ME2: The Soundtrack

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:48 AM

The Mass Effect 2 soundtrack will be released on January 19th (yes, before the game itself is released!) and is composed by Jack Wall, the guy who brought us the Mass Effect 1 and Jade Empire soundtracks.

See the Amazon.com entry with samplers here.

Track listing:

• The Illusive Man
  • Humans Are Disappearing
  • The Attack
  • The Lazarus Project
  • A Rude Awakening
  • The Normandy Reborn
  • Miranda
  • Jacob
  • Freedom's Progress
  • Thane
  • Garrus
  • An Unknown Enemy
  • Samara
  • Grunt
  • Horizon
  • Tali
  • Mordin
  • The Normandy Attacked
  • Jack
  • Legion
  • Jump Drive
  • Crash Landing
  • The Collector Base
  • The End Run
  • Suicide Mission
  • New Worlds
  • Reflections

#2 Philiposophy

Philiposophy
  • 155 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:37 AM

The soundtrack to ME1 was very good so I have high hopes for this one.

#3 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:34 AM

Oooooh!!! I'll be waiting for this one!!! I absolutely *loved* the ME1 soundtrack, and I too have high hopes for this one. I wonder if they'll have another Faunts song for the credits, the "M4 (Part II)" for ME1's credits was pretty awesome.

*rushes off to listen to the samples*

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#4 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:56 PM

I'm a big fan of Jack Wall--had a quick listen to some of the previews there, and they sound great. Another reason to look forward to the game! His Riven soundtrack was amazing.

#5 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:37 AM

BIOWARE REUNITES WITH LEGENDARY COMPOSER JACK WALL FOR MASS EFFECT 2 ORIGINAL SCORE

Renowned Composer Provides Original Music for 2010?s First Mega-Blockbuster

Edmonton, Alberta (January 11, 2010) ? BioWare?, a division of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS), announced today that accomplished composer, Jack Wall, will compose the original score for Mass Effect? 2, the epic second act in the award-winning action-RPG trilogy. Featuring nearly three hours of extraordinary orchestral arrangements, the score explodes with a symphony of sounds that spur the game?s intense action and dramatic storytelling. Wall scored the award-winning soundtracks for the original Mass Effect.

?We are thrilled to again be collaborating with Jack Wall, this time on Mass Effect 2,? said Dr. Ray Muzyka, co-founder, BioWare and Group General Manager of the RPG/MMO Group of EA. ?Jack did an outstanding job with the original game and has a firm grasp for our vision of the trilogy. His score for Mass Effect 2 perfectly blends classic sci-fi inspired sounds with unique arrangements to achieve an emotionally charged complement to the dramatic, action-packed gameplay.?

?Working on the Mass Effect franchise has challenged me to create music beyond what I?ve written before,? said composer Jack Wall.?With Mass Effect 2, the story is even more engrossing and affecting, so it was important for me, along with my team of composers Sam Hulick, David Kates, Jimmy Hinson, and music implementation by Brian DiDomenico, to develop a score that complemented the scope and intensity of the gameplay while captivating the players and drawing them deeper into the story.?

The Mass Effect trilogy is an epic science fiction adventure set in a vast universe filled with dangerous alien life and mysterious, uncharted planets. In Mass Effect 2, players will once again step into the role of the heroic Commander Shepard, commanding their crew of some of the most dangerous operatives from across the galaxy on a mission so challenging that it?s potentially suicidal. Featuring intense shooter action, a rich futuristic storyline, space exploration and emotionally engaging character interaction, the game delivers an unparalleled cinematic experience.

The Mass Effect 2 soundtrack will be available for purchase from digital retailers on January 19, 2010.

Mass Effect 2 is scheduled for release on the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system and PC on January 26, 2010 in North America and January 29, 2010 in Europe and has been rated ?M? for Mature by the ESRB and ?18+? by PEGI (please visit www.esrb.org and www.pegi.eu for more information on ratings). Follow us on Twitterat http://twitter.com/masseffect2. For more information on Mass Effect 2, go to http://masseffect.bioware.com/.

#6 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:06 AM

The ME 2 soundtrack is now out:

Mass Effect 2 Soundtrack now on sale

2010.01.19 | Posted by Evil Chris Priestly

The Official Soundtrack for Mass Effect 2 is now on sale through leading digital websites.

The Official Soundtrack has 27 tracks once again brilliantly written by composer Jack Wall, the same composer who created the Mass Effect 1 Soundtrack.

You can purchase the tracks individually or you can purchase the entire digital album here: SOUNDTRACK.

#7 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:55 AM

BioWare has released a new soundtrack for ME2. The "Atmospheric" edition contains 9 unreleased tracks from the game. You can check out the Amazon/iTunes links for this and the two previous soundtracks (ME1, ME2) here. ME2 & ME2 Atmospheric soundtracks are digital release only.

Posted Image
Mass Effect 2 Atmospheric

Featuring returning talent Jack Wall, Atmospheric features 9 previously unreleased tracks from the Mass Effect 2 experience.

Track listing:

• What the Future Holds
  • Charges of Treason
  • Shuttle Ride
  • Finding Samara
  • Facial Reconstruction
  • Chatting With Mordin
  • Finding Archangel
  • Negotiating With Miranda
  • Pure Krogan