You have got to be kidding...

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#41 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 02:39 AM

:( :wub: :) :lol: :rolleyes: <_< I must admit I did like Edwin, especially the way he just says what he thinks at the time, and I must admit I'm guilty of that crime, (though I don't see whats wrong with saying whats on my mind) (I wonder if they will get this joke or if it's too subtle for there simian brains) Just my attempt at playing Edwin, I will try this mod out, and await eagerly for the time that gamejag gets the equivilent of a boot up the arse for whatever they did to lose the rest of the chapters :D I'm just going to play with the smilies now :mellow: :o ;)

*grin* Always nice to meet another Edwin fan, and I hope you'll enjoy the mod when it's done. :D

#42 -Dalis'ilhea-

-Dalis'ilhea-

Posted 29 March 2004 - 02:50 AM

Elmister this, Elminster that. Give me two thousand years and a pointy hat, and I'll kick his arse

I agree with this statement whole heartedly because by SoA reference he is only a level 17 mage while by the end of ToB Edwin will most likely be 31

#43 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 03:15 AM

Elmister this, Elminster that. Give me two thousand years and a pointy hat, and I'll kick his arse

I agree with this statement whole heartedly because by SoA reference he is only a level 17 mage while by the end of ToB Edwin will most likely be 31

Yes indeed. :) Elminster has all those munchkin super powers, but you can be sure that I won't let him harm Edwin in the epilogues I've written for this mod.

#44 -Dalis'ilhea-

-Dalis'ilhea-

Posted 31 March 2004 - 04:17 AM

What about taking a leaf out of Elminsters book? I can see it now Elmina the bar dancer

Scary thought

#45 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 06:07 AM

What about taking a leaf out of Elminsters book? I can see it now Elmina the bar dancer

Scary thought

Yikes! I don't think I want to think about that too much. :blink:

#46 -Dalis'ilhea-

-Dalis'ilhea-

Posted 02 April 2004 - 03:07 AM

[QUOTE]Yikes! I don't think I want to think about that too much.

haha! I have to agree, I have a very warped sense of humor and a sense of poetic justice, but still, you never know 'He' did it do Dynaheir (I know it isn't the write spelling), I thought it was brilliant, I admit I did have her in the party, only because I wanted Minsc (and Boo)

#47 Valheru

Valheru

Ancient One

• 120 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 05:31 AM

Here all that Dorotea and Laufey you have extremely large expectations for this romance so it needs to be good or youl let people down yeah? :)
Thanks for picture Immy :)

#48 -dorotea-

-dorotea-

Posted 04 May 2004 - 05:34 AM

I am only coding it - that is when I have time away from Ashes and LR. All the credit for the literary content goeth to Laufey.

#49 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 09:11 AM

I am only coding it - that is when I have time away from Ashes and LR. All the credit for the literary content goeth to Laufey.

And as for me - I have tried to write it in a way that I like myself, and that I hope will satisfy at least a majority of those who download it. Hopefully that will work out. :)

#50 deeandtanner

deeandtanner
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 09:58 PM

I have no doubts! ;)

#51 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 03:45 PM

Scary thought

Yikes! I don't think I want to think about that too much. :blink:

suggested epilog... :blink: :blink: :blink:

"...and of course Edwin's most celebrated moment was the joke he played on the most disgusting sorceror in the Realms. Somehow, bypassing all the locks and wards, both arcane and mundane surrounding Elminister's 'Secret Sanctum', Edwin with the help of a giggling Imoen, with Mainchar keeping watch, slipped in another copy of the Nether Scroll (Which he purchased in Calimshite, a tale involving Jan Jansen, a bushel of elderberrys and a gross of one armed monkey golems) inside the binder of the Ancient Lecher's favorite nighttime reading...the Calimshite Sutra, popup version. A few weeks later, as Charname, Imoen and Edwin were still giggling and drunk with success, they had heard rumours about the eventual fate of the 'most eligable bachelor in the realms'. He was kicked out of Mystaria's Chosen, having expended all his powers in an attempt to cure himself of this curse, and was now working as a drudge in the Sea's Bounty, and every night, when 'The Thumb' wants to kick out the last of the drunkards and barflies before he closes up for the night, he would get Elmina to do a pole dance, a sight that would sober up a drunken orc, and inevitably sends out all the patrons, screaming and clawing their eyes, into the night."

from "Volo's Epilogs of the Great and Absurd" ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#52 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 08:01 PM

suggested epilog... :blink: :blink: :blink:

