170 replies to this topic

#141 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 01:46 PM

I killed a group of mages with Mana Clash and they kept talking anyway. O.o

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#142 -erik-

-erik-

Posted 26 November 2009 - 03:01 PM

:) Shapeshift to
Spoiler
is the obvious solution to the
Spoiler

#143 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 03:14 PM

Mmm, true, but I still prefer Mana Clash. Kills them all pretty much one hit at the same time. :) It's also the perfect way to get the Heavy Hitter achievement.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#144 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 11:17 PM

:) Shapeshift to

Spoiler
is the obvious solution to the
Spoiler

That's a solution, but sometimes something of an trial and error solution; sometimes you'll get frosted too, and that's a pain to handle in BM form.

#145 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:18 AM

I think that's a scripted event, it seems to happen always. o_o
I think a few of the mage groups will start fighting eachother if you get into hearing range but don't let them notice you.

I tried that fight a few times, and it didn't happen always. It was that one group of Tutors and pupils a few rooms before the demon in that level.

I was quite glad the other mage killed his fellows - before that I always got roasted by them.

- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#146 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:35 AM

Oh, we're talking about a different encounter then. It happens to me ~always (sometimes I've interrupted them before they nuke eachother) in a room with, what's it, 3 or 4 mages, a little before the one you're talking about.

#147 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:38 PM

Just a little thought. Maybe it'd be a good time now to update the forum description? To, you know, celebrate the launch or something. .p

- Are we there yet? No? Damn. Discussion for the upcoming CRPG, DA.

#148 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:32 AM

Haha true...its been a month almost now :whistling:

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#149 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:08 AM

I'm more interested in a normal patch from the developers. Not just for these "dex isn't working for daggers" technical glitches, but for serious issues.

BIG SPOILER TAG

Issues like missing quest rewards(Shaperate's Blessing), or the game thinking Alistair is king when *really* Anora is queen(Alistair's talk in the castle Redcliffe), or the player not getting any NPC epilogues if player is alive at the end of the game, or Loghain saying Wynne's lines during Wynne-Loghain banter, or codex entries writing the wrong things(Isolde lives, but codex thinks she dies), or various, various epilogue glitches.

I mean, how much it sucked when my female Human Noble finally became queen, but the epilogue said that "Alistair and PC remained in Denerim for a time, much to Queen Anora's displeasure"! Hello? Different queen here!

Edited by Kulyok, 03 December 2009 - 06:11 AM.

#150 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:28 PM

Yeah the testers they had for this game must of been asleep the whole time or only played one origin/ race combo sheesh...

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#151 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:50 PM

Yeah the testers they had for this game must of been asleep the whole time or only played one origin/ race combo sheesh...

Compared to the amount of bugs/plotholes I've seen in recent games released...DA didn't do *too* bad.

Edited by theacefes, 03 December 2009 - 05:50 PM.

DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#152 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:36 PM

Compared to NWN2, this is *nothing*. There were game-breaking bugs in that, when it was first released.

OK, I did almost get stuck in the Fade, because I couldn't get out of Shale's Nightmare, but in the end, I made it past the damn statue-thingy. I'm hoping that some patch somewhere along the line widens that travel path.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#153 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:16 PM

Same here with Shale. I went to the forums and used W key, finally.

The funniest bug was with the dwarven quests: when I finished them with my female human PC and went to look at the log of finished quests, I found, to my amusement, a note that my dwarven son remained casteless. I know it's a quest for a male dwarf, but it was rather funny, anyway.

Still, epilogue glitches are no fun. :( Hell, I wanted these NPC epilogues!

#154 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:28 PM

Dunno how I got past it, though I remember that I had to use the hotkey movement controls, which I loathe. I want to point and click and let the game sort it out. *sigh*

Anyway, that was about the only time that I hit anything that was seriously a pain. I don't remember anything about any dwarf sons. I'm sure my PC would have remembered copulating with a dwarf. Well, maybe not *this* PC, but the last one, certainly.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#155 -Guest_theacefes-

-Guest_theacefes-

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:49 AM

On another note, it might be time to change the forum description here...since the game is out.

#156 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:53 AM

As well as unpin some of the now irrelevant pinned topics I should say...

#157 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 06:41 PM

Compared to the amount of bugs/plotholes I've seen in recent games released...DA didn't do *too* bad.

Thats true...the bugs they do have are minor and dont affect gameplay so as to speak...but none the less are still quite silly / annoying at the very least...

#158 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 06:24 AM

Right, I can finally join the party! My DA arrived in the post today (wasn't expecting it until next week).
I am going to finish my current game of NWN2 before taking the plunge, but as I've a week off work, I'll get plenty of gaming done. Happy!

#159 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 05:29 PM

Patch to 1.02 before you go anywhere near it. And don't install the v1.0 toolset as it's as buggy as hell and will trash your game - toolset v1.01 has fixed the bugs. There's a few mods starting to appear but a very few I'd recommend to reduce the fighting frustration factor are Activate_Tactics_for_Selectedt_Character-226.zip (sp is correct; it keeps your Tactics running on the selected character whereas the default game stops them running immediately you select a character, thus forcing you to micro-manage) and AdvancedTactics21-181.dazip (opens up some missing Tactics). I'm also using Circles_Be_Gone-95.7z (removes the circles under the characters' feet - much better immersion) and because I have a huge resolution of 1920 by 1080, I also found a mod that increases the conversation font size. I completely forget what it was because it had a really obscure name so I promptly renamed it to something easier to remember. [Edit: the original name is ftg_uimod01. Told you it was obscure...].

All these mods are available at Dragonage Nexus.

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 26 December 2009 - 12:36 PM.

#160 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 11:06 AM

I want a "Berelinde and Yovaneth's Recommended DA Mods" thread, please - I have one character ready for the Landsmeet, and I suspect i am going to do a clean sweep, new toolset, and selected mods install in the n ext couple of weeks.