Photo

Questions about a 16:9 1920x1080 res version :)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Asceran

Asceran
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:05 PM

Hello :)

first off, I want to say thanks to Ghostdog for his great UI mod!

Now, to my question. :) I recently bought a new Monitor, and so I was wondering if they are plans to support higher resolutions than 1280xXXX as well. My monitor is a 16:9 display with a native resolution of 1920x1080 pixels. Everything below that will be stretched to the max display size, or resized while preserving the aspect ratio, depending on the settings.
Although the resizers of the monitor and, if I enable it, that of the GPU are working pretty good, the upscaled picture doesnt look that sharp anymore. So I was wondering if you are planning something like that. :)

Thanks for reading this and keep up the good work. :)

Edited by Asceran, 01 June 2009 - 10:10 PM.

#2 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:17 AM

There may be support for higher resolutions in the future, but I can't promise anything right now :)

#3 Asceran

Asceran
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:09 AM

Well, we will have to wait and see then. :)

Good thing you added the 30% and 50% larger fonts to the UI Mod, as I just found out, the original fonts are looking way too blury if resized. :D

Edited by Asceran, 05 June 2009 - 02:20 PM.

#4 Asceran

Asceran
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:21 PM

I would appriciate some help with this one, if I want to start PsT in windowed mode it says:
Posted Image

This error is weird, I guess its releated to the UI (chUIControls.cpp) but the path is odd - it's the wrong installation path.

Edited by Asceran, 05 June 2009 - 02:22 PM.

#5 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:25 PM

I would appriciate some help with this one, if I want to start PsT in windowed mode it says:
Posted Image

This error is weird, I guess its releated to the UI (chUIControls.cpp) but the path is odd - it's the wrong installation path.

This isn't an error from the UI. It's a known issue of the widescreen mod. It's mentioned in the WSmod readme that PST cannot be forced to run in window when using the WSmod.

Edited by ghostdog, 05 June 2009 - 03:25 PM.

#6 Asceran

Asceran
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:53 AM

Thanks a lot, I'Ve read the read me's of every mod I installed but it looks like I skipped that one. Oh well. Again, thanks for your help Ghostdog.

Amazing how people like Ghostdog and Qwinn help to keep PsT alive almost a decade after the game's release :D /me off to gaming

Edited by Asceran, 06 June 2009 - 10:55 AM.

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 14 July 2009 - 03:27 AM

Thanks for the time and effort you put into making this mod.

You can add me to the list of people eagerly awaiting the higher res UI mod. :)

In my case I am keeping my fingers crossed for 1920x1200 res. (My LCD native res)

Keep up the good work. :cheers:

#8 -ooze-

-ooze-

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:19 PM

Thanks for the time and effort you put into making this mod.

You can add me to the list of people eagerly awaiting the higher res UI mod. :)

In my case I am keeping my fingers crossed for 1920x1200 res. (My LCD native res)

Keep up the good work. :cheers:

I'd also appreciate an 1920x1200 option. I just finished installing PS:T on Windows 7 plus all important mods. I never played this game before, and now I'm pondering if I should wait for a new version of this mod :) Any hints in this direction?

#9 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:19 PM

I'd also appreciate an 1920x1200 option. I just finished installing PS:T on Windows 7 plus all important mods. I never played this game before, and now I'm pondering if I should wait for a new version of this mod :) Any hints in this direction?

Don't wait , play it with now the 1280x1024 resolution. I can't make any promises and if I release a new version at some point you can always replay it, since PST is a game you come back to ;)