"...and of course Edwin's most celebrated moment was the joke he played on the most disgusting sorceror in the Realms. Somehow, bypassing all the locks and wards, both arcane and mundane surrounding Elminister's 'Secret Sanctum', Edwin with the help of a giggling Imoen, with Mainchar keeping watch, slipped in another copy of the Nether Scroll (Which he purchased in Calimshite, a tale involving Jan Jansen, a bushel of elderberrys and a gross of one armed monkey golems) inside the binder of the Ancient Lecher's favorite nighttime reading...the Calimshite Sutra, popup version. A few weeks later, as Charname, Imoen and Edwin were still giggling and drunk with success, they had heard rumours about the eventual fate of the 'most eligable bachelor in the realms'. He was kicked out of Mystaria's Chosen, having expended all his powers in an attempt to cure himself of this curse, and was now working as a drudge in the Sea's Bounty, and every night, when 'The Thumb' wants to kick out the last of the drunkards and barflies before he closes up for the night, he would get Elmina to do a pole dance, a sight that would sober up a drunken orc, and inevitably sends out all the patrons, screaming and clawing their eyes, into the night."

from "Volo's Epilogs of the Great and Absurd" ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Eeeeewwwww! I think there's a high risk of going blind by watching *that*! :o ;) :lol:

#53 -Gsern-

-Gsern-

Posted 11 June 2004 - 05:36 AM

Ohh, now that's just evil!

...ehh, yeah, Edwin is evil, isn't he? ;)

Though the "real" Elminster described in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting would be a lvl 35 multiclass character with über powers.

So poor old Elminster becoming a strip-"tease" dancer - well, now, that's just plain wicked.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mystra though..;) I think....

Btw, I like the idea behind this mod. I laughed when I first heard about it, but it's a cool idea..:)

#54 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 06:53 AM

Ohh, now that's just evil!

...ehh, yeah, Edwin is evil, isn't he? ;)

Though the "real" Elminster described in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting would be a lvl 35 multiclass character with über powers.

So poor old Elminster becoming a strip-"tease" dancer - well, now, that's just plain wicked.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mystra though..;) I think....

Btw, I like the idea behind this mod. I laughed when I first heard about it, but it's a cool idea..:)

Thank you, glad you like the idea. :) As for Elminster, him becoming a striptease dancer is an amusing idea, but that's not what I have in mind.

#55 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

so, if I was to eat this I'd see the ghosts that haunted me?

• 737 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 06:18 AM

Knowing you It'd probably be worse, though how I do not know, probably involve cocolate body paint or something, I think I'm going to be sick at the image I imagined now *runs off retching noises in the background*
I apparently have a high level of empathy, combined with a low level of sympathy... weird

In the wake of destruction progress is made

I am who I am, and none shall change me

#56 Erszebeth

Erszebeth
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 04:43 PM

No cow kill spell, I guess ? To bad. It's an abrupt ending for Elminster, but a definitely fitting one. Every gal wants a smashed Elminster as a wedding gift... ;)

Edited by Erszebeth, 14 June 2004 - 04:46 PM.

Erszebeth, the french sideshow freak

#57 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 08:00 AM

No cow kill spell, I guess ? To bad. It's an abrupt ending for Elminster, but a definitely fitting one. Every gal wants a smashed Elminster as a wedding gift... ;)

No spoilers. ;)

#58 -Locke Watcher-

-Locke Watcher-

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:13 AM

I'm taking that this mod WILL be worse then my Illasera/MainChar fiction, in terms of rating and strangeness?

And Userunfriendly, please tell me that you are NOT a fan fiction writer!

Oh and Laufey, good luck on finishing this mod! And is this mod compatible with G3's NPC Kit mod?

#59 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 10:12 AM

I'm taking that this mod WILL be worse then my Illasera/MainChar fiction, in terms of rating and strangeness?

Not really. Edwin Romance is very engaging, humorous but fairly 'normal' both rating-wise and in terms of storyline. Boy meets the girl, then boy turns into a girl... that sorta thing.:P

And Userunfriendly, please tell me that you are NOT a fan fiction writer!

No comment on this one.

Oh and Laufey, good luck on finishing this mod! And is this mod compatible with G3's NPC Kit mod?

Laufey is on a bit of vacation at the moment -- but ER is weidu based and so far it is compatible with all weidu mods. For more technical details please ask Nebukad -- he has currently taken over the hat of the main programmer. :turnip2:

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#60 Lionh34rt

Lionh34rt
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 12:16 AM

What do all the females see in Edwin?  My sister even likes him when she plays BG2.