Photo

A BG story

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Orm

Orm
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:59 PM

I have started writing a story, no a book, or maybe three books based on BG, SoA, and ToB. I'm writing it in first person. However, after I have wandered about this forum, I have decided to work first on some short stories and get some feedback. I will also read every story posted in the fanfiction library of completed works, and maybe, provide some feedback of my own (I hope I don't get anyone mad). Even though I have written some short stories in the past, I'm still very much a novice at writing. I will need every bit of advice I can get! (I'm a high school chemistry and physics teacher by trade)
Shadowhawke, Pirengle, and Jolyth, I appreciate all the knowledge you placed in the topics at the beginning of the forum, I will return to them often. All I can say now is that I have been bitten by the writing, or in my case, the story-telling bug again!

Orm (aka Lee)
There aren't enough days in the weekend.
-- Steven Wright

That which does not kill you will only make you stronger.
-- Nietzsche

#2 TC Dale

TC Dale
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:06 PM

Wow. You're going to read EVERY story posted in the fanfiction library? That's going to take a while :) There's a lot! But if you do, I'm sure all the authors would love feedback. It's one thing authors can't get enough of.

Feel free to post your stories, long or short. There's a pretty good audience here on the boards, and fresh new stories are always welcome!

#3 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:51 AM

Seconded. :) Welcome to Scribbles, Orm! It will be great to have you both as a reader and as a writer.

and maybe, provide some feedback of my own (I hope I don't get anyone mad)

I agree with TC Dale, Orm. :) Most authors will love you for giving them feedback - like yourself, many have posted on this board to learn and improve themselves as well as because they enjoy the world they write in. I suggest looking at Pirengle's Guide to fanfic and scrolling down a bit - there's a guide on how to give constructive criticism if you're worried about it. Also note the structure of the forum - many stories already have their own 'Comments' threads, and it's usually a good idea to post in them if you want to give feedback.

Above all, don't be afraid. :) Many of us have started off as novice writers here. Heck, labels such as 'novice' are bendable anyway. You are a writer and a reader, and so don't be afraid to post, critique, and write your heart out here. :D

I look forwards to seeing you around.

-Shadowhawke

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain