Photo

Question about adding a mod

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 inexorable

inexorable
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 05:43 PM

Sorry if this has been answered but I couldn't find it anywhere... and I'm not all that knowledgeable about this type of thing.

So, I've installed all the mods I wanted using the BWS... and its all working great.

But now I decide I want to add a mod I forgot about and meant to add... How would I go about doing this?

Do I just download the mod I want to add, extract to my SOA directory and activate the weidu set up?

Will it arrange it in the right order or is there another way of doing this without re-installing everything with the BWS again?

Thanks for any help.

#2 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 10:07 PM

Depends on the mod, but in most cases you cannot add mods that easy after you ran the BiG World Install-batch. If no files are overwritten or affected by other mods, you may be lucky. So tell the guys here what you want to do, your current weidu.log and they may be able to help.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:06 AM

So, I've installed all the mods I wanted using the BWS... But now I decide I want to add a mod I forgot about and meant to add... How would I go about doing this?

Well, if you did the usual preset selection, you go about it by manually uninstalling the Generalized Biffing and any other mod installed after that(open up the WeiDU.log with Notepad and see what was installed, start from the bottom), then you install only the mod component you want to install, and if the BiG World Install.bat has installed any component of the mod, avoid it like a plague and skip it with S.

Do I just download the mod I want to add, extract to my SOA directory and activate the weidu set up?

Yes, if you do not already have the files in the game directory... you activate the WeiDU setup by just starting the setup-*modname*.exe the mod came with.

Will it arrange it in the right order or is there another way of doing this without re-installing everything with the BWS again?

NO! The order is regulated by first started, first served... so that's why we have the BiG World Install.bat, as it just starts the setup-*modname*.exe'es in the right order and makes a few choices.

And remember that when you have done the manual changes, and the game works somewhat right(make a backup :devil: ) you should rerun the setup-generalized_biffing.exe, and install it.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.