Fixes for the BiG fixpack

• Please log in to reply
1025 replies to this topic

#801 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

Special note about Kivan and Tashia, I don't think their blocks worked proper even before the patch because they replaced the wrong values for TRUECLASS and BARBARIAN :unsure: (is hopefully fixed now ^_^)

Hmm, if you think about it... this needs to be fixed just once, at the very last mod... the reason is of course that as the .ids file is the reference the kit gets from the game... as it's planted on the character during the kits implementation to the game file. So actually we could just make the BWP fixpack do this and leave the mods alone...
Teh bastart approach... anyways, the game needs to be restarted after this fix is applied, as the Wildmages won't be wild mages after it if you don't restart the game as one. Of course this approach will make the NPC wildmages not so existent(Worgas & Zaiya ). :D

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 23 October 2012 - 11:14 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#802 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

Refinements does a pretty awesome job of fixing a borked KIT.IDS :P Problem is, it's not the last mod that alters the KIT.iDS in the BWP load order (hence probably why the bigg reported to only Aurora and L1NPCs)

There's also the thing that not everyone has refinements in their installs :D (ok maybe that just applies to me :lol:)

And since the design philosophy for the BWP is that every combination of (mega)mods is possible (with the obligatory BG2Fixpack, BGT and ToBEx) fixing them at the source is probably the best option ^_^

As for restarting, these fixes are applied during the installation of the BWP so it's kinda given that people start a new toon :lol:

(I'm actually concerned that Let's Play dude might hit this bug though :unsure: Is he on ToBex?)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#803 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:22 PM

(I'm actually concerned that Let's Play dude might hit this bug though :unsure: Is he on ToBex?)

If he hasn't already, then he won't... Cause he's save uses the kit.ids file that was in file when he started and if he is a wild mage, well, he will be a wildmage for the rest of it's file existence. Well, that is if you don't change the game engine(as you need to in the Tutu'es, which basically screws up the whole continuity factor in it... part of the reason why the BGT is better).

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 23 October 2012 - 11:30 PM.

#804 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:20 AM

Pardon for the break!!! :)

Lollorian, when you want can you take a look to the following spell?? It is work well for you?

Attached File  SPPR427.SPL   586bytes   192 downloads

Edited by ilot, 24 October 2012 - 01:22 AM.

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#805 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:58 AM

In my game, that spell's the Cloud of Pestilence spell from TDD and fortunately, Viconia already had it in her spellbook so it was easy to check :P

Yeah it works for me... but I'd like to know what you think the problem is first :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#806 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:11 AM

You are right!

Here is the problem (I'm not sure if there are a very problem indeed, but I asked for to be safe ...) :)

http://www.shsforums...-of-pestilence/

...I sent you a PM, have you read it? :whistling:

Edited by ilot, 24 October 2012 - 03:16 AM.

#807 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:16 AM

Yup there's a problem with that script alright :D Its ChangeAIScript() should target the SPECIFICS instead of the OVERRIDE (because the spell adds the script into the SPECIFICS)

Well that should fix the override nulling (in theory atleast) :P

Now the bigger problem is the 2 spells that are supposed to prevent the stats from going below 3 - which could be better implemented using an ApplySpell(() instead of the SpellNoDec() (prevents chars from actually having the casting animations)... also the choice of spells could be better, Cat's Grace and Bull's Strength both randomly grant a 1-X points bonus, when SPPR427.SPL itself deducts 3 points every round. which will still kill the chars in the spell radius (and give no XP :()

And also, those CheckStatLT's should check for 4 or less, not 3 or less :P

Imho, this is too much work just to prevent XP wastage though :unsure: The spell works as is nicely, and only doesn't give XP if the creatures in the spell radius remain inside for more than 6 rounds (which means insta-death by Illithid brain drainage... or whatever equivalent applies to STR and DEX :P)

#808 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:40 AM

It seems to be better not use "Cloud of Pestilence spell", right?

Edited by ilot, 24 October 2012 - 07:42 AM.

#809 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

If the spell in your game is the one that you attached, it's not harmful :) You can safely use it... TO KILL!!! :devil:

The problem happens when it tries to change the AI script to PWPESTIL.BCS (the spell you attached changes it to BPPESTIL.BCS :P - which doesn't exist and will not do anything in-game)

#810 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

Yes, my "Cloud of Pestilence" spell is the one that i attached, I'll have not problem to use it then? :devil:

#811 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:24 AM

Nope, no problems ^_^

#812 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

NTotSC's AR51PB rest spawn problem
Fix: attached there :P

#813 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

Couple of stuff ^_^

IWD Items needs some work to prevent an engine quirk :P (install it right after the mod)

