I think I'm done with dialogues now...

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 07:36 PM

Just a heads up to let you know that I think that I'm fairly done with dialogues now for Tashia. I have quite a few up, and when and if Maus gets time, these could be incorporated.

I will still work on making a near death one for the MainChar for you Uriel, but right this weekend, I'm taking a mental break from Tashia.

Also, if I get the inspiration for a Sorcerer and Barbarian dialogues, I will construct them...and while I have an idea or two...once again, I'm mentally done :)

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#2 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 01:23 AM

Which means you'll have the patch finished on Monday? :D

#3 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 05:40 AM

Which means you'll have the patch finished on Monday?  :D

LOL

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#4 Uriel

Uriel
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 01:25 PM

I will still work on making a near death one for the MainChar for you Uriel, but right this weekend, I'm taking a mental break from Tashia.

Hey, I'm touched :)

Seriously though, good, nay, great job on the dialogues, and I don't mind waiting for the improved Tashia mod, I'm a patient person, I think.

Uriel

#5 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 02:00 PM

Hear, hear. :D

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#6 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 07:05 PM

Heh, thanks guys.

Now for a slight break before I start in earnest for Delainy...

#7 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 08:29 PM

Now for a slight break before I start in earnest for Delainy...

Woo hoo!

Just as an update, I'm through ~16 out of 70 pages of the Tashia dialogues. I should've gone to hardcopy much sooner; I'm just a low-tech editor. :P

____

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#8 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 08:42 PM

Okay thanks, and then when you are done the editing shall be done for the most part.

I told you that it exceeded 70 pages typed :) And that's not including all the Tashia-Class banters you finished earlier...some of those are quite lengthy as you saw

#9 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 12:41 AM

OMG...so the improved tashia mod essentially is a complete redo of the original tashia that we all know and love...and frankly is still in my hard drive...

this is going to be much anticipated and waited for...especially those of us who have looked thru your absolutely excellent dialog writeups...

whoo hooo...

when released, my kensai sorceror cleric and tashia are going to have some major fun... :lol: :lol: :lol:
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#10 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 02:58 AM

OMG...so the improved tashia mod essentially is a complete redo of the original tashia that we all know and love...and frankly is still in my hard drive...

So it seems, yes... I actually just started replaying but quit that once I heard the patch is coming up (in about a month, anyway).

when released, my kensai sorceror cleric and tashia are going to have some major fun...  

Loool... I've heard of your specialization in cheezyness UU, but a Kensai/Sorcerer/Cleric ? How the hell did you manage that? :)

#11 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 06:31 AM

Never underestimate the power of SK! :blink:

And completely OT, but UserUnfriendly: the illithid Kitty-chan is a fantastic avatar.

____

#12 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 08:38 AM

So it seems, yes... I actually just started replaying but quit that once I heard the patch is coming up (in about a month, anyway).

Loool... I've heard of your specialization in cheezyness UU, but a Kensai/Sorcerer/Cleric ? How the hell did you manage that? :)

Just a brief reply to Lord Ernie in that I don't know how long it will take for this new part for Tashia to be incorporated.

All the essential dialogues I have planned are done (and in the process of being edited for grammar, getting rid of ellipses, and such) and then awaits Maus when he gets back and decide what to do.

And some areas, if these go successfully that will still need some fine tuning is like the place for Tashia's romance item, and for its upgrades.

Of course, Maus is also busy at the moment (real life don't you know) and I'm slowly learning my way around WeiDu but not enough to do any work on Tashia myself (plus with living on a farm, going to college tomorrow, etc.) my time is going to be curtailed, but these changes will be implemented, but I won't go out on a limb and say "They will be done in X months."

There are finally a couple of other things I wish to do, but I need a slight break from Tashia as it were.

For example, I still would like to finish a death cry for a wounded NPC (waves at Uriel), and a Barbarian and a Sorcerer dialogue (for completeness sake).

Then if these go over well, and it is possible, include new riddles (there is a separate thread there...and if people wish to guess, go right ahead, but that is going to be a bit for riddles to just include that aren't in a dialogue) and some new flirts...but that would be later.

#13 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 08:47 AM

this is going to be much anticipated and waited for...especially those of us who have looked thru your absolutely excellent dialog writeups...

whoo hooo...

when released, my kensai sorceror cleric and tashia are going to have some major fun... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Excellent Katchulu avatar Userunfriendly. Perchance you ever played the game Toon with their Call of Cthulu variant?

Anyways, Tashia is not so much going for a complete redo since we are going to keep all the original features like most of the dialogues and encounters she has. However, we do intend to expand on the options she has...I mean, I felt a bit disappointed that after she said she loved you, that was it.

And one thing I am a bit proud of is thinking of at least one new dialogue for each NPC. I may expand that in the future, but I'm working on a Delainy werewolf module as well...in addition to the limits on my time I posted above to Lord Ernie.

Heh, Tashia was the first module I downloaded, and liked her a lot (well, except for the portrait but that is a personal preference ;-) ).

And thanks for the compliment on the quality. I figured that if I was going to do something like this, I might as well try my best.

Oh, and one thing if we are able to do flirts in the ToB section is that I would love to allow an option for the flirt pack to allow the MainChar to pop "THE QUESTION" to Tashia.

"Tashia, my love, there is something I've been dying to ask you...and well, who knows what may happen during the battle to come..."

"Of course, honey-dumpling, what did you wish to ask?"

"Sugar, what do you think...Boxers or Briefs?"

*goes running for cover*

#14 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 11:00 PM

"Loool... I've heard of your specialization in cheezyness UU, but a Kensai/Sorcerer/Cleric ? How the hell did you manage that?"

its actually quite simple, and easy...make a pure kensai, elven or half elven...add use any item ability, then level up using console commands until you're happy...

then sk to conjuror/cleric, and add the innate ability "rest"...change attacks per round to match the attacks per round of the kensai, and there you have it...

its not quite a perfect sorc/cleric, but by clicking on the ability "rest" you instantly rememorize all your spells...can be cast during battle, allows you to infinitly customize your spelltables for any battle, on the fly...better in many ways than even my normal kensai sorceress...(enhanced)

(I took my creation of a kensai sorceress to obscene levels...timestop immunity, wing buffet immunity, and perminent g acuity...it just got to be too much :D :D )

"Excellent Katchulu avatar Userunfriendly. Perchance you ever played the game Toon with their Call of Cthulu variant?"

urm...ever heard of "hello cthulhu"???

what happens if the lovecraft god of madness and demons got trapped in the sanryo world of hello kitty???

the site is down, right now, so I can't post a link to it, but I love that series and have actually written fanfic about it, called

"hello cthulhu"

about hello cthulhu being the alter ego of a bhaalspawn...

23 episodes posted in the attic, gamejag.com in the novella section...
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#15 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 07:24 AM

Anyways, Tashia is not so much going for a complete redo since we are going to keep all the original features like most of the dialogues and encounters she has. However, we do intend to expand on the options she has...I mean, I felt a bit disappointed that after she said she loved you, that was it.

That's actually what disappointed me most about this mod... First of all: there's no other dialogue then (something in the lines of): "I love you, and hope you love me" at the end; second: that one comes (apart from the rescuing, of course) quite out of the blue. There hasn't been even a hint that she's interested, other then talking about her riddles and all that. If I recall well from your new dialogues, you're doing something about both points, plus adding some in ToB... So:

And thanks for the compliment on the quality. I figured that if I was going to do something like this, I might as well try my best.

I couldn't agree more. Quality over speed, anytime... I'll probably play it, even if it's released at the end of 2004 or so :)

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#16 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 07:52 AM

Hmm...okay Hello Cthulu based on the Hello Kitty bit...makes sense :)

The only real parody I knew of there was the Pokethulu idea (Pokemon and Cthulu...makes sense...brainwashing kids by the millions...)

That's actually what disappointed me most about this mod... First of all: there's no other dialogue then (something in the lines of): "I love you, and hope you love me" at the end; second: that one comes (apart from the rescuing, of course) quite out of the blue. There hasn't been even a hint that she's interested, other then talking about her riddles and all that. If I recall well from your new dialogues, you're doing something about both points, plus adding some in ToB... So:

Exactly. That's why, even if the dialogues aren't in order, there was an Underdark, Spellhold, and Brynnlaw bit for a slight transition where at least in the back of Tashia's mind she is showing interest in the main character.

And yes, there are easily 4 new dialogues for ToB (One of them I'm particularly proud of...the one after you defeat Abizigal).

I couldn't agree more. Quality over speed, anytime... I'll probably play it, even if it's released at the end of 2004 or so

That is one of the reasons I made the dialogues public...so that people wouldn't be too surprised, and if they had comments, or additions or such, then it could be made. I mean, its one thing to keep bits hidden on one's own module, but where this was Arian's originally, I didn't want people to be too dissatisfied with my offerings.

#17 Uriel

Uriel
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 09:47 AM

Loool... I've heard of your specialization in cheezyness UU, but a Kensai/Sorcerer/Cleric ? How the hell did you manage that?  :)

Of course, Maus is also busy at the moment (real life don't
For example, I still would like to finish a death cry for a wounded NPC (waves at Uriel), and a Barbarian and a Sorcerer dialogue (for completeness sake).

Hehe, I'm still here, I'm currently playing BGII again with a Hammerite character who is with Aerie, not with Tash. I've a Cleric/Ranger from BG1 in "storage" awaiting the improved Tashia mod.

Take your time on this. Quality over quickness, I'd say.

#18 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 11:24 AM

Heh, well, as I said, with the time off, it also gives me some time to recuperate to do the last couple of tentative dialogues mentioned before :)

And yeah, having someone in storage is nice...especially if its a wizard with all the spells....

#19 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 12:36 PM

My mistake! I saw the tentacles and assumed it was a mind flayer. Ah, the shame. <_<

Some random Hello Hitty knowledge: in Japan, Hello Kitty is simply known as Kitty-chan. As a slang term, a Kitty-chan is a call girl, and they tend to have Sanrio stuff to designate themselves as such. I guess it's more comfortable than short skirts and high heels...

And now for something completely different: I'm about halfway through on the first editing pass.

____

#20 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 01:02 PM

My mistake! I saw the tentacles and assumed it was a mind flayer. Ah, the shame. <_<

Some random Hello Hitty knowledge: in Japan, Hello Kitty is simply known as Kitty-chan. As a slang term, a Kitty-chan is a call girl, and they tend to have Sanrio stuff to designate themselves as such. I guess it's more comfortable than short skirts and high heels...

And now for something completely different: I'm about halfway through on the first editing pass.

What can I say, I like the idea of a lady being dressed up as a kat better than I do a rabbit...I mean, can you imagine a guy? They couldn't pull it off...

Heh, and back on topic:
Okay Camdawg, but as I said, take your time. There is no major rush on this...

And I am actually getting the motivation to do a barbarian one (with a special set for your request) and a sorcerer one. (Not forgotten the death cry one either, Uriel :) ).

So, for those riddles I posted so far, will they do? For expansion, I mean....