Fixes for the BiG fixpack

• Please log in to reply
1025 replies to this topic

#261 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 02:22 AM

Also, did the Grothgar thing show up after using the new .tp2?? :o

No. I did not use your fix for the test. I guess it's fine. :)

PS: The BWPFixpack doesn't have anything for DSoA :P

Noticed that, creature offset checker also found nothing.

#262 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 02:21 PM

Allison Mod doesn't update itself anymore and can thus stop installations for hours... :o
Any idea if one can simply substitute the current setup.exe with a new weidu.exe?
No idea if the mod is still supported. Posted in its forum but actually don't expect much.

#263 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 04:31 PM

Any idea if one can simply substitute the current setup.exe with a new weidu.exe?

Yea :) That's pretty much all it needs :D

The install.bat already does this though - this being, it overwrites all the setup-*.exe's with the WeiDU.exe inside the Installpack ... no idea why it fails for Allison :unsure:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#264 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:07 AM

no idea why it fails for Allison :unsure:

The old story... the setup-allison.exe is marked/flagged as 'read only' or something like that... it has always provided us with a remarkable many nice failures in the past.

Or it could have something to do with the WeiDU.exe itself... v202 has been the worst, if I know it right, as some of the G3's mods recoded the whole installer differently and so have costed us a lot of numbers, as the v199->v202 had to then become v20300 or whatever... as I wasn't here or there, so much I could remember, then.

It's all in the past, so if the Fixpack would just replace the setup-allison.exe with a newer version of itself somehow, so it will do it, the problem is over... or a newer version of the mod is released(or make the BWS download a custom archive that has the latest WeiDU.exe attached will surfice).

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#265 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:37 AM

Well, the Allison I have (v18) has WeiDU 21000 and is not read-only :P

And I repeat, the BWP DOES do a bulk overwrite of all setup-<modname>.exe's using the WeiDU.exe provided in Installpack package. Line 2937 in the install.bat ...
IF EXIST WeiDU.exe FOR %%s IN (setup-*.exe) DO copy /Y WeiDU.exe "%%s"

It's been a while since I messed with the BWS, but if the BWS extracts the WeiDU.zip package from weidu.org, that line could use the latest WeiDU from within WeiDU itself ;) So, the Installpack doesn't have to be updated if a newer WeiDU gets out (not to mention the size of the Installpack gets reduced by 500 kB :P)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#266 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:49 AM

Well, I now guess that the problem might be linked with Allisson-processes which are not closed/killed by the BWS or whatever. There're still some processes going on if one has a look on it via taskmanager (during unpacking, during the installation etc.). Nevertheless it's :angry: if one has a look on one's install in the morning, wants to turn off the PC and notices that one has only reached Allisson...

And I repeat, the BWP DOES do a bulk overwrite of all setup-<modname>.exe's using the WeiDU.exe provided in Installpack package. Line 2937 in the install.bat ...

IF EXIST WeiDU.exe FOR %%s IN (setup-*.exe) DO copy /Y WeiDU.exe "%%s"

I don't know when this is done and haven't looked it up, but during installations one can see an update process... which stops with Allison. So i guess the setup is not overwritten.

#267 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:05 AM

... but during installations one can see an update process... which stops with Allison. So i guess the setup is not overwritten.

Exactly :coolthumb: THAT's the real problem!!!

There's code that does this in the install.bat, but somehow, it doesn't work. My guess is that this has something to do with the non-standard named mods (1Sylm-setup.exe etc) ... Not sure though :unsure:

#268 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:11 AM

Sure. Files cannot be overwritten if a handle is locking the file (happens mostly if an executable is running). The for-loop does not stop on errors and so those files are still of an old version.

If you like to, test the BWS beta which uses another approach to handle NSIS-setups.
Close the BWS during the display of the info-screen right before the installation and you can also use the old batch. The BG1-path is not adjusted since it's not used any more, but other than that, it's still fully functional.

If updates are ok there, I might consider doing another backport to the current BWS.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#269 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:30 AM

Misc typos (part deux)
Fix: Just some stuff I found during the week :)
Ariena
BoHunX -> MWBoHuX (where X = L,M,1,2,3,4,5)

BP
KRLICH -> KRLICH2

Edwin Romance
ER_EDBODY -> ER_EDBOD

RoTerror
KILLSWO1 -> KILLSW01

Tashia
"LE#TBODY " -> "LE#TBODY"

Attached Files

#270 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:55 PM

So, attached the modified ninde.tp2 and xulaye.tp2 with the APPEND blocks to avoid PARSE ERRORs and not breaking tactical mods

regarding IDS files

There is no need to do any changes to the Ninde and Xulaye mods regarding the IDS files. These mods only require a full IDS file but it had been overwritten before by other mods.

To solve the problem with the ID files, you must know what they do and what happens with them in a mega mod.

The IDS files are needed only during installation to translate the expressions in hex code. You can compare it with a dictionary for translators. If the translation is done, you do not need the dictionary any more. Is missing the the appropriate translation during the installation you get the parsing error.

The former modders did not think of any megamod and they copied their own IDS files in the override folder. These files usually contain only the entries needed for this mod and are often less than half as large as the full IDS file. Each of the mods overwrites the IDS in the override again and again. Depending on the mods you want to install the IDS files in the override will be different.

Ninde and Xulaye and are the first mods in the BWP install order that require a complete IDS again. Therefore, the Install.bat copies at this point a complete IDS into the override.

Your fixes enable to install both of them in your specific install Order, however, they will not solve the issue. Without Ninde and Xulaye installed the parsing errors will arise again with one of the following mods.

To solve the problem at the root all the older mods have to be fixed so that they patch the IDS files instead to override them.

