#1 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:56 AM

Yay ^_^ *dances*

(Sorry, it was my inner fan-girl)

I'm glad to read more from you! *subscribing to the topic*

I was surprised that the story started with the Pim- no, I meant Hero of Waterdeep and her slave. If I didn't know already something about her and what she does Valen do, I'd be surprised to find them in that situation.
Spoiler

BTW technically speaking, Valen is a half-demon, not half-devil ;-) some tanar'ri guys could feel insulted by this mistake! lol

You stressed a bit too much that Uni'el is blind imo, 3 times in few sentences... :blink: it works well when describing actions or expressions, but makes me think "Ok, I get it, SHE IS BLIND, can we go on please?" XD

The last part about Anelee is good, with few words you described where she is, what happened, where she's going and a little of her curiosity. Without making it boring, in a way that the reader is told these facts while he/she is actually paying attention to Anelee's actions. So, you didn't stop the action to say "blah blah blah that's what happened", but you put these background infos INTO the narration. :cheers:

oO My DA Gallery Oo
oO My Artcorner on SHS Oo
oO "Ask the Betrayer" parody comic Oo
oO My other parody comics on SHS Oo

Oh, and Epantiras, you're simply Epantirastic.

(and no, I'M not egocentric!)

I Hate Elminster! (proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#2 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 05:35 AM

Glad to see you here :cheers:

Valen is a quarter demon, Uni'el is a half-devil (very proud at the 'half' part) :) And since I'm no fan-girl of his :shifty: :devil:

Yes, I mentioned it three times (or did I :huh: ) but now I won't have to mention it anymore :D (and I'll personally shoot anyone who asks in the later chapters ;))

Oh the things I have in store for Aneele :shifty:

Edited by Orthodoxia, 18 September 2009 - 05:47 AM.

Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#3 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:08 AM

BTW did I comment on the "Bare Bones" topic instead of the "Comments on..." topic?? Oh stupid me :doh:

oO My DA Gallery Oo

#4 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:16 AM

It's fixed now ;) *runs back to write while inspiration holds*
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#5 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 04:22 PM

This Uni'el seems interesting, but I'll admit my inner fangirl is dying as well :P. One comment, though; I was surprised that she could see Valen's handwriting, given that she was blind? Unless her psychic powers extend to 'sensing' handwriting as well?

You built up the situation nicely with the bells, but I really think the highlight of this chapter was the last part with Aneele. Short, succinct, but a very hard-hitting image. Great to see you back with another installment, Orthodoxia! I'm looking forwards to more. :D

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain

#6 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:12 AM

Uni'el's one of those, what you call them in game... psionists I think. All mind and no magic. She reads Valen's mind (and everyone else's) rather than seeing what's going on around her.

You know, I think that if I were ever to write a story about HotU (an idea I am toying with :P) I'd be hunted down and killed by Valen fangirls everywhere. I'd just have too much fun doing unspeakable things to the poor tiefling 8)
Posted Image

#7 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:58 AM

Speaking of bells... I thought she attached a bell to Valen so she could hear him moving... but IF she knows that he's moving because she can read his mind... does it mean that she put that bell only to increase his humiliation?

oO My DA Gallery Oo

#8 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 01:26 AM

Uni'el is all about making people crawl into their shell. Plus it's good for business. Cute cat-bells seem to do wonders with the customers :shifty:
Posted Image

#9 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 07:04 AM

Plus it's good for business. Cute cat-bells seem to do wonders with the customers

:3

Ehm, anyway, I'm curious to see Anelee and Uni'el interacting, that would be epic! If Gann alone could intimidate Anelee, I wonder what Uni'el can do...

oO My DA Gallery Oo

#10 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 07:35 AM

I'm so tempted to spill out spoilers now *tries to hold back* :wall: Besides they won't be interacting anytime soon.
Posted Image

#11 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:17 AM

Besides they won't be interacting anytime soon.

Ah that's good! Reminds me of a rpg session where the two main characters never met but their personal stories were linked. But I digress 9_9

oO My DA Gallery Oo

#12 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:20 AM

New chapter ^_^

A long but good one.

The first part is very good, I like the way you describe the life in Neverwinter, the "chipped gem", by small details like shouting merchants, big hulking men, rumors, and tavern life! For some reasons I liked the part about tavern wenches and men confident of their manhood ;-)

I *knew* it was Neeshka from the beginning and it saddened me a little that she didn't recognize Anelee - but I tend to forget that Anelee didn't like her companions. Same goes for Sand's acid pot - heart (hey that was a cool image).

The part in which the Forgotten Lords andventurers appear is a little "awkward" imo as I had some troubles understanding who's saying what 9_9

circus tent man :devil:

This rocks XD

I see Anelee seems to be a stronger person now, although she's still a "flawed" one. They're intimidating her into joining :D That's good. Character development is good.

Yay for invoking the Lady of Murder.

