TotSC
DSotSC
NTotSC
The Gray Clan 1
Sirines Call
BG1 Unfinished Business
Saverok has been killed

After Saverok died, the movies played.

I am still in the Baldur's Gate Undercity and was not taken to SOA.

Can any one help? What do I do now? What did I do wrong? I stripped Saverok of all his protections with a "Ruby Ray of Reversal" spell and he was easy to kill. He probably took 40 to 60 hit points of damage on the last strike as multiple characters hit him with good weapons at the same time. Was this too much?

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can offer.

I tried searching, but all my searches replied with nothing found or the an error had occurred.

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 13 June 2009 - 06:57 AM.

#2 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:28 AM

Hi;

I started a new BGT game and have completed the following:

BG1
Bone Hill
TotSC
DSotSC
NTotSC
The Gray Clan 1
Sirines Call
BG1 Unfinished Business
Saverok has been killed

After Saverok died, the movies played.

I am still in the Baldur's Gate Undercity and was not taken to SOA.

Can any one help? What do I do now? What did I do wrong? I stripped Saverok of all his protections with a "Ruby Ray of Reversal" spell and he was easy to kill. He probably took 40 to 60 hit points of damage on the last strike as multiple characters hit him with good weapons at the same time. Was this too much?

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can offer.

I tried searching, but all my searches replied with nothing found or the an error had occurred.

Tom

You need to go back and talk with Belt in the Duchal Palace...

It takes a village...

#3 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:46 AM

Hi erebusant:

Thank you for the very fast reply.

I am off to Belt.

Tom

#4 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:18 PM

After Sarevok died, did you get any white text over your character, in the dialogue box, and a journal entry?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#5 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:58 PM

After Sarevok died, did you get any white text over your character, in the dialogue box, and a journal entry?

Hi Ascension64:

After Saverok died I did not get any white text. The previous time (with earlier versions of mods) I got taken directly to SOA after he died. Going to Belt was a first for me. But it did work and it added to the story line.

Tom

#6 -Rascar-

-Rascar-

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:04 AM

Excuse me for resurrecting such an old thread, but I'm having some problems at this part of the game. I've killed Sarevok and headed back to Belt, but for some reason after he teleports me I just see three people standing in a forest of some sort and nothing happens. I imagine my party is supposed to be teleported to this location but it isn't happening. Any idea how I could fix this?

#7 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:22 PM

Could you post your saved game and the contents of your WeiDU.log please?

By any chance, did you upgrade to BGT version 1.08 and continue a saved game from BGT version 1.07 or earlier? This is a big no, no, and is very likely to stuff a game up, particularly at the transition.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#8 -Rascar-

-Rascar-

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:38 PM

I did not start my game on an earlier version of BGT. You can find my saved game here.

This is what my WeiDU.log says (if I have the correct one):

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #1 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core: 1.08 (19 Oct 09)
~SETUP-BGTMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Music -> Hybrid Baldur's Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal Music

#9 -Rascar-

-Rascar-

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:43 PM

The site I originally uploaded the saved game to is kind of crappy so if it doesn't work try this one: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IQI5O29U

#10 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:40 AM

Thanks, I'll have a look at it.

--------------
Retired Modder

#11 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:40 PM

Rascar, try putting the following file in your override, go through the transition again, and let me know if it works.
Journal entries might not be removed with this quick fix - and some of the dialogue might be funny in the transition.

Attached Files

Edited by Ascension64, 30 October 2009 - 10:40 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#12 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:35 AM

Asc64,

does the current version have that issue?

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#13 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:44 AM

Asc64,

mm75

Yes, 19 Oct is the current version as at the time of this post, but that won't be soon because I am uploading an update to fix this issue.

Edited by Ascension64, 31 October 2009 - 01:49 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#14 Rascar

Rascar
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 03:10 AM

Rascar, try putting the following file in your override, go through the transition again, and let me know if it works.
Journal entries might not be removed with this quick fix - and some of the dialogue might be funny in the transition.

I just tried this and it worked. Thanks a lot for the help, I appreciate it. :hug:

#15 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 02:52 PM

Asc64,

mm75

Yes, 19 Oct is the current version as at the time of this post, but that won't be soon because I am uploading an update to fix this issue.

k ... what should we do with current games? Should we use the previous attached file as well?

Tx :)

mm75

#16 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:21 PM

Use this one instead. The above one does work, but this one is the one that would be installed in a vanilla setting with the 31 Oct 09 release. Please note that if you use this method, not all journal entries will be removed properly (depending on your install), familiar importation will not work, and the cutscene might have some funny text in it.

Attached Files

Edited by Ascension64, 31 October 2009 - 06:23 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#17 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 01:53 AM

Use this one instead. The above one does work, but this one is the one that would be installed in a vanilla setting with the 31 Oct 09 release. Please note that if you use this method, not all journal entries will be removed properly (depending on your install), familiar importation will not work, and the cutscene might have some funny text in it.

Agh ... i'm playing a sorcerer with a familiar (a new one made by me :P). Should i re-install everything?

mm75

#18 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:07 AM

Agh ... i'm playing a sorcerer with a familiar (a new one made by me :P). Should i re-install everything?

mm75

Any chance of losing the familiar before the transition? Putting it away won't work.
Otherwise, you can edit AR0602.BCS and change every instance of Global("MeetOldenFriends","GLOBAL",x) where the x=10 to x=15.

--------------
Retired Modder

#19 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:16 AM

Any chance of losing the familiar before the transition? Putting it away won't work.
Otherwise, you can edit AR0602.BCS and change every instance of Global("MeetOldenFriends","GLOBAL",x) where the x=10 to x=15.

Great, definitely better than re-installing :) Thanks a lot, i'll do that :cheers:

mm75

#20 tiger_ace

tiger_ace
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:43 PM

I've got the same problem but my BGT WeiDU version is 1.05b, and the two fix didn't work in my game.
Is there any possible to release a fix for 1.05b? Thank you.