InfinityAnimations doesn't apply the White Abishai animation proper
Fix: here

Some more assorted item fixes thanks to ilot :D

HALFEET.ITM
- Overhauled the invisibility effect to something normal (duration = 3600, timng mode = instant/limited) and added fluff invisibility string, visual and sound effects :)

CMS1H07.ITM
- Should provide +10 HP now as per descrip
CMSTAF01.ITM
- Has a 3% more chance of petrification as per descrip (it said 25% but actually had 22% :lol:)

Attached Files

#814 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

ilot reported this as well :cheers:

Alex Macintosh's PIERCEP.ITM (which is for the record, the Piercing Pellet - a kind of bullet)
- Is type arrow (changed to bullet)
- has ground and description icons for arrows (changed to bullet icons)
- is not flagged as a missile (is flagged as a bullet now)

Attached Files

#815 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

horred the plague's 2-handed item animation fix extended to EVERY FRIGGIN ITEM IN THE BWP :woot:

Loopy loop to catch the borked items:
READ_BYTE  0x18 "flags"
READ_ASCII 0x22 "anim" (2)
PATCH_IF (("%anim%" STRING_EQUAL_CASE "BW") OR //bow
("%anim%" STRING_EQUAL_CASE "CB") OR //crossbow
("%anim%" STRING_EQUAL_CASE "HB") OR //halberd
("%anim%" STRING_EQUAL_CASE "QS") OR //quarterstaff
("%anim%" STRING_EQUAL_CASE "S2") OR //2-handed sword
("%anim%" STRING_EQUAL_CASE "SP")) AND (("%flags%" BAND 0b00000010) = 0b00000000) BEGIN //spear
  PATCH_PRINT "%itm_file% error: Item is supposed to be 2-handed (%anim% animation)"
END

Caught these:
Spoiler

Attached Files

#816 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

Nice auto-code, Lollorian! I went through your generated list, and checked the actual items (the ones I have).
  • CtB (CBDRSWOD.ITM) This is actually a one-handed Longsword, so instead the animation/paperdoll/prof settings should be fixed (Type: small sword / Prof: longsword / Paperdoll: S1- sword 1hand). I think CBisson was trying to make it look bigger than it really was in combat, but w/ a 1d8 base damage let's skip that part. ;)
  • Refinements (TG#SPIR.itm) This could use 2-hand setting, and some other fixes in the attributes
  • RoTerror (BANELORD.itm) Needs the 2-handed setting
  • SpellRev (SPWI461.itm) Needs the 2-hand setting
  • Underrep (U#HFSFWS.ITM) As originally reported, needs 2 handed setting
  • Vecna (AAITM188.itm) Needs the 2-handed setting

As its caretaker, I'd ask that a minor fix like this for CtB be handled in BWP fixes. I don't think this alone is worth a new version of the big mod, and I'm still too busy in RL to open that can-o-worms completely. Heck, there's still parts of the mod I haven't even played through....

--Thanks!

#817 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

There seems to be a mixup with CBDRSWOD :P

In my game, it's the "Oak Pole" - some kind of key that has Quarterstaff anims and proficiencies. The descrip reads something about it being a branch as well :P

A simple discarded piece of hard oak that has come from a tree. There is nothing unusual or remarkable about this branch.

#818 Theon

Theon
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

Hi!

Found syntax error during setup in Tashia Remix. The Fixpack inserts incomplete code:

Btashia.d.patch:
+EXTEND_BOTTOM player1 33
+  IF ~IsValidForPartyDialog("Tashia") Global("TashiaRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2) Global("M#TashiTalkPlayer1_5","LOCALS",0)~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("M#TashiTalkPlayer1_5","LOCALS",1)~ EXTERN ~player1~ add3
+

Missing an END statement. (I think. Fix allowed install, don't know if in-game it will work as intended.)

#819 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

Yeah sorry about that :P I'm stupid :D

Hopefully the next BWPFixpack gets this in :)

#820 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

...reads the list ...

and still there was not BGT... what's up with that, as the BG2 start lock up 'crash' comes with it, if the kit.ids file is wrong, as if wrong by the time you install the BGT, as it's in it that the feature that adds the unusual script that might not let you out.
Hmm, that sentence doesn't make sense.. I knooowwwww.

Refinements does a pretty awesome job of fixing a borked KIT.IDS :P Problem is, it's not the last mod that alters the KIT.iDS in the BWP load order (hence probably why the bigg reported to only Aurora and L1NPCs)

There's also the thing that not everyone has refinements in their installs :D (ok maybe that just applies to me :lol:)

Well, the problem is, the games scripts are written in the mod install phase, and it it's wrong in that instant, there's really not a lot you can do about it later if the .ids file is re-changed. We need an .ids fixpack installed at the time of the BiG Fixpack, :devil: :ROFL:

:P I'm stupid :D

Nope, you are not... it would be stupidity to not do what you did, iow correct it when you notice it.