I've found some typos:

"pray" instead of "prey", it appears twice at least, so just Ctrl+F it.
I forgot the other one XD

BTW in the prologue I read "She was having a grand time. Especially with her latest stunt." - do you really mean "stunt" or is it "stud" ;-P

oO My DA Gallery Oo

#13 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:43 AM

The first part is very good, I like the way you describe the life in Neverwinter, the "chipped gem", by small details like shouting merchants, big hulking men, rumors, and tavern life! For some reasons I liked the part about tavern wenches and men confident of their manhood ;-)

Isn't that a fact of fantasy life ;)

I *knew* it was Neeshka from the beginning and it saddened me a little that she didn't recognize Anelee - but I tend to forget that Anelee didn't like her companions. Same goes for Sand's acid pot - heart (hey that was a cool image).

I wouldn't say she didn't like them, it's more that she didn't like the situation she was in and they were part of the package. And you have to remember that at this point she had allowed Akachi to eat all her emotions tied to her previous companions.

The part in which the Forgotten Lords andventurers appear is a little "awkward" imo as I had some troubles understanding who's saying what 9_9

Yeah, there's like four of them and only Quarrel in the slightly non-talkative guy there. All others can talk your ear off -_- (all three are high on diplomacy)

I see Anelee seems to be a stronger person now, although she's still a "flawed" one. They're intimidating her into joining :D That's good. Character development is good.

And to think they're still below lv15 :P

Yay for invoking the Lady of Murder.

All hail Lady of Murder :Bow:

I've found some typos:

"pray" instead of "prey", it appears twice at least, so just Ctrl+F it.
I forgot the other one XD

I'll leave the mistakes there until I get someone to go over entire chapter-s. My eyes glaze over text after 5xxx time.

BTW in the prologue I read "She was having a grand time. Especially with her latest stunt." - do you really mean "stunt" or is it "stud" ;-P

Stunt. No studs, for now :)

Love your reviews if I hadn't said that by now :hug:
Posted Image

#14 Lind

Lind
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:55 PM

Hooray!

Nice to see you decided to keep on going with the story. It just seemed the ending of the last part was begging for a continuation. Look forward to hopefully reading more of it.

Cheers.
Nemo repente fuit turpissimus-->No one ever became thoroughly bad in one step.

#15 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:19 AM

I'll try my best not to disappoint :)
Posted Image

#16 Lind

Lind
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:53 AM

Hooray!

Though, I hate to say it is rather amusing to see Aneele struggle with her new party... ^^
Nemo repente fuit turpissimus-->No one ever became thoroughly bad in one step.

#17 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 11:44 PM

My favorite part to write :devil:
Posted Image

#18 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 12:01 PM

I've just read the newest chapter :D

Now that was a shocking way to wake up! And right after Anelee thought that she finally could wake up like a normal person. Ah, that brought back some memories about the unwanted attentions from a blue skinned alien 9_9

I'm sad that Quarrel didn't have a great part in the chapter, but my spider, no I meant Bhaalspawn senses tell me he'll have a greater role later on.

Ribsmasher is for the win :D

A little side note, since I'm dumb and a little ignorant too I didn't know who Sharess was (and had to look on wikipedia) and got quite confused when I read "Sharrans" 'cause I thought they were worshippers of Sharrans, not Shar :-P aww WotC and weird, unimaginative names 9_9

oO My DA Gallery Oo

#19 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:22 PM

Now that was a shocking way to wake up! And right after Anelee thought that she finally could wake up like a normal person. Ah, that brought back some memories about the unwanted attentions from a blue skinned alien 9_9

You didn't think I'd let her have an easy life, did you? ;)

I'm sad that Quarrel didn't have a great part in the chapter, but my spider, no I meant Bhaalspawn senses tell me he'll have a greater role later on.

Yes, especially when it comes to annoying the hagspawn :devil:

A little side note, since I'm dumb and a little ignorant too I didn't know who Sharess was (and had to look on wikipedia) and got quite confused when I read "Sharrans" 'cause I thought they were worshippers of Sharrans, not Shar :-P aww WotC and weird, unimaginative names 9_9

Sharess is the deity of hedonism, festhalls and sensual fulfillment. Sharrans is a collective name for worshipers of Shar. No, names are not imaginative at all <_<

Anyone guessing the plot yet? I thought it was rather transparent (I'm even less good at writing mysteries than writing battle scenes :P )
Posted Image

#20 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:09 PM

Anyone guessing the plot yet? I thought it was rather transparent (I'm even less good at writing mysteries than writing battle scenes :P )

Eh, I assume the Shar worshippers come from the Storm of Zehir campaign. Uhm, let me guess the story...

Spoiler

End story. This is the plot of your story! Ha, I can read your mind, ha ha ha! ;-P

Edited by Epantiras, 09 October 2009 - 12:10 PM.

oO My DA Gallery Oo