Fixes for the BiG fixpack

• Please log in to reply
1025 replies to this topic

#921 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:01 PM

English BiG World Textpack patches Setup-Huple_NPC.tp2 so it looks like this:

LANGUAGE ~Castellano~ ~castellano~ ~Huple_NPC/tra/castellano/Setup-Huple_NPC.tra~
LANGUAGE ~Francais (par Althea)~ ~frances~ ~Huple_NPC/tra/frances/Setup-Huple_NPC.tra~
LANGUAGE ~English~ ~english~ ~Huple_NPC/tra/english/Setup-Huple_NPC.tra~

BiG World Installpack\Tra,txt looks like this:
Huple_NPC=Ge-2,Sp-0,Fr-1,En-3

So either tp2-patching should include the German language-line or the Tra.txt should both use translation 2. Otherwise the English one will never get installed.

Thanks for pointing it out Dabus :new_thumbs: , I forgot the available german translation before patching. :doh: (I mean, I forgot to add that line to setup file before patching)

Edited by Nightfarer, 07 April 2013 - 09:05 PM.

#922 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:40 AM

Is this a fix or an update? Maybe both!

Added a code block to expanded gMinion to account for the PnP Undead component of aTweaks:

http://forums.gibber...showtopic=16272

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#923 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

BiG World Fixpack 11.3.7 has been released.

#924 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:14 AM

Tra.txt in BWP Installpack stats Coran as German, but there's no German translation in the mod nor in the installpack.
Bard Song Switching (Icewind Mode) got updated to 2.0, with French being no. 3 and not German.
BanterPack got a Korean translation.
Dungeon Crawl got a Polish translation.
Xan's Friendship Path for BG1 got an Italian translation.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#925 Solaufein

Solaufein

No fate but what we make

• Modder
  • 263 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

If there are any fixes to our mods (TeamBG.ChosenofMystra) please point me in the right direction of what has been fixed so I can update the mods. I've been out of the modding loop for the past several months. 

Her lips were red, her looks were free
Her locks were as yellow as gold
Her skin was white as leprosy.
The Nightmare Life-in-Death was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

http://teambg.net
The Undying

#926 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:54 AM

If there are any fixes to our mods (TeamBG.ChosenofMystra) please point me in the right direction of what has been fixed so I can update the mods. I've been out of the modding loop for the past several months. 

There are fixes for com_encounters, Neh'taniel, Saerileth and Yasraena included in the BWP Fixpack. Please just open the patch files to see what changes are made.
The BWP Textpack German includes the comlete translation for TheUndying. The trafied dialogs files as well as the English and German tra files are attached below.
There is also an updated dialog.tra for the German translation of com_encounters.

Attached Files

#927 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

BiG World Fixpack 11.4 has been released.

#928 -Piqueri-

-Piqueri-

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:24 AM

In my game the sword fireflower of Yasraena do damage to her while equiped. Is this intended? The same with the BWFixpack...

#929 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

In my game the sword fireflower of Yasraena do damage to her while equiped. Is this intended? The same with the BWFixpack...

Do you have BG2-Fixpack v10 installed ?

I had the same problem with the fireflower. Improved Hindo's Doom from Baldurdash-Weidu 1.68 exhibits the same behavior (and any other sword that uses flametongue's effs).

In the v9.20 version of BG2-Fixpack, some items were changed so that instead of using EFFs in the "equipped effects" area, they have them in the "extended effect" area. I think this change was done so that effects aren't also applied to the offhand sword (i may be wrong though). Then the corresponding effects were also changed to do direct damage instead of damage vs X creature.

Fireflower uses the effects ft{1,2,3}dam,trolld1 from the sword Flame Tongue and Improved Hindo's Doom uses ft3dam. So after this change in the effects, everyone who equips these swords take damage.

#930 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

Just a heads up, that will imply a lot of 'fixes' needed: http://www.shsforums...81-is-released/

We'll have to figure out what works best with this, as we go. I know it works pretty well installed w/ just itself. :)  --In theory, should be more compatible than ever before once sorted. But lots of components added, lots of newly-designated component numbers to account for.

#931 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

Setup is called BP, so BWP will not find it anyway. And it will not get installed unless you provide the old version.

