Imoen Romance dead?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Spell Singer

Spell Singer
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:49 PM

http://www.imoen.blindmonkey.org/

It's nothing but "error 404 - Not found" now. :( I'm really just surprised no one ever provided a link to the ToB beta. Doesn't anyone have it?

A final thought, you can be a full elf and she can be a full human, so at least she's not blood related.

#2 azgarth

azgarth
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:41 PM

luckily, you can still find it here.

#3 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:37 PM

Moved to IE Modding Discussion. :)

#4 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:44 PM

I do not think Lord M ever made the ToB portion he was working on publicly available - I certainly have never seen one. But the links azgarth has provided have the latest available files that have been released.

#5 Spell Singer

Spell Singer
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:45 PM

I do not think Lord M ever made the ToB portion he was working on publicly available - I certainly have never seen one. But the links azgarth has provided have the latest available files that have been released.

Not quite, there was a release of a ToB soundtrack for the mod as well as a beta privately for the testers. No testers have provided a link as far as I know.

#6 -Masis-

-Masis-

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:45 PM

If Lord M has actually given up on it, I hope that the beta will be made available, even if it's just a read-only sort of format. Would be crummy to never know what would have happened.

#7 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:07 PM

I think the testers are trying to respect what I would assume to be Lord M's wishes to not have the private builds available for public download; that's why none of them have stepped forward with a link.
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#8 -Masis-

-Masis-

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:04 PM

I think the testers are trying to respect what I would assume to be Lord M's wishes to not have the private builds available for public download; that's why none of them have stepped forward with a link.

Yes, and I can respect that. However, if Lord M. has truly given up on it and we hear nothing from him in upcoming months or years . . . then it just leaves everyone hanging.

#9 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:07 PM

Yes, and I can respect that. However, if Lord M. has truly given up on it and we hear nothing from him in upcoming months or years . . . then it just leaves everyone hanging.

Unfortunately, the average modder feels so self-entitled that there'd be an outcry if a tester were to breach trust, so that's not going to happen any time soon.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#10 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:30 PM

Seriously, get with the public betas already. You're not *that* special.

#11 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:09 PM

Seriously, get with the public betas already. You're not *that* special.

Heh, apparently they are if so many people want the beta that badly. ;)

I for one am of the opinion that I am very special, and none of you better forget that. :)

#12 El Diablo

El Diablo
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:18 PM

Didn't someone make a new forum of some kind after the official ones got overrun by bots? (SKYNET HAS BECOME SELFAWARE!)

i wish badly this thing would get finished..don't get it entirely either. if so many want it done and a modder doesn't want to work on it no more. why doesn't the modder just stomp out something crappy and say "there done. now your all happy".

suppose im just one of those folks that rather want a handfull of shite then an empty hand. :(

Still keep hope it gets done. i got 2 chars standing ready at the tree :)

#13 Spell Singer

Spell Singer
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:37 PM

I just don't get it. Imoen was voted the most popular BG character. Tons of fans expected to romance her when they heard BG 2 was coming out, and much to their dismay she turns out to be your sister. Best friends usually don't look at each other like siblings, from what I know.
A less popular character Sarevok, who turns out to be your brother whom blackmails you into sharing some of your soul (or Imoen's) gets a romance done like that. He is your brother, though I suppose his divine essence is gone, giving you no relation. (I don't mean to insult the author of that mod in any way if it seems I am, I'm just trying to make a point.)
Still, if she's not blood related, I'm appalled fans came out with several alternate romances before her. I know I'm a hypocrit, not making any mods myself, but... still... I mean what I say.

#14 -Masis-

-Masis-

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:08 PM

Well, the site is showing signs of life, at least: http://www.blindmonkey.org/

Good to see . ..

#15 OneEyedPhoenix

OneEyedPhoenix
  • 308 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:27 PM

Well, the site is showing signs of life, at least: http://www.blindmonkey.org/

Good to see . ..

Yeah right...

"Spam, spam oh wonderful spam!"

If nobody cares to clean up the forum it's definitely a bad sign.

#16 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:35 PM

Well, the last official news post was February 10, 2009. At first, I thought it was November 10, but looking down, the dates seem to use Roman numerals for the months. The spam has been allowed to exist since August. Yet the hosting bill was paid. Go fig.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#17 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:44 PM

There might be something useful in this thread.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#18 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:12 PM

Yet the hosting bill was paid. Go fig

On my hosting account I have it set to automatically bill me at the end of the billing period. There seems to be other stuff he has on his domain; perhaps he doesn't want to lose that.

#19 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:17 AM

News are here.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#20 TC Dale

TC Dale
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:13 PM

Well, there's news -- the forums are back up, and the webpage has been redesigned. The correct link for the webpage is:

http://imoen.blindmonkey.org (although www.imoen.blindmonkey.org works, too)

If you check the forums (or the News page on the site), you'll see the latest and greatest -- and there have been some significant changes in the last month. In summary:

=========

1) Lord Mirrabbo has declared that he's officially withdrawing from the mod.

2) I (yes, me) am the new 'head' of the Imoen mod -- I'm the forum master, the web master, and the new mod author.

(For those who are like "who the hell are you?" -- I used to be Jashan on the Imoen forums and have been involved in the mod for years and years in one way or another.)

3) The TOB part WILL, assuming I don't die in the next year or two, be completed. I don't know when yet, because I'm still working with Lord M to make a complete list of plot lines, variables, etc. so I know exactly what's done, what was planned but not completed, and what was planned but never even started.

4) There might even be an SOA version 2.0. You can see details on that in the Imoen forums.

===================

So, spread the word. The Imoen Romance mod is slowly coming out of its coma.