Photo

Change the look of the Pocket Plane?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Cykuta

Cykuta
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:29 AM

One of the things that make ToB less enjoyable than it might be is the way the Pocket Plane looks just like the Hell Trials from SoA. I suppose it didn't matter when you had to wait for the expansion, but now it's kind of repetitive. Is it possible to change the looks of an area like that at all? I realize it might be heaps of trouble for nearly nothing, what with the trials and all, but if i didn't ask i'd always be wondering.
Guess what? I've started a blog! Kitchen Witchcraft : of Magic and Macaroni.

#2 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:59 AM

Making new areas is really hard to do well.

#3 Cykuta

Cykuta
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:10 AM

But, technically speaking, replacing this area with another is possible? With some other BG2 area, for example? I know virtually nothing about the technical side, but it seems to me it could influence the tob playability quite a lot if you got, say, a class-specific pocket plane look? something woody for rangers and druids, a temple for paladins...

Yeah, i'm just dropping loose ideas here for discussion. Which don't really interest people, by the look of it, so maybe i'll just shut up :ph34r: .

#4 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:03 AM

Class specific planes would be interesting, but unfortunetly it is a plan of the Lord Of Murder. :) I don't think Bhaal enjoyed casual strolls through the forest collecting flowers :P

#5 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:46 AM

Class specific planes... mmm. To me, it makes perfect sense that it looks exactly like the Hell trials from SoA - both are supposed to, since they're both parts of Bhaal's corner of the Abyss.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#6 Cykuta

Cykuta
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:45 AM

Hmm... I don't know... The Pocket Plane is strongly charname-related, the trial descriptions say you're facing the aspects of your soul and your own fears. When you go to the Throne itself, the pocket plane is destroyed, on account od it being charname's personal sphere. No one else can get there - only him. Couldn't it take a visual form according to who charname is?

#7 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:40 PM

The Pocket Plane was created by Bhaal as he desired it, not as a reflection of himself. I think.

#8 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:02 PM

The Pocket Plane was created by Bhaal

By Charname, actually, as Sarevok explains it to him/her.

Retired from modding.

#9 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:21 AM

My mistake. I have to freshen up on my lore. :P

A pocket plane is a plane within a plane unconsciously created through the power of their Bhaalspawn blood by the player character to shield themselves within Bhaal's realm. Bhaal's blood is evil blood. This means that the plane will inevitably look evil, regardless of character class or personality.

#10 Phobia

Phobia

Zeke's everything

• 87 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:27 AM

It would be nice to have a little piece of heaven in hell, if charname was lawful good or something. :) But in the end, it doesn't matter much to me. I spend more time doing quests and the like.
Left the modding forums