If you want to help out and it's not already in the readmes, I'd guess that a list of conflicts with scs would be helpful. Or which component would be for casual players or experts with the micromanagement and spells. I also guess that it will take some time for Leonardo to replace all that stuff that's built in. I'm also not sure if I should link to the old download since the new file would mess up the current concept of scs/bp-detection and all...

HOUYI is listed as English. Can't find that on that Taiwan server. Can someone help out?

#932 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

HOUYI is listed as English. Can't find that on that Taiwan server. Can someone help out?

If you're searching for the English version, then no, you'd have to ask Leonardo where he got it from.

10th

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#933 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

He get's a mail if someone posts here - at least he said that before - so this is as good as an email.
I also wanted to confirm that I'm not too stupid to search for it. Or at least I did not want to be the only one in that case. :D

#934 Solaufein

Solaufein

No fate but what we make

• Modder
  • 263 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

There are fixes for com_encounters, Neh'taniel, Saerileth and Yasraena included in the BWP Fixpack. Please just open the patch files to see what changes are made.
The BWP Textpack German includes the comlete translation for TheUndying. The trafied dialogs files as well as the English and German tra files are attached below.
There is also an updated dialog.tra for the German translation of com_encounters.

A translation? Thanks. At the moment I am redoing a lot of Ninafer's dialogs. When I am done, I'll send you her dialog so it can be updated in the translation.

Her lips were red, her looks were free
Her locks were as yellow as gold
Her skin was white as leprosy.
The Nightmare Life-in-Death was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

http://teambg.net
The Undying

#935 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

As of request from Leonardo (i usually leave these fix problems to professionals like Lollorian) here is some fixes from my BWP game and topic here in SHS.

You can overwrite old files with these files as far as i know. But i advise that you check them before using them (i'm no modder or expert at any kind). I'm just HARDCORE player with some minor understanding how to use NI.

Vecna: AAR003.ARE container problems:

Attached File  Vecna.RAR   1.35K   254 downloads

Charli: Spawn problem at Slums:

Attached File  Charli.RAR   1.48K   275 downloads

Bolsa: Bug in script. Script says area AR0511 but tp2 compiles it to AR0702:

Attached File  bolsa.tp2   2.36K   310 downloads

Food And Herbal Mod: Bug in script. Script says area AR3000 but tp2 compiles it to AR1300:

Attached File  setup-foodmod.tp2   5.95K   333 downloads

Fishing for Trouble: YS0414.ARE container problem:

Attached File  dq.RAR   882bytes   246 downloads

RoT: Alissa rejoining problem at Spirit Soaring:

Attached File  RoTerror.RAR   617bytes   241 downloads

Other problems are overwriting issues or dialogue related (actions and triggers). I don't know how make fixes out of those, only fix those with NI.

I made worldmap component to Hessa NPC mod but i don't have any clue is it bugged or not. I just copy/paste Eilistraee's Clearing's worldmap component and edited a "little". At least it show on worldmap in NI. :P  If you are interested it's here.

Edited by micbaldur, 19 May 2013 - 07:55 AM.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#936 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:29 AM

Attached File  BP Designated Components.txt   1.71K   297 downloads

Here's a list of the numbering for the new BP components, for those that wish to venture into unknown country and pioneer a trail. Batch files can be manipulated, after all...Note that the "Spellhold Items" subcomponents (1580,1590) will not go live until next beta update (181-b3003+).

P.S: There's a somewhat thorough explanation of each of these, except the very latest ones, in the Read Me file

Edited by horred the plague, 20 May 2013 - 04:33 AM.

#937 Shadow Dancer

Shadow Dancer
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:55 AM

During BWS installation (v11.4) some mods wasn't patched (for example, xpmod DEFJAM, aurora patch). During installation I patched them manually because of errors (aurorapatch was missed, xpmod wasn't patched, may be other errors during install were related to this). Any ideas about this problem?

Attached Files

Edited by Shadow Dancer, 21 May 2013 - 06:07 AM.

#938 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:56 AM

@Shadow Dancer: Did you look at its log?
Edit: Changed BP-link to BPv180c until BWP can handle the new one...

Edited by dabus, 21 May 2013 - 04:04 AM.

#939 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:14 AM

@Dabus

If you're still interested, I have Houyi 2 supporting chinese traditional, chinese simplified and english :new_thumbs:

#940 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:43 AM

I'd rather like to know where you got this from, so I can enter the download location... a few people who hog that mod wouldn't be the best solution from my point of view. ;)