Problem or BUG? Who knows. Stuck in Chionthar

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:50 PM

Maybe it is me, but I think I followed all the instructions on properly installing a mega mod game. I used the Big World Project to create my game. I made it through BG 1 without too many CLUA fixes. BG 2, SoA, needs lots of work.

I am now in River Chionthar and cannot leave. I talked to the ogre and told him he was poisoning the "birdies and fishies". He is off to talk to his boss. I got Charlotte to join the group. I did not go to get Selence. I have done everything in this area I can. I know there is something to the west, but cannot enter there. I cannot go to Soubar or any other of the three towns. So what now?

Actually this is the fifth incident like this. It is very frustrating. BG 1 was fun. SoA is not fun any more.

Tom

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:10 PM

In the area where you pick up Charlotte and the Ogre encounter, there is an exit to the Northwest to the River Chionthar. Cross the river and the next exit (northwest again) leads to Soubar. There are no worldmap transitions except for the area that Charlotte is in.

I id not have a problem with these areas although crossing the river can use work but that isn't game breaking.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#3 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:49 PM

Thanks Hoppy:

On the first try of this mod, I was able to get into the river crossing area. On my second try, I was not able to go to that area. So I restarted the saved game and on the third try I was able to enter the river crossing area again. After hearing Charlotte's comments, the crossing was not too difficult.

I suspect the problem is with either my computer and Windows XP or with the mix of mods I have selected for this game. I am having a lot of game crashes. There seems to be no pattern to the crashes. I have begun to clean out useless files with ATF - Cleaner and defrag with JKDefrag every second day. This seems to have helped a lot. By the way, both of these programs are free.

Tom

#4 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:48 AM

Maybe the exit triggers use a global to open up. I can look into the scripts but I swear I have never had a problem even way back with SoS non-weidu.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant