Great conversion, some suggestions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 -ShiffD-

-ShiffD-

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:59 PM

Hello,
First I want to say I'm loving this conversion. I'm only a bit in, and there are some bugs and glitches I've run into, but considering the project i have no complaints. I've bought big sooper hyped up games retail/downloads with more bugs, less fixes and little to no community/customer support. So yea you guys rock, classic adventures rocks ,and spellhold rocks.

That said I just wanted to throw out a few ideas of mine. Not complaints or must-fixes just ideas.

A lot of characters have items only they can use but (maybe I'm missing the recent patch, or have some leftovers from other mods when i played BGII regular) when they drop them they are unable to reequip their own equipment. Specifically Aleigha's sword and the Lathander cleric guy's stuff... Can't remember his name. T here was one other character that dropped and couldn't reequip their stuff, can't remember who. Maybe when possible make it impossible to unequip there stuff, specifically the clerics armor and holy symbol thing.

#2 NPCs
THe game is chock full of elves, half-elves and rangers. I think more fighters, maybe from different kits would be nice. Maybe a barbarian option would be nice as well. A half-orc or something would be cool. Not really a big deal the NPCs are cool and you ahve a few options each for cleric, mage, thief and tank so its really a good selection. Just if you thinking to add more NPCs Half-orcs, barbarians etc. would give a good alternative flavor to the NPC selection.

#3 Meepo-
Awesome, don't know how you guys did it. but more humanoids would be soooo coool. Gave me an idea (looking at my old humanoids handbook) of a TC, maybe for not Infinity but some engine that is more friendly to making new races/classes, a humanoid campaign. Where your choice of character races are all like Orc, Kobold, Oger, Goblin, Orog, maybe centaur or stuff like that too. With PC classes Warrior, Scout/Scavenger, Shaman, Witchdoctor etc. Anyway that would be a cool play idea. As for as this TC adding more humanoid NPCs would be cool, kill the setting a bit and not be 'classic' maybe. Have to be half-ogres and half-orcs to get away with nuetral to good alignments.

#4 Keep up the good work, Classic Adventures ROCKS!

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:58 AM

A lot of characters have items only they can use but (maybe I'm missing the recent patch, or have some leftovers from other mods when i played BGII regular) when they drop them they are unable to reequip their own equipment. Specifically Aleigha's sword and the Lathander cleric guy's stuff...

Aleigha's sword should be re equipable when you change her back to human form. So if the sword was dropped in panic in bear form, or something alike, the form was dispelled, you might need to rechange her back to bear, and then back to human so she can re-equip her sword. The cleric of Lathander is Vildamyr... I have no idea how his items could become unequipable. Cures/ability drain(Strenght) might affect those, but they should be equipable after you have restored the normal state.

The game is chock full of elves, half-elves and rangers. I think more fighters, maybe from different kits would be nice. Maybe a barbarian option would be nice as well. A half-orc or something would be cool. Not really a big deal the NPCs are cool and you ahve a few options each for cleric, mage, thief and tank so its really a good selection. Just if you thinking to add more NPCs Half-orcs, barbarians etc. would give a good alternative flavor to the NPC selection.

There will be a Half-orc in the future... but it's a bit hard to make apporpeate(yes I spelled that wrgon) talks with other NPCs for none human-elf stand point of view, as the other races are a bit too much sub-classes of one or two arch-types, Dwarf= Smith/Fighter-Cleric_or_Thief, Gnome=Mystic Inventor/Mage-Illusionist+other_multi_class, Half-Orc= Green Dwarf. Halfling= Small Pink Dwarf.

Meepo is a special case, cause he isn't in the party that long, you missed a few key things, the avatar animation uses one kind of weapon, and that's it, his armor changes only the cloth color, nothing else. He has a special feature that makes his saves better, the special feature is lost if you level him up. And all those kinds of things... of course these might be ability to overcome some of those things, but it takes a lot of work...

Keep up the good work, Classic Adventures ROCKS!

That it does.
Ouh, and I am not part of the CA team, so you'll have to wait their official reply.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 16 November 2009 - 03:21 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:31 AM

Thanks Jarno for your help!

A lot of characters have items only they can use but (maybe I'm missing the recent patch, or have some leftovers from other mods when i played BGII regular) when they drop them they are unable to reequip their own equipment. Specifically Aleigha's sword and the Lathander cleric guy's stuff... Can't remember his name. T here was one other character that dropped and couldn't reequip their stuff, can't remember who. Maybe when possible make it impossible to unequip there stuff, specifically the clerics armor and holy symbol thing.

It could have been becaus ehis stats might have been adjusted when we made his .cre file. The reason why I wanted the special items unusable by anyone exceopt the NPC is obvious, so you don't kill them for their stuff.

#2 NPCs
THe game is chock full of elves, half-elves and rangers. I think more fighters, maybe from different kits would be nice. Maybe a barbarian option would be nice as well. A half-orc or something would be cool. Not really a big deal the NPCs are cool and you ahve a few options each for cleric, mage, thief and tank so its really a good selection. Just if you thinking to add more NPCs Half-orcs, barbarians etc. would give a good alternative flavor to the NPC selection.

Paraway used to be a barbarian but it didn't work, people simply hated the class. In the beginning their was only two elves, Aesdale and Blush. I am planning a lot more for Myth Drannor so some of the half elves such as Rihn and Vildamyr were made with this in mind. There is a lot of other classes, you just have to play through and find the different characters. It si pretty balanced. I admit it is ranger heavy in the beginning but Paraway is a unique kit(as a ranger) Dirbert is an archer and Aleigha is now the only pure class ranger you can meet.

#3 Meepo-
Awesome, don't know how you guys did it. but more humanoids would be soooo coool. Gave me an idea (looking at my old humanoids handbook) of a TC, maybe for not Infinity but some engine that is more friendly to making new races/classes, a humanoid campaign. Where your choice of character races are all like Orc, Kobold, Oger, Goblin, Orog, maybe centaur or stuff like that too. With PC classes Warrior, Scout/Scavenger, Shaman, Witchdoctor etc. Anyway that would be a cool play idea. As for as this TC adding more humanoid NPCs would be cool, kill the setting a bit and not be 'classic' maybe. Have to be half-ogres and half-orcs to get away with nuetral to good alignments.

A half orc is on the way. He is evil. Catharandamus and Kessa are evil characters as well.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:55 PM

1/2 orc will be in the next version. He can be found in Westgate.

Icar is a fighter (I think the only one). There are 2 paladins, 1 monk, several dual-class or multiclass, 2 bards, 1 elf mage, and 3 thieves. The game engine limits us to a degree and there are always plans to add more NPCs to the game. You can always add new kits for yourself.

The biggest problem with fighters or barbarians is coming up with a good storyline for that NPC. We don't want anything too common or like the original SoA storyline. I'm sure we will add some later as ideas come to us. Also, we are very willing to allow other people to add to our story as we expand. So if you have your own character (and can mod the files), you are welcome to share your NPC with everyone else.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website