Version 1.2

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:38 AM

What happened to v1.1 you ask? Well, it was an internal version that was extensively tested by me and my staff (an alien race I have enslaved for this purpose) , but was never released because v1.2 came along. There are a couple of significant changes in this version:
  • I'm happy to announce 1280x720 support. Now, all you LCDTV users can enjoy Torment in all it's glory with the correct aspect ratio :)

• Secondly, I've made some changes and improvements with the bigger fonts.
    On one hand the size of the in-game floating text is now is now increasing when you install one of the bigger fonts:
    Posted Image

On the other hand, the 30% bigger fonts are much cleared now, and for the 50% bigger fonts I'm now using the in-game floating text fonts (instead of the BG2 fonts I was using previosuly) Ithink they look much better now.
    Posted Image

I'm recommending the 30% bigger fonts for widescreen users that want a bigger font. The 50% bigger fonts are better for the 1280x1024 resolution in 19'' or smaller, screens. I'm currently using the 30%fonts and reading text in my 22' monitor is much easier now.

• As you can see, I've also changed the dialog window. Now the text is displayed in the center and the background has been revamped accordingly.
For the rest of the changes check the version thread.

Edited by ghostdog, 19 August 2009 - 06:21 AM.

#2 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:51 AM

Dayum, nice work on the fonts! I'll be honest, even though it was causing eye strain, the last version's bigger fonts were too messy, I didn't use 'em. These look excellent though, every bit as high quality as the original, the 30% in particular. Again, great work!

Qwinn

#3 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:59 AM

Thanks for the support! If you install the new fonts , tell me what you think.

#4 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:18 AM

P.S. Centering dialogue = excellent. It was really annoying having to go alllll the way right for "Click For More", and alllll the way left to get back to the dialogue.

Qwinn

#5 rtr86

rtr86
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:48 AM

Great, great work. I never realized a new version was due to be released this soon. Will definitely install asap,

Many thanks ghostdog!

#6 ThunderPeel2001

ThunderPeel2001
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:35 PM

Awesome! For anyone interested, I've put together a comprehensive guide on installing Planescape: Torment and all the mods... I hope it's useful to someone! (Please send me any corrections!)

http://thunderpeel20...lly-modded.html

#7 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 04:54 AM

It's an excellent guide, I'm sure it will help many people. :)

#8 scient

scient
  • Modder
  • 1010 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:24 PM

edit: nm

Edited by scient, 01 July 2009 - 01:29 PM.

Those interested in the classic TBS game Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri / Alien Crossover should check out the unofficial patch I work on here.