• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Mistress Elysia

Mistress Elysia

Officially a Dirty Old Woman

• Modder
  • 575 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:00 AM

I have to say that I drew Fade's portrait a hell of a long time ago - I've painted Fade a few more times since then and so I have converted two of them to portraits.

However, this thread isn't just for my portraits - I know that some of you have made your own portraits, and I would a) love to see them and b) create a nice resource for people who like to have a choice in these matters. So if you have made a new Fade portrait and wish to share it, please post away!

Posted Image
(original painting HERE)

Posted Image
(original painting HERE)

Posted Image
(original painting HERE. This is an older one that I'm not so fond of...)

I also have THIS PAINTING but it doesn't make a very good portrait...

The Timely Resurrection of Fade!
Mistress Elysia's fantasy artwork.
Where Darkness Resides: A Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark fanfic

I want to live, I want to experience the universe and I want to eat pie.

"Oh, little ice cream friends! Thog delays boredom-driven rampage only for you!"

#2 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:17 AM

Last one is just... genius! :)

#3 Vall

Vall
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:53 PM

The first one is awesome

#4 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:20 PM

I think the second is actually my favorite.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#5 kiwimike

kiwimike
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:50 AM

They're all well done but the third would probably be my favourite, might have to use that in future.

Edited by kiwimike, 22 May 2009 - 03:55 AM.

#6 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:32 AM

Agreed on the third one. It seems closest to the BioWare style (could probably still use a bit of tweaking toward that end). It's also the cutest one, imho. I'd use that one before the other two, maybe even the default.
(I like parentheses.)

#7 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:37 AM

First one is my favorite, all are good, and all 3 are better than the default pic IMHO.

Welcome back, btw :) Never met you back then, but I'm sorta a new kid (well, almost a year now, but still) around here. Haven't yet motivated to play a full BG2 game with an NPC mod, but I probably came closest to doing so with Fade (Amber being my other temptation ;), and only held off Fade cause of lack of ToB content. Will -definitely- play through with her when that's all done! :)

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 23 May 2009 - 06:47 AM.

#8 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:50 AM

I like the thir one best, and I think it blends better with BioWare than the default portrait. The second is nice, too, but the first one is a bit... well, she looks kind of like she's had enhancement surgery.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#9 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:58 AM

Number 3 is the new portrait of my favourite Tiefling.
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#10 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:23 AM

The second is nice, too, but the first one is a bit... well, she looks kind of like she's had enhancement surgery.

Your point being?

You sorta said that like it's a -bad- thing... ???

:lol2: C'mon! You know -someone- was gonna say it....

Qwinn

#11 Mistress Elysia

Mistress Elysia

Officially a Dirty Old Woman

• Modder
  • 575 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:16 AM

Thanks, everyone! :hug:

I like the thir one best, and I think it blends better with BioWare than the default portrait. The second is nice, too, but the first one is a bit... well, she looks kind of like she's had enhancement surgery.

*nods* I know what you mean - unfortunately, none of these are dedicated portraits, and so they aren't perfect for the job. Eventually, I will probably digitally repaint this picture to be Fade (heh, I am better with traditional media over digital, so I bet I screw it up...), but I can't do that until my house renovation are finished (just the bathroom to go now!) and my PC is unpacked again - although I do have Gimp2 on this laptop (I have Photoshop on my PC), my lovely wacom tablet is - you guessed it! - packed away with my PC... bah!

If I get time, I'll probably repaint the third portrait again as well... I've got a bunch of things I want to do, so I might as well! :D

The Timely Resurrection of Fade!
Mistress Elysia's fantasy artwork.
Where Darkness Resides: A Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark fanfic

I want to live, I want to experience the universe and I want to eat pie.

"Oh, little ice cream friends! Thog delays boredom-driven rampage only for you!"

#12 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:34 PM

Wow, that picture looks like Angelina Jolie after plastic surgery.

That's a good thing! :D

#13 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:41 AM

I vote for number 1!

#14 Bane

Bane

Grand Master Noober

• 1472 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:34 AM

My God, I just love all the artwork.

Will re-install BGII tonight :).
Power for the Keep, Power for the Zhentarim!

Defy me and die!

Posted Image

#15 Pandæmonium

Pandæmonium
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:18 AM

I like the third one. Fade looks a little less hard-faced, I think.
The worst person ever.

#16 Rodman49

Rodman49
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:45 AM

Here is the one I used, I think its from another thread on these forums right here. I slightly altered the small version for better head ratio. I think it fits in very well with the BG2 portraits.

Attached Files

#17 -Lylana-

-Lylana-

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:17 PM

Heh, I actually resized your Shadow Thief picture a little while back to make a portrait (haven't shown it anywhere, though, because I'm cautious about redistributing artists' work). I'm still very attached to the other one, but I use this one sometimes.

Posted Image

#18 LightStorm

LightStorm
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:28 AM

number one is my fave has a real Mistress look about her :)

Edited by LightStorm, 13 July 2009 - 12:29 AM.

#19 Raiha

Raiha

androgynous starchild

• 50 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 11:16 PM

I hope this doesn't count as thread-necromancy but I really didn't want to start a new topic just for this.

In this post by Rodman49 there was an excellent alt. portrait that sadly only lacked a few details to really 'be' Fade.

Allow me to add the detail.

Props of course go to the original artist, then Pandaemonium for finding/cropping the pic, then Rodman49 for the ears, and then yours truly for the hair and tattoos.

Hope she helps somebody besides me.

Attached Images

• Fade.png

In Progress
Dravin - NPC for BG2 SoA/ToB

Contributing to:
Fiars
Yvette

#20 Pandæmonium

Pandæmonium
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:20 AM

Oh hey I like the addition of the tats. That'll be my new Fade portrait for sure.
The worst person ever.