TAB button

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 -Rumtajn-

-Rumtajn-

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:28 AM

I've just installed PsT after a very long time and all these fixes and tweaks are really cool, but what I'm still missing is BGII TAB button which showed every lootable object on the screen.
I don't know if it is possible to create such tweak in PsT engine, but it would be really sweet.

P.S. May I ask when v4.0 will be released? I see there hasn't been much info for a very long time, so I don't know if I should wait for it. Thanks.

#2 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 05:38 AM

It's not possible, I'm afraid.

And I'm *hoping* I can release it in time for SHS's "Twelve Days of Christmas" event, but not sure I'll be able to pull it off. The intent is there, though.

Qwinn

#3 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:59 AM

I was thinking whether it could be possible with the exe inflater by cmorgan (I think it was him who made it)? Basically it would allow for some hardcoded engine limitation to be bypassed. Definitely would be a huge time eater, though.
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#4 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:06 AM

Well, scient could've probably done it, basing it on the code in the BG2: TOB engine and inserting it into the PST .exe, but I'm certainly not qualified to engineer that without him. If someone else is that good with assembler and wants to try it, knock yourselves out.

Qwinn

#5 scient

scient
  • Modder
  • 1010 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:59 AM

Anyone know the BAM used as overlays when tab button is pressed on door/items? I'll need some more info to be able to track this down in TOB engine code. I doubt this will be simple to implement but I'll add it to my list of future potential tweaks.

Those interested in the classic TBS game Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri / Alien Crossover should check out the unofficial patch I work on here.

#6 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:01 PM

What the... Look who stopped by.
The new year brought along a prodigal son :P Welcome back, Scient !

I'll take a look at the BAM files as soon as I recover from today's celebrations.
Good to have you back man.

Oh, and a happy new year to everyone !

#7 scient

scient
  • Modder
  • 1010 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:31 PM

What the... Look who stopped by.
The new year brought along a prodigal son :P Welcome back, Scient !

I'll take a look at the BAM files as soon as I recover from today's celebrations.
Good to have you back man.

Oh, and a happy new year to everyone !

:D

Happy new years mate. :cheers:

Those interested in the classic TBS game Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri / Alien Crossover should check out the unofficial patch I work on here.

#8 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 07:00 PM

Happy New Years to everyone from me as well :)

And, yes, woohoo, scient is back!

Qwinn

#9 rtr86

rtr86
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:01 AM

Call off the search party! :)

Happy new year all.

#10 scient

scient
  • Modder
  • 1010 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:58 PM

No need to find overlay BAM's, I tracked down code in BG2:ToB thanks to my work on quick load. But, this won't be as "easy" as getting quick load to work so not something that will make it into next release. There is hope for future release since I'd like to have this feature as well. :)

Edited by scient, 05 January 2010 - 03:59 PM.

#11 -i30817-

-i30817-

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:35 PM

Scient, please... I beg you. Find a way to make

#12 -i30817-

-i30817-

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:39 PM

Opss.

Make Vampire Bloodlines dialogs able to query the number of dialog responses (to make another user interface than keyboard to choose the dialog responses). Making the "pick" (that picks the dialog response) show the text of the right picked one instead of always the first response would be nice too.

This would make bloodlines able to be played with a mouse only.

(On those boring nights when you are bored with hacking Alpha Centauri or PS:T think about it).

#13 scient

scient
  • Modder
  • 1010 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:57 PM

Opss.

Make Vampire Bloodlines dialogs able to query the number of dialog responses (to make another user interface than keyboard to choose the dialog responses). Making the "pick" (that picks the dialog response) show the text of the right picked one instead of always the first response would be nice too.

This would make bloodlines able to be played with a mouse only.

(On those boring nights when you are bored with hacking Alpha Centauri or PS:T think about it).

I wish I could say there is a possibility but honestly there are still a ton of things I want to do with PST. I've kind of left Alpha C people out in cold (prob shouldn't of even started that side project :/ ). Even if I finish all things I want to do in PST, I'd move back to resolving issues in AC code since I've already broken ground so to speak. That's not factoring in all other commitments I have outside of bug fixing (osx86, uni, life, etc). Bloodlines is one of time top 5 fav games but it takes a lot of work to start out any in depth analysis of how game code works. For example, it would be far easier for me to say fix bugs in another IE game like Baldur's Gate than it would be to move on to game I've never looked at the engine before. Well, that is without source code even then it's still a lot of work but without it reversing takes 10 times amount of time. If I remember correctly, Bloodlines is using an early version of Valve's Source engine which I have no idea about. Then there is whole issue of having to used "cracked" exe with protection removed like securom/starforce which I ran into with Alpha C.