#271 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:39 PM

To solve the problem at the root all the older mods have to be fixed so that they patch the IDS files instead to override them.

Certainly true. If you don't want to take out the ids-copy orders, I guess it would nevertheless be good to include the fixes for DSoA, Ninde, Xulaye etc., at least as long as the ids files of the old mods are not redone since at least these mods then would be totally "safe". I got parse errors with them during several installations, since the current solution is also not 100%ly perfect. Or maybe add in copy-orders before and after SimDings Questpack (before Questpack copies something and every time after a questpack part is done, maybe). Questpack is one of the sources of trouble, I'd say.

Edited by Fennek, 05 May 2010 - 03:02 PM.

#272 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:44 PM

Looks like some heavy-duty-ids-overhaulin is in order :D

If someone starts with this, I'll join them by the middle of June or something :P Methinks we'll just have to do this ... :)

1) Find mods that overwrite ANY ids
2) Diff the mod's ids with corresponding vanilla version of ids
3) Check if the lines added by mod ids are APPENDed by some other mod, if yes, copy the code for overwriting mod (and delete mod's ids) ... if no, ask for help :P
4) Remove the code that overwrites (moves/copies) the ids to override

I guess that should prolly do the trick :D

#273 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:46 AM

Shouldn't be that problematic to find the mods... Expert install (well, actually without installing, just unpacking), then a search for the ids-files and compare the sizes with the original one. Bigger than fixpack-ids: good (although one might nevertheless have a look on it...); smaller: bad...
In case I do this I'd have to know which ids are relevant.
I know that stats.ids is a problem, but... which else...? :blink:

Edited by Fennek, 06 May 2010 - 11:46 AM.

#274 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:48 AM

Moar taeepos!! :P
Fix: Only 2 now (the numbers reduce, non?? :D)

Kitanya
ga_(somespell) [name becomes more than 8 chars] -> (somespell) [3 instances]

LuxleySoA
FHLROS -> FHLLROS (only spells, cre's still called FHLROS)

I'll start a separate thread for the IDS thing soon(ish) :P

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 07 May 2010 - 01:48 AM.

#275 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:36 PM

Tis been almost a week since the last fix :D But ... oh well ...

Miloch's Bandit Camp fight crashing in Tactics/Expert installs fix (and missing spaces)
Fix: here

Lisandro's spanish SoBH not installing fix
Fix: here

PS: Fennek, I remember seeing some similar can't-install problem with the german SoBH, could you post the error?? :D (or is it already fixed??)

Attached Files

#276 Lisandro

Lisandro
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:36 AM

Hi...

The error in german is in BHARRNES.TRA at line @14, because it's got three "~".

I use two tools to prevent some errors.

When I make translation, I use "TREP", it's got tools for english, spanish and german translators, like tokens and some things that we have to pay atention.

And "Dialog Checker", for check if we use notepad or other texts editors, and we could make some typos error.

TREP, checks that too, but sometimes we see texts and don't check its.

¡Suerte!

Attached Files

#277 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:56 AM

Thanks mate! :cheers:

The line looks like this, so someone german might need to fix it :P

@14 = ~Die Bürgermeisterin von Garrotten plant, den Mord zu untersuchen, und hat meiner Untersuchung ein Ende gemacht. Ich frage mich, ob der wahre Mörder gefangen wird. ~
lassen. Habt Ihr verstanden? ~

Thanks for the attachment btw! (methinks TREP is still available at BWL though ... :unsure:)

And now <drumroll>

ToA balancing fail fix
Fix: Changed 78 instances of:
item_zo_delete -> item_to_delete
(the parameter for DELETE_CRE/STORE/AREA_ITEM :doh: ... (can't believe I'm helping balance stuff :P)

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 12 May 2010 - 10:41 AM.

#278 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:59 AM

The line looks like this (as Lollorian said; added next line):

@14 = ~Die Bürgermeisterin von Garrotten plant, den Mord zu untersuchen, und hat meiner Untersuchung ein Ende gemacht. Ich frage mich, ob der wahre Mörder gefangen wird. ~
@15 = ~Ja meine Dame, einverstanden. ~

English:

@14 = ~Garrotten's mayor plans to investigate the murder and has put a stop to my investigation. I wonder if the real killer will be caught.~
@15 = ~Yes madam, understood.~

This can/should be dumped:

(It's part of @25... copy and paste got out of control, as it seems)

Not relevant here, but:

@15 is actually also wrong. Should be

@15 = ~Ja meine Dame, verstanden. ~

Did anybody actually proof-read the translation? :blink:

Here the "cleansed" file from Bonehill 275a. Hope that there's no more recent version or a dialog-patch...

Attached Files

Edited by Fennek, 13 May 2010 - 03:07 AM.

#279 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:16 PM

About Temujin's fixes. Might be interesting if some more things will / could be fixed.
http://forums.pocket...0.msg324567#new

#280 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 07:00 PM

Hmm, cool :)

Here's a package with fix 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 :cheers: (you'll also like to know that fix 8 is already included in the BWPFixpack :D)

If anyone wanna use this pack before it gets upped into the BWPFixpack ... extract d0questpack, extract temujin's fixes and THEN extract this package :P

Also,

BWPFixpack - UB refix
Fix: "EXISTANCE5" -> EXISTANCE5 :P (this is the corrected patch from the Fixpack)

Miloch's DarkHorizons scripting loopy loop fixes
Fix: The fix for this, extended to 11 other .bafs :cheers:

Globals and their values
Fix: Amber and D's Odd Quest do SetGlobal(<something>,"GLOBAL","<numbr in quotes") ... removed the quotes from the number :P
Amber -> "0", "1"
Imnesvale -> "6"

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 16 May 2010 - 09:06 AM.