Photo

Stuck in the wood of the dead (Tomb won't open)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sai

Sai
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:32 PM

After entering Baldur's Gate, some man at the entrance told me about his lost family, so I went go make him whole again. Slaughtered some orcs at the field of the dead, recovered some weird runestone (which I identified), saved some man and two children in the orc stockade, and was told they also had a quarrel with another order of shadow.

I then moved to the wood of the dead, found the tomb quickly after a clairvoyance, killed all the orcs reasonably easily, but now the tomb won't budge? I put the runestone on the altar, on the ground, in my inventory, I tried to eat the runestone.

It just won't open, and the area seems cleared now, what am I missing here? :/

#2 Homer_S

Homer_S
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:45 PM

After entering Baldur's Gate, some man at the entrance told me about his lost family, so I went go make him whole again. Slaughtered some orcs at the field of the dead, recovered some weird runestone (which I identified), saved some man and two children in the orc stockade, and was told they also had a quarrel with another order of shadow.

I then moved to the wood of the dead, found the tomb quickly after a clairvoyance, killed all the orcs reasonably easily, but now the tomb won't budge? I put the runestone on the altar, on the ground, in my inventory, I tried to eat the runestone.

It just won't open, and the area seems cleared now, what am I missing here? :/

I am stuck as well. From the "walkthrough" you also need the Hand of Helm or Helm Holy Symbol. I can't for the life of me find a "Guardian Stone" from the Field of the Dead. I think it is one of the two Dwarven Runestones but I don't know where to put them.

Homer

#3 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:37 AM

Double check the readme that comes with the NTotSC package. I think the required artifacts are listed there. It should take the "Rusted Dagger" and the "Ring from the Grave" as I recall.

It takes a village...

#4 Homer_S

Homer_S
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:44 PM

OK,

I think we are mixing up two quests: Tomb of the Orc Chieftain and Druid Circle.

- Tomb of the Orc Chieftain (Field of the Dead) requires the Dagger and Ring as mentioned in the readme for the mod.

- Druid Circle (Wood of the Dead) is not mentioned in the readme. It is mentioned in a walkthrough. The walkthrough states that the Holy Symbol of Helm and a "Guardian Stone" are needed. It states that the stone is found in a chest in the Field of the Dead. I'm not certain which item this is or where you put the two of them.

OK again,

Did some more digging and the walkthrough in the 171 folder says that the two sets of items are reversed. I might have finished the Tomb quest, as I have been down the stairs and seen the square masoleum and the antechamber to the south. So now, where do I find Haeball? I do not see an entrance to the tower on the Larswood map. Is he someplace different?

FYI... I'd still like to find/fix it so Haeball shows up the next time through, but if you have the right items in your inventory, the ? turns to stairs and you can enter.

Thanks,
Homer

Edited by Homer_S, 08 January 2010 - 07:10 PM.

#5 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:19 PM

OK,

I think we are mixing up two quests: Tomb of the Orc Chieftain and Druid Circle.

- Tomb of the Orc Chieftain (Field of the Dead) requires the Dagger and Ring as mentioned in the readme for the mod.

- Druid Circle (Wood of the Dead) is not mentioned in the readme. It is mentioned in a walkthrough. The walkthrough states that the Holy Symbol of Helm and a "Guardian Stone" are needed. It states that the stone is found in a chest in the Field of the Dead. I'm not certain which item this is or where you put the two of them.

OK again,

Did some more digging and the walkthrough in the 171 folder says that the two sets of items are reversed. I might have finished the Tomb quest, as I have been down the stairs and seen the square masoleum and the antechamber to the south. So now, where do I find Haeball? I do not see an entrance to the tower on the Larswood map. Is he someplace different?

FYI... I'd still like to find/fix it so Haeball shows up the next time through, but if you have the right items in your inventory, the ? turns to stairs and you can enter.

Thanks,
Homer

Haeball is in the tower of Larswood map but if you have the Aurora Shoes mod installed, it corrupts the area and destroys the entrance. It reads in the area file but the area is too corrupt. CLUA to AR9001.

http://www.shsforums...post__p__472691
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant