Compliments, Compliments, and Compliments

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tieflingz

Tieflingz

SS Promotionist

• 100 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 09:23 AM

I'm certain I'm not the first to post cheesy, long, and positive comments toward the ones doing the hard work, but here goes, and hopefully the thread finds a place for those to post compliments for the mod, modders, and helpers alike.

Sir BillyBob,

I have taken a full week to "fix" a truck, the process required me to remember all the gears, bolts, screws, and many other parts that I have taken apart. From taking the Engine and Transmission off the truck, seperating them, releasing the oil, taking out the gauge, cleaning every single things from the bolts to the engine's body, just to "basically" find out the problem is that the gauges have damaged the... the... side walls? Sorry, my English skills cannot keep up with my Blackhand (Tech. in Taiwan, I might eventually take a picture and you guys will know why!) experiences. [/End of Experience talk]

Now, to comprehend what you have done for the mod, I suppose the "truck-work" was all done in digital and it took months or years to get familiar with the "tools" that you use to put all these up together... (Of course, if there's more please tell so I can praise more if that's what you wish :P, but praises can get tiresome! Criticism is more practical and beneficial, but from someone not experienced in IE modding like me? naaah)

I mean, if it were I to do all these with a mouse and a keyboard and a screen? I'd go crazy...

My eternal gratitude for the total conversion.

Leahnkain and Celestine,

At the very first, when I browse through your characters on the CA homepage hosted on Spellhold, I looked into their stats and biographies, simply thought that they were made in haste in completion for the mod.

But I was wrong, totally wrong, completely mistaken. Scripts aside, I fell in love with many of your characters (Males, females alike! 3rd gender? uhh... well I guess I don't have to answer that yet?), their past and events are somewhat connected with in-depth relations, I could give out so many examples from my In-game experience but I just think that'll become spam and not get to my point of appreciation. (Alright here goes one, Althon and Rilithar.. Nobles amongst the nobles. At first I'd have thought Althon would fit in Lawful Neutral better, but nay, you made me realize that Lawful Evilness is not just innocent-killing-with-an-awesome-method, but it is an alignment taken in many forms and explications, let along many other alignments)

I don't know how you are able to create such in-depth characters, let along their over all relationships, companionships, and events, but I guess experience and awesomeness tell everything!

Awed in your complicated and flamboyant characters... I am wordless but praises to offer.

Jarno,

While you're not a member (Or you are?) in the team of CA, but a person that understands IE modding willing to help out lazy IE bums like me and explain what the actual terms and scripts are? Discussing what is going on and what has happened, I am in your graces.

We need more people like you to do our bidding for us! Someone that will actually become helpful in mod developments, a freelancer (Or an Imp, should I say) of the scripts and bug-killing alike :P

Well, there goes my chanting of compliments for the time being, just hope it doesn't become spam and if I am told to shut up, I will! A dweller/lurker (Like thousands of others on this forum) should keep their silence when supposed to anyways, I'm just breaking the rules since I feel like doing so for an awesome conversion like this... I mean... look at this! It's only a bit over half way done and it's already accomplished so much!

With much appreciation in mind,
Tieflingz

PS: Am I missing someone else? Like the portrait artists and mod addons such as RR and Miloch? And Celestine for certain romances? Eh... there's so much people to thank and not enough threads/posts.. Enough of my spams for now... or ever...

Edited by Tieflingz, 26 December 2009 - 09:24 AM.

I am: Human-Essentric (Halflings/Gnomes/Dwarves/Tieflings are favored)
Fetish: Backstab Ability (That includes Blackguards!)
Alignment: Mainly Any Evil and, to some extent, Chaotic Neutral
Nemesis:
Aasimar (Unless s/he's evil like Belueth the Calm)
Elf (I just don't like those pointy ears)
Paladin (You could guess why)
Weapon of Choice:
Short Sword/Thrown Daggers + Buckler

#2 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 26 December 2009 - 06:36 PM

Thank you for your praise, Althon has been my favorite NPC to write. I broke the key rule of modders when I made the NPC's. I didn't listen to anyone's advice and wrote NPC's which I wanted to play. I also wanted some NPC's to have some history with each other to help with plot hooks. I used to play AD&D so I knew the alignments were more then how many players percieved them to be. At one tiime I was going to write a Sarevok mod, he would have been/he should have been like Althon. I was really happy when Celestine joined the team, honestly she was my muse. Her work with Riltihar and Rivian is very well done. We have added new writers to help Solar and Lysan are very creative and their writing style is far superior then mine. I enjoy playing CA and having NPC banters written by them. It is a treat. Finally SBB and I are very grateful to have Sam on the team. He is our new glue, since mags has retired from modding. As for the artists, I have used real life contacts and most of the art has been professionally done. The same for most of the original voice acting. I have to admit I am really happy to have found some of the SHS talent has been equally as skilled as the professions which we have used. Herd, Nix and Plasmocat are amazing artist which were all found on spellhold. (Recetly herd has been helping a great deal on maps for Castle Amber, I am lucky to get his assistance.) The hardest thing about writing so many NPC's is when doing a TC finding time. Over the past year I ahve been busy making areas and maps for new quest, it takes so much time away from writing.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#3 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 26 December 2009 - 06:40 PM

I just wanted to add Jarno has been incredibly helpful, without him helping answer everyone's questions and finding bugs, I am sure the CA team would have a very difficult time. Thank you once again Jarno.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:21 PM

Jarno and the other helpers here really should be acknowledged for helping us assist everyone else. I travel all the time for my real job and sometimes can't access the forum here for weeks at a time. Many of you would have long ago walked away from this mod if players didn't help each other out with answering questions.

I only build the files, the other team members are the genius behind storylines and character creation. We have made many revisions of some of the older NPCs. Some still need changes but it is very hard to go back and revamp multiple dialogs and storylines to match a change now. So please continue to point out errors or confusion to us. Unfortunately, like any writer, we assume the reader knows the changes we make in our heads even though we forgot to tell you the change.

We have many more mods, quests, areas, and other plans for this mod over the next several years to make it. Jarno and Sam can probably both point out many changes they have seen with each install and said "What now?" Hopefully as we get closer to wrapping this up, many will find this a new mod and players like you can post messages stating, I remember when ...

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website