Photo

Westgate question - spoilers inside

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 joshuar9476

joshuar9476
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:57 PM

After i was captured and allowed to roam around the docks of westgate, i got the necessary weapons, and killed tiny, the minotaur, and the pirate captian. now i;m a bit confused as to where i go ... am i supposed to go through the door next to the broken stairs and end up on the spider map of the first BG?? also, why wouldn't the third merchant talk to me? the same thing happened with narcissa in mistmoor after completing the quests there ( character doesn;t want to talk with you .. yes, .50a is installed). i'm just making sure i don;t have a wonky install (pel'ja wouldn't give me the quest either though i had vild in my party ... my charname just kept saying i'm sorry i can't help you).
i have a witty signature thought up, i just haven't posted it yet.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:19 PM

After i was captured and allowed to roam around the docks of westgate, i got the necessary weapons, and killed tiny, the minotaur, and the pirate captian. now i;m a bit confused as to where i go ... am i supposed to go through the door next to the broken stairs and end up on the spider map of the first BG??

Yes, and from there to the Temple, just make sure to come back to the Temples entrance after you have gone inside and found all the clues, as the Slavers Fortress can only be found by exiting from the South of this Entrance map, or at leastI was unable to find another exit that leads there.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 joshuar9476

joshuar9476
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:28 PM

After i was captured and allowed to roam around the docks of westgate, i got the necessary weapons, and killed tiny, the minotaur, and the pirate captian. now i;m a bit confused as to where i go ... am i supposed to go through the door next to the broken stairs and end up on the spider map of the first BG??

Yes, and from there to the Temple, just make sure to come back to the Temples entrance after you have gone inside and found all the clues, as the Slavers Fortress can only be found by exiting from the South of this Entrance map, or at leastI was unable to find another exit that leads there.

thanks jarno ... ** goes back to playing **

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:00 AM

The temple's map only has a Worldmap exit on the South side.

Which merchant wouldn't talk to you?

There are plans for another way to get off the docks. I haven't coded all the dialogs into the game yet that the team has written. This will let you bypass the caves. Speaking of which, I have now placed one potion of mirrored eyes in a warehouse so you some way of defeating the basilisks without having to cheat (which is what I have been having to do).

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#5 joshuar9476

joshuar9476
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:23 AM

The temple's map only has a Worldmap exit on the South side.

Which merchant wouldn't talk to you?

There are plans for another way to get off the docks. I haven't coded all the dialogs into the game yet that the team has written. This will let you bypass the caves. Speaking of which, I have now placed one potion of mirrored eyes in a warehouse so you some way of defeating the basilisks without having to cheat (which is what I have been having to do).

you have the mira lady, then the two guys, one fat and one skinny ... the skinny one would not talk with me ...

#6 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:48 AM

Skinny? Okay, I'll check it out. At some point I hope to put more merchants here. We seem to have lots of stalls with items to sell.

Classic Adventures

#7 --jay_ellingson--

--jay_ellingson--

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:38 PM

I am able to walk out of the caves in Westgate after defeating the Basilisks but when I move more then a couple inches in any direction (say to attack spiders) the game crashed to desktop. Well, not exactly as it crashes to 2/3 desktop and a black 4 inch square on the top left of the monitor. Any ideas?

Skinny? Okay, I'll check it out. At some point I hope to put more merchants here. We seem to have lots of stalls with items to sell.

#8 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 06:37 AM

The problem is with one of the spawn points. Ettercaps have a different CRE file name in SoA than they did in BG1. You'ld have to ask BioWare why they did such a dumb thing. Anyways, the next build will have the right file name. Just download the attached file and put it in your override folder. That should fix the crashing in this area.

Attached Files

Classic Adventures

#9 -shiffd-

-shiffd-

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:24 PM

IS there anyway to not lose all your money and equipment?
Do you ever get any of it back?

#10 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 12:07 AM

Money, no.
You'll get all, or at least most of the items back on your return trip back to Selgauth, so there is a quite cap of time between, of course there isn't much to do there after either, but still you should get them all back.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 26 November 2009 - 12:09 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#11 --jay_ellingson--

--jay_ellingson--

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:43 AM

Thanks SBB, did the DL and put it in the override folder, restarted the game and had the same issue. Not sure if there is a way to skirt this map or not to get to where I need to go via another route in the game?

Money, no.
You'll get all, or at least most of the items back on your return trip back to Selgauth, so there is a quite cap of time between, of course there isn't much to do there after either, but still you should get them all back.

#12 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:26 AM

Just use the CLAUConsole to jump to area TC1500. That is the abandoned temple. It will drop you right into a group of orcs though. So be prepared.

I'm not getting the area to crash for any other reason and I have had the party walk every inch now. The one spawn point that needed the Ettercap is at the bottom right, so if you never moved down that far, this wouldn't have mattered anyways. Therefore some other reason is causing your problem but I can't duplicate it yet.

Classic Adventures