Is there any way to get to North Wood?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:12 AM

I have a problem with accessing North Wood. Neither Haeball nor demons reveal this location in the dialogue, and it's impossible to travel north from Wood of the Dead location, which is apparently the only area that's near of North Forest and could, perhaps, reveal it by simply wolking to area's border. Needless to say that exiting from any other surrounding areas in any possible directions didn't reveal North Forest as well.

I'm playing NTotSC as a part of Big World Project but I believe it's some internal NTotSC problem, not an incompatibility issue, so I'd like to ask here first: what is the standard way in stock Northern Tales of revealing this location?

Edited by Creepin, 28 May 2009 - 09:16 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#2 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:30 PM

I have a problem with accessing North Wood. Neither Haeball nor demons reveal this location in the dialogue, and it's impossible to travel north from Wood of the Dead location, which is apparently the only area that's near of North Forest and could, perhaps, reveal it by simply wolking to area's border. Needless to say that exiting from any other surrounding areas in any possible directions didn't reveal North Forest as well.

I'm playing NTotSC as a part of Big World Project but I believe it's some internal NTotSC problem, not an incompatibility issue, so I'd like to ask here first: what is the standard way in stock Northern Tales of revealing this location?

From the Wood of the Dead, travel to the north east border with the stream coming into the area. North Wood should be reachable then. If you aren't running Revised Travel Time component of BP-BGT_Worldmap copy BP-BGT_Worldmap/Revised/BMP/NTotSC/ar01pbsr.bmp to your override folder.

Re-Edit <_< That won't totally work either if you are running the original travel times component. in order to make that work properly you would also need to change BP-BGT_Worldmap/Original/tbl/updates/NTotSC_areas.tbl and change the FLAG to 2, then save and close the file and uninstall back to Worldmap, rename your BP-BGT_Worldmap/dialog.wm6 file to dialog.tlk, cut and paste that file to your game directory, choosing overwrite, then re-install worldmap running your saved game converter and any other following mods in order to the end of your install. Then it should appear normally. I'll be changing that for the next release as well.

Edited by erebusant, 28 May 2009 - 07:40 PM.

It takes a village...

#3 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:49 PM

Thanks for the detailed reply erebusant!
Actually I tried to exit Wood of the Dead from the point with the stream you mentioned as it seems logical enough indeed, but trawel cursor simply didn't appear to me. So it's Worldmap issue, not NTotSC one, I see. Thanks god I just CLUAed there because reinstalling anything isn't such an appealing idea given that I wasted whole day setting up BWP with 1/3 of it because of my borked attempt of reinstalling a mod :whistling:

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)