ophidia has found us one that I think suits very well. We'll see if you agree. :)

#6 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 03:00 PM

I'm curious as to what you have in mind for a theme song for Edwin.  I can't seem to fathom the right melody which could attune to his sharp wit and poisonous sarcasm.

Oh my, very interesting...what would be appropriate there? Gods, what a job. Heh heh heh...I look forward to seeing/hearing what you've got up your sleeve. The Attic stories have been thoroughly entertaining, so I'm sure we won't be disappointed. :P

Glad you like my stories, and I hope you'll like the mod as well. :)

#7 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 12:22 AM

I KNOW!!!

the edwin theme song is "two mages"!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

or the evil aerie torture song...actually that one would be perfect... :P
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#8 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 03:51 AM

I KNOW!!!

the edwin theme song is "two mages"!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

or the evil aerie torture song...actually that one would be perfect... :P

Both are very nice, but actually it's neither. :)

#9 Dancer Fitz

Dancer Fitz

Deputy Manager & some other stuff of Silver Star

• 389 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 04:40 PM

Can you tell us if it's going to be an original import, like Kelsey's theme(at least I think that was an import...), or a theme already in the game, like Solaufein's 'tea and crumpets' diddy? And speaking of sounds...I think I remember some discussion somewhere about a new voice for Edwin(since obviously it'd be kind of hard/expensive/impossible to get the original actor). There are new voice clips, right? Exciting and scary at the same time(if only because it seems a job to top the original Edwin). Any hints? ;)
Yar.
Also a (partially) crazy elf assassin mod
And a romance for two tiefling sisters, among other mods-in-progress

#10 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 07:29 PM

Can you tell us if it's going to be an original import, like Kelsey's theme(at least I think that was an import...), or a theme already in the game, like Solaufein's 'tea and crumpets' diddy? And speaking of sounds...I think I remember some discussion somewhere about a new voice for Edwin(since obviously it'd be kind of hard/expensive/impossible to get the original actor). There are new voice clips, right? Exciting and scary at the same time(if only because it seems a job to top the original Edwin). Any hints? ;)

It's an original theme. :) Actually, it's a snippet of classical music.

And yes, we do still plan to have new voice clips for Edwin, if everything works out. :)

#11 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 11:33 AM

I can't seem to fathom the right melody which could attune to his sharp wit and poisonous sarcasm.

The Edwin's romance theme is rather moody and melancholic (I think it is either Mahler or Bartok). Since Thay is FR equivalent of Eastern Evil Empire, and Eddie has somewhat of a slavic accent it was deemed appropriate to use a eastern european composer. I may add that both 'new' Eddie and his mother will have the same type accent. :P

And the new test release will probably be available by the end of September.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#12 Solle

Solle
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 12:03 PM

The Edwin's romance theme is rather moody and melancholic (I think it is either Mahler or Bartok). Since Thay is FR equivalent of Eastern Evil Empire, and Eddie has somewhat of a slavic accent it was deemed appropriate to use a eastern european composer. I may add that both 'new' Eddie and his mother will have the same type accent. :P

And the new test release will probably be available by the end of September.

I was hoping for the slow part of Khachaturian's piano sonatine... but Mahler or Bartok will be perfect for Eddie too. :)

Lookin' forward to Elvira's accent!

#13 Silverdragon_yunami

Silverdragon_yunami
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 07:30 PM

I may add that both 'new' Eddie and his mother will have the same type accent.  :P

Oh my...You actually found someone who can do an Edwin accent? Is he (or she, you never know), by any chance, single?

An Edwin accent...be still my beating heart...The accent is the best part....Really looking forward to new voice clips!

#14 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 10:10 PM

I may add that both 'new' Eddie and his mother will have the same type accent.  :P

Oh my...You actually found someone who can do an Edwin accent? Is he (or she, you never know), by any chance, single?

An Edwin accent...be still my beating heart...The accent is the best part....Really looking forward to new voice clips!

It's a he. :) I don't think he's single though. ;)

#15 Nirvana

Nirvana
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 06:55 AM

one tiny little question, maybe it is a bit too spoilerish but will edwin have a bit more to say to charname than "ungh, yes my mistress" after being turned into a vampire ?cos it really annoys me ... maybe this question was answered before but i didnt see it so :) argh i am rambling sorry :P

Surrender.

pale like the first snow.
cold as the tempting, tentative touch,
of the shivering frost.

dim like the early morning -
smooth, and sugary,
like the lingering taste of chocolate.

warm, as only a spring morning can be,
delicate like a child's fingers.

surrender.

surrender me.

cool like the blade of a dagger.

copyright © furiae.com

My little corner :)

The Haer'Dalis Romance Mod :) Take a look

#16 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 01:34 PM

one tiny little question, maybe it is a bit too spoilerish but will edwin have a bit more to say to charname than "ungh, yes my mistress" after being turned into a vampire ?cos it really annoys me ... maybe this question was answered before but i didnt see it so :) argh i am rambling sorry :P

Well, his comment is just a little longer than that, by not much. :) See, since he's so completely under Bodhi's control at this point, I figured he couldn't say much.

#17 Nirvana

Nirvana
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 06:20 AM

one tiny little question, maybe it is a bit too spoilerish but will edwin have a bit more to say to charname than "ungh, yes my mistress" after being turned into a vampire ?cos it really annoys me ... maybe this question was answered before but i didnt see it so :) argh i am rambling sorry  :P

Well, his comment is just a little longer than that, by not much. :) See, since he's so completely under Bodhi's control at this point, I figured he couldn't say much.

okay ... thanks :D

Surrender.

of the shivering frost.

smooth, and sugary,

surrender.

surrender me.

copyright © furiae.com

#18 Nirvana

Nirvana
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 06:20 AM

hum ... so anything new with the mod ? :D i eagerly await it *hands twitch* :blink: :ph34r:

Surrender.

of the shivering frost.

smooth, and sugary,

surrender.

surrender me.

copyright © furiae.com

#19 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 10:19 AM

hum ... so anything new with the mod ? :D i eagerly await it *hands twitch* :blink: :ph34r:

We're working on it, I promise. :) The next version should soon be available for beta testing, just as soon as some tricky scripts work as they should. I'm afraid I still can't say any release date though...

#20 Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 07:38 PM

Oh, good!

::waits::

::waits some more::

Are you done yet!?

How about now?

How about now?

How about now?

How about now?